World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about rolling Whitemane horde to raid with you guys, but I have a 60 Alliance War on Sulfuras with mostly pre-raid BIS and ~400g that I'm trying to figure out how to parlay over there. Paid char transfers and faction swapping isn't available on classic yet, right? And I don't think you can mail items across servers to sell on neutral AH? Argh.

Gonna have to sell your account or trade.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Sell the gold, sell the char, buy a new account or power leveling. 400g is like $200, your char prob an easy $400 if not more cause of gear.. and you can get PL 1-60 for $430 in 2/3weeks time.

playerauctions, epicnpc, ownedcore are three places to handle that.

Yes you risk getting caught. U could just sell it all together for less risk/less $. I haven’t done rmt on classic so not sure how sensitive they are to this stuff yet. Maybe you could find a gold seller to swap gold on servers, at a loss since it would be a risk to them and would need to benefit them somehow.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
BrotherWu -

Heroic Strike REPLACES your next white hit.

Mortal Strike is IN ADDITION to your next white hit.

Heroic Strike means you don't gain rage from the white hit. Mortal Strike is an extra hit in the middle.

Heroic Strike only gets added into the rotation when you have 75+ rage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why not jsut keep it, make a new character and be right there where you left off in less than a few weeks, especially now when the world is pretty much open and hardly any competition. 400 gold is easy to make once when 60. Shit I made 200 gold in a week just farming shit, not even lucky exotics or anything. The BIS thing for a tank is EZ mode too. Tanks are so fucking rare and wanted you can pretty much call out your reserved drops before dungeon even starts.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
seems silly to rush to 60 and do all that then sit there and walk away from it without trying to get some return that could make your reroll easier.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dire Maul in a week.

actual video is only the first 90 seconds. After that he's having a stroke and talks about shit nobody cares about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That news makes me happy as shit.

It also means we are down to one layer by next week.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That news makes me happy as shit.

It also means we are down to one layer by next week.
Someone didn't watch the video! They're ripping Dire Maul out of phase 2, it's phase 1.5! lol

"We've heard from many of you," aka bored streamers!

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I sorta watched it but yeah it didn't click that since its not phase 2 may not be down to 1 layer yet. Good call

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Dire Maul in a week.

actual video is only the first 90 seconds. After that he's having a stroke and talks about shit nobody cares about.

For a few seconds in this video I thought we were going to get new classic content. I almost had a heart attack.

ugh.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Curious what you guys think on a couple of warrior questions. 'm 46, spec'd 31/6/0/.

- I just picked up a Stoneslayer. Nice increase in DPS over the Axe but I'm wondering whether it would make sense to respec to swords. I know you usually consider dps first and foremost but it is a big drop in stats. I guess it depends on the drops I'll be seeing? I'm going to start with measuring dps and if it is close or better I'll respec swords.

- When do you guys use Mortal Strike? For double the rage cost it's only slight more damage than HS. I guess the improvement is the wound factor but that seems like the impact would be situational. It feels very meh for a top talent but maybe I am missing something.

- Finally, after playing for a few weeks, I have to ask: Is it Furor who doesn't know the difference between the words "bring" and "take"? It's triggering me.

If you dont care about tanking go 31/20. I am 52 and going 31/3/17 to get defiance, last stand, and 1 point in shield block for an extra block to help run instances smoother.

Mortal Strike is worth it because, like others have said, it is an extra instant attack that adds into your normal melee attacks. you dont even need to sim it: an extra instant attack that is weapon damage plus 85, or two normal attacks that do an extra 50damage for the same cost? If you have a big and slow weapon (which you do) you will always be better using MS.

Does not even factor in you lose the rage you would have gained on the HS swings, and it doesn't factor in the extra swing is another chance to crit, which procs deep wounds, AND the MS strike hits harder so it benefits larger from Impale which adds 20% bonus damage on ability crits.

As for Axe vs. Sword spec, axe is a little better because the way sword spec works is that it's an instant swing timer reset or something. I dont know the full explanation but the way its coded means Axes edge out swords for arms warriors, but it is very slight (and irrelevant if you're playing Human).

I basically keep my rage for Mortal strike and try to hit it every cooldown. throw in a demo shout then battle shout if there's rage, or bank up to use sweeping strikes if I'm taking on 2 mobs.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If most players aren't 60, then why the hell are they giving them another dungeon to gear up in already. I'm probably not going to step foot in UBRS/LBRS/BRD again on my 60 unless a guildie needs it for attunement since every item in DM eclipse the ones that drop in those dungeons excluding felstriker/ironfoe which are not worth grinding with my already horrible RNG.

Should have been honor system.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thank god it isn’t honour system - that would have been hell for those of us not yet 60 on a pvp server...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If most players aren't 60, then why the hell are they giving them another dungeon to gear up in already. I'm probably not going to step foot in UBRS/LBRS/BRD again on my 60 unless a guildie needs it for attunement since every item in DM eclipse the ones that drop in those dungeons excluding felstriker/ironfoe which are not worth grinding with my already horrible RNG.

Should have been honor system.
I mean from a warlock perspective the only pre raid bis item is the shadow damage dagger or the rod of ogre magi, plus the crafted felcloth gloves. BRD LBRS UBRS Strat Scholo have like 8 bis items between them on the other hand.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I assume the Warlock/Paladin mount quests will also become available when DM releases? I already collected all the buyable consumables for the quest, makes my life easier not having to wait 2 more months for epic mount if that's the case!