World of Warcraft: Classic

Argarth

On the verandah
Asmon and the content created around him can be pretty funny.

:emoji_laughing:

Asmongold: "Same shirt? Well yeah, of course it's the same shirt, it was 3 days ago dude. Like, what the fuck do you expect me to do?"

Asmongold: "McConnell...what are you!!...my god!..."

McConnell: "Eh...what's up...what's up?"

Asmongold: "You're te... you're, you're fuckin' tellin' him what to do and... what to say!!"

McConnell: "Hey, I mean, that's what I do. That's what I'm good at man! I'm good at ahhh, creating content for all these retards on Twitch that want something to do, something to watch"

Asmongold: "I guess so" ... queues exit music

• 1Brony
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dailies were just a lazy solution to their problem of wanting to give the player a carrot but not wanting to spend too much time creating content to reach that carrot.

As for those Shadowpriest videos on Mongo, usually I scoff at people who use text to speech software to narrate their videos because they are too autistic to read a text themselves, but in this case, with a voice like that? Yeah, just do that instead.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Originally dailies were kinda interesting. The Ogrila dailies in Blade's Edge where eventually you could get items to take control of the Shivarra and do an event for rewards was pretty great in fact. But that's what they were, small portions of repeatable quests for specific reputation that you could get in other ways as well (usually). It was an alternative, or addition to grinding. Like the Netherwing rep with dailies + eggs.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I just remember dailies being not something I could do but something I had to do, daily, every day.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They would have been better off ignoring dailies entirely and adding incentives (like the bonus loot) for doing heroics.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just remember dailies being not something I could do but something I had to do, daily, every day.

That wasn't until later. But yea, dailies fucking suck now and have for a long, long time.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Dailies, WQ's, and really any repeatable content that is required for advancement is beyond fucking aids and should be purged from every video game going forward. It's built off mobile phone game / facebook game micro transaction fuckery to screw over the players. I hope every Dev that does this ends up booted from the industry, sadly people are retarded and fall for it repeatedly and it banks these trash devs billions on billions.

The world truly has some scummy dick weasels who love nothing more than to scam you and the whole turn players into payers shit is just that. The Daily shit in WoW is just an extension of the same and if ActiBliz thought they could get away with a paid skip for rep grinds they would be doing it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dailies, WQ's, and really any repeatable content that is required for advancement is beyond fucking aids and should be purged from every video game going forward. It's built off mobile phone game / facebook game micro transaction fuckery to screw over the players. I hope every Dev that does this ends up booted from the industry, sadly people are retarded and fall for it repeatedly and it banks these trash devs billions on billions.

The world truly has some scummy dick weasels who love nothing more than to scam you and the whole turn players into payers shit is just that. The Daily shit in WoW is just an extension of the same and if ActiBliz thought they could get away with a paid skip for rep grinds they would be doing it.
I would have paid in a hearbeat to buy max reps instead of farming those dailies.

• 1Worf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Leveling now is more normal at least up to hillsbrad.

Fewer lowbs conpeting for mobs.

Im sure the closer to 60 you get the m.j ore crowded it is

50's right now sucks. I've basically abandoned my main except when I feel like doing a dungeon. It's nice always having rested exp on whatever character I'm playing though. If you intend on having an alt, make it asap and get it to like level 6, so you can start benefiting from rested.

Last edited:

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Dailies, WQ's, and really any repeatable content that is required for advancement is beyond fucking aids and should be purged from every video game going forward.
The problem isn't the repeatable part.

The problem is the daily part. Dailies aren't dailies to "pace you" so that you don't consume content faster. They are there to condition you to play every day, which makes the game a regular occurrence (instead of "whenever"), which makes the game a part of your life - and thus, you stay subscribed. If you play every day, you are less likely to think "why am I playing this", whereas if you play one a week or whenever, it's easier to ask yourself that since you didn't "miss" the days you didn't play.

Dailies aren't (just, they can also be) a gating mechanic, they're a good addictive mechanic. Which is why I compared them to drugs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
VBar visibility range change is stupid and horrible and makes the game suck. Let's just skip past the rigamarole and change it back. If you can't hotfix it then fix it on Tuesday. I have a 41 yard range. Game devs think it's cool that I have to stand within 15 fucking yards of mobs to see their nameplates? Stop being stupid and just make the changes I tell you to make for free since you've all decided you're not interested in doing a good job on your own.

"just tab target"

And that's how you get adds.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Thinking about rolling Whitemane horde to raid with you guys, but I have a 60 Alliance War on Sulfuras with mostly pre-raid BIS and ~400g that I'm trying to figure out how to parlay over there. Paid char transfers and faction swapping isn't available on classic yet, right? And I don't think you can mail items across servers to sell on neutral AH? Argh.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Thinking about rolling Whitemane horde to raid with you guys, but I have a 60 Alliance War on Sulfuras with mostly pre-raid BIS and ~400g that I'm trying to figure out how to parlay over there. Paid char transfers and faction swapping isn't available on classic yet, right? And I don't think you can mail items across servers to sell on neutral AH? Argh.

There is no way for you to transfer onto Whitemane. Why not start up a character, get an invite, and see if it works out? Could transfer your dude in the future if/when they introduce character services.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm considering getting a 2nd account to play with you dudes but then I gotta log in bfa and play the ah more

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Use the free transfer to send your 1st character to another realm, then you can make a Horde one. Problem solved!

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Curious what you guys think on a couple of warrior questions. 'm 46, spec'd 31/6/0/.

- I just picked up a Stoneslayer. Nice increase in DPS over the Axe but I'm wondering whether it would make sense to respec to swords. I know you usually consider dps first and foremost but it is a big drop in stats. I guess it depends on the drops I'll be seeing? I'm going to start with measuring dps and if it is close or better I'll respec swords.

- When do you guys use Mortal Strike? For double the rage cost it's only slight more damage than HS. I guess the improvement is the wound factor but that seems like the impact would be situational. It feels very meh for a top talent but maybe I am missing something.

- Finally, after playing for a few weeks, I have to ask: Is it Furor who doesn't know the difference between the words "bring" and "take"? It's triggering me.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Once you have MS you should use it on cooldown always unless the mob is going to die shortly from your next white hit.
Edit: and don’t use heroic strike while leveling at all. Sunder is better, and hamstring will even come out ahead for overpower/deep wounds proccing.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Once you have MS you should use it on cooldown always unless the mob is going to die shortly from your next white hit.
Edit: and don’t use heroic strike while leveling at all. Sunder is better, and hamstring will even come out ahead for overpower/deep wounds proccing.

Hm. Some of the guides I've read suggest HS should be in your rotation.

Also, been meaning to ask, when tanking do you guys use a shield the whole instance or only on bosses (and maybe put it when there are a lot of casters.)?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
You lose the rage you would have gained from an auto attack when you use heroic strike. Mortal strike is only good because of pvp.

• 1Like