World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
So they can shave 5 minutes off the run to avoid a rez here and there, they expect the whole raid to spend a thousand gold on consumables? Abandon ship.

yeah that's what happens when you join sperg private server guilds, when the only form of progression in classic is speed running that's basically all you got

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
So they can shave 5 minutes off the run to avoid a rez here and there, they expect the whole raid to spend a thousand gold on consumables? Abandon ship.
maxresdefault_grande.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wonder what the percentage of people on a classic server like this actually raid, is it like it was in the 2005-2006? 20%ish or is it more?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its probabaly easily puggable if you have a good raid leader to herd all the cats. I cannot see a PUG doing some of the harder encounters without that.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Doing the content with smaller raids is way more productive than speed running. When most bosses drop like 2.5 items on average and you’ve got 40 people your odds of getting decked out fucking suck unless you’re a main tank or something. Never mind the fact that some bosses (like Ony) feel way easier with 20 competent raiders than 30 competent people and 10 idiots.

It does blow my mind how bad some people still are at this game though. Seeing people aggro extra trash in MC, stand right near the whelp eggs on Ony so they get feared/tail swiped into them, etc. Every fight has like 2 mechanics and almost nobody has a very complex rotation that they need to focus on at this point but even that is too much for a lot of people.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Nobody cares about being productive. 80% of the loot in MC is garbage anyways. The only competitive thing you can possibly do as far as group content goes in classic is speedrunning, that's why people are doing it. Not to get loot, lol

either way I ain't doing that shit that's for sure. I want to play my character, not log off 4 hours before raid because someone popped ony buff in the middle of the day

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok seems like my guild is insane on the pots because we are probally going to be 25 manning it. And I'm the only rogue signed up, got fucktons of those spellcleave meta mages.

I think the guy who said 16 is fucking with me, so I brought the mats for 5.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Doing the content with smaller raids is way more productive than speed running. When most bosses drop like 2.5 items on average and you’ve got 40 people your odds of getting decked out fucking suck unless you’re a main tank or something. Never mind the fact that some bosses (like Ony) feel way easier with 20 competent raiders than 30 competent people and 10 idiots.

It does blow my mind how bad some people still are at this game though. Seeing people aggro extra trash in MC, stand right near the whelp eggs on Ony so they get feared/tail swiped into them, etc. Every fight has like 2 mechanics and almost nobody has a very complex rotation that they need to focus on at this point but even that is too much for a lot of people.

Some people are just fucking stupid. Here is one for you. Not wow related but Destiny2 just this week we go in and help a guy do a Destlny2 vanilla raid. The encounter he was stuck at is just basic player rotation. 2 teams of 3 2 sides, Think of 2 pads people stand on, then a third player gets buff from center area, runs to first player, then first player runs to center area, gets buff, runs to second player, rinse and repeat until dmg phase, not even vs boss but some stationary "lights" in the center room.

So this dude just could not get the mechanic of running to center, picking up the orb for the buff then running to player 1, then repeating the shit for 3 times. It took like 10 fucking wipes to this basic shit before this numnuts finally got it. He would stand on the plate, the 3rd player would run to him with he buff, then he would leave and go to the other side of the arena where the second 3 man were doing the same shit. While all the players are telling he fuck what to do over coms. /boggle

Now im not some master gamer here, I know im not, but fuck man, I can follow some basic instructions.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK the guild I joined was a total shitshow.

We don't need to have a 20 minute conversation before and after each boss. Man up and fucking lead the raid without the consent of your 3 buddies.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
quick question ive been trying out spellcleave in ZF the last few days on skeram and putting together groups was insanely hard and people stayed for 1-2 runs max, im thinking am i better off jus solo questing? or does the amount of exp i get out of ZF worth it and balances out?

between forming,having to reform etc feels like alot of wasted time

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
quick question ive been trying out spellcleave in ZF the last few days on skeram and putting together groups was insanely hard and people stayed for 1-2 runs max, im thinking am i better off jus solo questing? or does the amount of exp i get out of ZF worth it and balances out?

I couldn't get into the spell cleave groups personally. I tried a few times in ZF and it didn't seem worth the time/effort. Maybe if you are doing guild groups with competent people, but otherwise you are better off solo questing or doing full dungeon runs.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

It's always better to be getting exp rather than standing around LFM/LFG

Having said that, a good cleave group is stupidly good exp