World of Warcraft: Classic

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It is unfortunate (predictable, yet unfortunate) that a big part of the Classic experience has been watching every single thing gamed as absolutely hard as possible and then seeing the consequences when these very old systems are pushed to their limit.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw a bit back someone mentioned an addon popping up for loot where you click if it's like BIS / Upgrade / Offspec options or something and I've seen it on streams before I think, what Addon is that? Can imagine that would be pretty helpful for loot distro.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Omfg the ppl who split up to take garrison instead of going straight to the keep. Fucking Jerry's Kids.

mda-1.jpg

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea i'm about to go full on just queue em up idle in cave and do it again mode on AVs because zero chance we ever win one with all the stupidity going on atm. Hopefully we eventually get queue as a group option to avoid these.....people

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2019-12-13 20_36_56-WorldMap-AlteracValley.jpg (JPEG-Grafik, 1002 × 668 Pixel).png

I've had a couple of 3500+ honor wins so far and they all went like this.
1. almost everyone goes to Balindas bunker. Some people split of to pull all the officers that are reasonably close by.
2. Then the raid splits into a group of attackers that ride straight to Stormpike GY and cap that, while the defenders creep up behind the alliance and recap frostwolf GY and the towers. They then try to delay as long as possible. Best case scenario, Relief hut never finishes flipping and the alliance gets punted back all the way to Stonehearth GY. By the time the Alliance is back in Frostwolf keep, Vanndar is dead. Standard scenario defenders manage to delay long enough for the Alliance bunkers to burn, spawning additional marshals and Horde attackers win because of all the marshals and the defenders delaying.

If people defend from the start, the 40 alliance steamroll just over them, then they get split up and by the time they regroup to be relevant again, relief hut has flipped and the Alliance is already working on Drekthar with 30+ players.

Sure, those games take 15-20 minutes, but given we have a queue time of almost 10 minutes as Horde, we're talking about two wins per hour vs 3 losses per hour. And this will only increase in favor of winning the more Alliance burn out and quit over their 800 honor speed losses.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I won about half my AVs. (granted only did about a dozen) If horde goes defense they'll probably win because they have the more dedicated PvP players and a lot of alliance are just PvErs wanting faction rewards.

Defenders have to be smart or they'll be road kill. What I do is this: I trap the entrance then eagle eye to watch when alliance are near, then run back to the choke point near the smith and lay another trap as soon as they trigger the first one. Then I move to the smith NPC for cover and shoot at them and try to goad them into attacking me. If they take the bait, I run to the two NPCs near the smith (a troll and cow) that will aggro on them. This forces them to kill three (or more) NPCs they otherwise would not have. If they keep chasing me I run to the primalist. If they're really dumb they'll aggro the primalist and if they're mega stupid dumb they'll aggro her and run to their raid. I almost never die doing this even solo but I usually have to eat/bandage inside the cave to heal. (fucking warlocks)

Important to keep in mind that any kills you get at this early stage are a big win because you force them to spawn across the ENTIRE map, effectively taking them out of the fight for a very long time. They will often be injured from having rode past Tower Point and differing mount speeds will split them up so just having some ranged standing at the smith firing at them as they ride past can be quite successful at getting kills.

After that what you wanna do is attack them when they're dealing with warmasters. I like to run up the east tower and shoot from there when they do this because I can trap behind me and it forces them to run up there to get me, then I can drop down and flee if needed, wasting their time. Sometimes they don't even seem to know where they're being shot from or think it's NPC fire or whatever. (again, PvErs)

The Iceblood graveyard choke also has two elite NPCs to use as shields and nearby Tower Point is the one horde tower that actually causes significant arrow damage to them, (base tower archers are amazingly useless) so it's not a bad place to attack them from as well. Current meta is to not even bother getting this garaveyard so it's unlikely that they'll all dismount to overwhelm you.

Saving towers are of course also very important for warmasters

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Imagine not being exalted yet and having to care about winning or losing instead of just killing people and teabagging their bodies in the middle. ;]

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm something like four bars to 51 on my fuckaroo character and I'm expecting a toxic mess and afk reporting.

Should be fun!