World of Warcraft: Classic

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes, by a relatively small handful of guilds in comparison to the number of guilds attempting it. The point being that only six guilds worldwide beat my guild (and some of them did stuff like 100 man rosters and flask potting)

Sapph will wipe a lot of guilds and probably end some guilds

Your statement is incorrect considering everyone uploads their raid logs for everyone else to see.

And now the competitive aspect becomes who can speed run it
Did you do a l33t private server strategy on Sapphiron like wearing Frost Resistance Gear/Potions that nobody did when it was first released?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
haters_gonna_hate_pokemon.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The speedrunning community has a huge number of trannies and social rejects. Just saying.
It makes perfect sense when you realize no mentally sane person would put literally hundreds to thousands of hours into trying to figure out a trick or a shortcut to shave 1-2 seconds off of a "speedrun".

Its kind of sad when you think about it. Imagine how many new advancements we would see if these people put their energy into discovering a better way to treat cancer or build a better rocket. But nope, gotta figure out if its possible to make this jump on a 35 year old game. Idiocracy in action.

• 7Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Never forget, the people that care so much that they take time out of their day just to tell you no one cares.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My old guild has existed in some form or another pretty much since Vanilla, we were something like top 40 to kill KT 40 back then. The Classic version of the guild had trouble getting through Heigan night 1. Was interesting to listen to those who had played Wrath Naxx and never experienced getting teleported into the eyestalk room which for whatever reason they didn't keep from Naxx 40 to Wrath version. Also just struggles to do the dance in general.

Not surprised in the slightest guilds cleared it in one night, though. With enough prep can figure out how to beat Sapph without all the frozen rune frost resist, and have always noted the whole "need 8 tanks with 4/8 bonus for 4H" was a crutch. Crazy to hear stuff about raids stacking 8 fury warriors, though. We had at least 3 good ones back in the day. Everyone has probably been farming all the world buffs and mats they need for awhile. Good shit, though.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My old guild has existed in some form or another pretty much since Vanilla, we were something like top 40 to kill KT 40 back then. The Classic version of the guild had trouble getting through Heigan night 1. Was interesting to listen to those who had played Wrath Naxx and never experienced getting teleported into the eyestalk room which for whatever reason they didn't keep from Naxx 40 to Wrath version. Also just struggles to do the dance in general.

Not surprised in the slightest guilds cleared it in one night, though. With enough prep can figure out how to beat Sapph without all the frozen rune frost resist, and have always noted the whole "need 8 tanks with 4/8 bonus for 4H" was a crutch. Crazy to hear stuff about raids stacking 8 fury warriors, though. We had at least 3 good ones back in the day. Everyone has probably been farming all the world buffs and mats they need for awhile. Good shit, though.

We wiped on saphh until we brought in two more healers to take it to 14, crippled today's split raid but needed to be done.

And, we bring 2-3 rogues and probably 16 warriors for world first/speed runs. Top 9 in damage were all warriors. We had one Rogue who could compete with warriors, but he was an Officer and Raid Leader, got tired of the organisation and transferred to Salad Bakers as he just wanted to focus on his own DPS

The reason warriors are so strong that is because:

A) world buff meta, pointless getting full world buffs for every raid when you're still learning it and will likely wipe for a long time on most bosses

B) 1.12 talents

C) better knowledge in general, re specs, BIS items, etc

Last edited:

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
It makes perfect sense when you realize no mentally sane person would put literally hundreds to thousands of hours into trying to figure out a trick or a shortcut to shave 1-2 seconds off of a "speedrun".

Its kind of sad when you think about it. Imagine how many new advancements we would see if these people put their energy into discovering a better way to treat cancer or build a better rocket. But nope, gotta figure out if its possible to make this jump on a 35 year old game. Idiocracy in action.
I watched a video on Mario speed running on switch yesterday. People spend 16 hours learning to play the second controller with their feet so they can do some Cappy exploit to teleport.

Pretty much what I think about wow speed running.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched a video on Mario speed running on switch yesterday. People spend 16 hours learning to play the second controller with their feet so they can do some Cappy exploit to teleport.

Pretty much what I think about wow speed running.

Except wow speed running isn't remotely comparable

• 1Salty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The speedrunning community has a huge number of trannies and social rejects. Just saying.
More accurate to say the speedrunning community is full of autists, who are subject to all sorts of other issues.

But what I actually came here for was to ask if Blizzard has said anything about classic expansions? I had zero interest in replaying vanilla, but I would absolutely come back for WotLK and maybe TBC/Cata as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I would have thought TBC would come during period between the last SL patch and the next expansion to give people shit to do, but they just released Naxx within two weeks of the release of SL so they can't be that concerned about overlap.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing yet but I imagine if they announce something it'll be at their virtual Blizzcon which is in February?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Nothing yet but I imagine if they announce something it'll be at their virtual Blizzcon which is in February?
This is the most likely scenario. Blizzard has as usual been awful about any sort of communication but people are treating TBC as a forgone conclusion and they are probably correct because it's super easy phone it in money for Blizzard in that they can milk a few years of content out of TBC and Wrath with minimal effort, but then again when does current Blizzard do anything that would resemble basic common fucking sense.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rumors I saw online had TBC beta around March or April.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would think Classic numbers will play heavily in to their timetable. The stronger they hold the later 2021 they can push out TBC.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Virtual Blizzcon will be a flop just like that Diablo Mobile one was, and they'll announce nothing new.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I would have thought TBC would come during period between the last SL patch and the next expansion to give people shit to do, but they just released Naxx within two weeks of the release of SL so they can't be that concerned about overlap.
They did the same thing with the last BFA release; it came out same time as classic. Fucking retardd.

• 1Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Virtual Blizzcon will be a flop just like that Diablo Mobile one was, and they'll announce nothing new.
Yes. It's too early to announce WoW 10.x, there's no SC4 or anything else visible on the horizon. Some D3 schedule news, but nothing else. Classic BC is the only strong possibility I see for an announce.

There might be a surprise announce on something out of the left field, like "Warcraft 4!!!" (although I think all of the warcraft-related energies are consumed into WoW), but I doubt it.