World of Warcraft: Classic

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ideally you would have a mix of both. The quick short dungeons and the long ones. With all the best loot in the longer harder ones.
Omg how dare you! I want to put no time in and get all the best loot anyway! I don't have time to play the big dungeons but that doesn't matter, I want the best anyway!!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aktinos

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well I'm an idiot - it should have been the first thing I considered before rolling a character on Whitemane. When FoH goes off to raid it's 11am here. Guess the nostalgia and the desire to guild up with some friendlies, put my left brain to sleep, lol.

Raiding just isn't going to be possible, and the more I think about it, playing Classic doesn't really make sense to me if I can't raid. Doubly a shame, because I was watching that last Rag&Onyxia video that @Sebudai posted, and listening to some of the chat afterwards - you guys sound like a chill bunch. Oh well, no harm done. Best of luck to you all.

When enough casuals / alts hit 60 we'll probably try and start up a casual weekend run. Was thinking saturday afternoon servertime. So level up anyway! it might be something that you could join in on.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Asmongold rolling horde alts on Herod, the server people went to specifically to avoid streamers, and everyone is SO fucking salty it's hilarious. There's an army of spergs chasing them around and crashing org I love it

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider

I feel like this is a fairly good video. Some of the points he addresses are why I think EQ Next wanted to do away with leveling. He also addresses some of the problems that classic WoW find itself with in a few months (everyone max level, low level zones empty).

Good shit.

He has some good points but his biases come through at multiple points. Even the tone of his voice when he compares the 2 games easily gives it away (look at the parts around 25 minutes. High tone, happy voice = BFA, low tone, monotonous = Vanilla).

I think he misses the key difference and that's the pace of rewards. If you get something quickly like you do in BFA, it means less. The patience, the time needed, the "social dependence" aspect all lends itself to rewards actually meaning something. It was never about "difficulty".

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Asmongold rolling horde alts on Herod, the server people went to specifically to avoid streamers, and everyone is SO fucking salty it's hilarious. There's an army of spergs chasing them around and crashing org I love it
Yeah, I'm on Herod and it's kinda annoying. I just don't understand why people enjoy watching this guy, or any streamer for that matter.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't understand why you have a shitty football team as your icon either but we all find entertainment in different things

• 9Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 10 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This one is place I feel like EQ was still better than WoW. All of EQ's old content was still pretty relevant and worth doing even when new expansions came out. It kind of added on to the game's content, rather than make everything else obsolete.
It's also not just the raid content, it's the tradeskills, the dungeons, many typical level cap things became completely dead content. Arcane Crystals? Garbage now. When you raise the level cap like WoW does, you basically need to completely redesign your entire former level cap game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I'm on Herod and it's kinda annoying. I just don't understand why people enjoy watching this guy, or any streamer for that matter.

skipping over the obviously answered a million times part - the whole thing would be over in one minute if people had react the right way: giving him exactly zero attention. Instead their butthurt reactions make his stream for him. He has to do absolutely nothing but point a finger at his screen there. "Look at all these idiots!"

xzi

Mouthbreather
skipping over the obviously answered a million times part - the whole thing would be over in one minute if people had react the right way: giving him exactly zero attention. Instead their butthurt reactions make his stream for him. He has to do absolutely nothing but point a finger at his screen there. "Look at all these idiots!"

This is pretty much the only reason I tuned in for how mad people are at his simple presence

Chris

Potato del Grande
The video where he couldn't play because his inbox was full of guild drama from his 10 guilds of spergs and he had to go through it was hilarious.

• 1Worf

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Been farming the stupid caster belt all fucking day. For whatever reason I'm locked the guy ive been doing it with all day isnt. Happens all the time for whatever reason. They decide to duo one without me for some reason and guess what fucking drops

• 1RAGE

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I LOVED Burning Crusade, its raid content, its world design, the dailies. Everything about the place.
What? Get out. Get the hell out. I retract everything I could ever find good about you.

• 5Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck doing those Sunwell dailies every day after my raid ended at midnight only to have to wake up at 6am the next morning for work.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I liked that you could fly. And they were in one spot.

BFA has you fag all over the world.
Dailies were the start of the slippery slope. They're the first dose that lead you to having to spend years in rehab. They were the awakening of the Evil that Destroy the World.

(fuck those manta-ray flying mounts and nether drakes)

• 1Like