World of Warcraft: Classic

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Regardless of what you play, TBC is free. Only the subscription costs you money. At most your talking $15/month for some serious hour wise gameplay from now until about November.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Resto shaman and chain heal rule. And bloodlust. Every group will want a shaman in a raid.

They're a hoot and certainly good. I just wish they healed a little better. Swapping from Shaman to Druid the Druid was just a goddamn healing machine. Tailoring/Alchemy Holy Priests and downranking Paladins also just go longer and harder. Basically I wish my really good class was better.

What I really want to know is if we'll get a pre-patch period where we can level up Draenai Shaman or Blood Elf Paladins to 60. That's going to decide for me what I play. I did the Shaman thing at launch once before and fuck playing catch up to that degree a second time. If I can get one in to shape ahead of time that's a completely different story.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Question - if you wanted to get into classic right now...is it dead or what? I'd be really fucking fresh. I played a month early on but stopped.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Whitemane is still hopping. Raids of all kinds going on at all hours of the day just about. Tons of people offering buff services, boosting services, etc. still plenty of groups doing standard dungeons.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Question - if you wanted to get into classic right now...is it dead or what? I'd be really fucking fresh. I played a month early on but stopped.
Yes classic is still healthy and booming. You can level and do all the things, you might have a difficult time trying to do lower non-60 dungeons the old fashion way because people are either boosting characters or already 60 but you can quest and do most things without issue. 60+ all the content is going strong as usual.

Again this depends on the server and I am talking about Whitemane which is one of the highest pop if not the highest pop NA server. (the other thing you could run into is because there are a fair number of bored jobless loser cunts you would probably run into some 60s 1 shotting lower characters)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I had more fun in TBC than I did in Classic, back in that age. But then, I didn't play a warrior in Classic, so...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I haven’t had any trouble finding people to quest and run dungeons with so far on Whitemane.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
FoH Guild still going strong on Whitemane too if you want a guild to chill with while levelling.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Warning on Warlock, it will make you want to neck yourself out of boredom in TBC if you're pushing deeps. Blood elf Paladin with busted Blessing of Sacrifice again sounds like a good time.
Well, that depends. Demo/Felguard is likely to be the actual highest DPS warlock spec in T4 and possibly even T5, but it requires a fair amount of minmax (swapping warrior into your group to battleshout, scrolls and food buffs for your pet stats, maybe even shaman swapping for melee totems, etc). Even as a destrolock you will need to keep a curse and immolate up while spamming either shadowbolt or incinerate, while also managing mana and threat and drums. There are also a fair amount of fights in TBC that involve AOE or multi dotting. Pretty much every dps role in TBC is more involved than it has been in Vanilla Classic.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They're a hoot and certainly good. I just wish they healed a little better. Swapping from Shaman to Druid the Druid was just a goddamn healing machine. Tailoring/Alchemy Holy Priests and downranking Paladins also just go longer and harder. Basically I wish my really good class was better.

What I really want to know is if we'll get a pre-patch period where we can level up Draenai Shaman or Blood Elf Paladins to 60. That's going to decide for me what I play. I did the Shaman thing at launch once before and fuck playing catch up to that degree a second time. If I can get one in to shape ahead of time that's a completely different story.
Earth shield too for resto shaman. I mained one in TBC and never felt under powered. Pallys can tank heal longer and priests could push more hps but with earth shield helping and chain heal I was still a raid healing machine.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Earth shield too for resto shaman. I mained one in TBC and never felt under powered. Pallys can tank heal longer and priests could push more hps but with earth shield helping and chain heal I was still a raid healing machine.
TBC is similar to Vanilla where shortening fights is the easiest way to cheese them. Stacking shamans for bloodlust does that far better than stacking pallies or priests.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warning on Warlock, it will make you want to neck yourself out of boredom in TBC if you're pushing deeps. Blood elf Paladin with busted Blessing of Sacrifice again sounds like a good time.
Is that different to spamming shadowbolt now?

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
FAQ out -

Will I be able to level up blood elf or draenei characters in advance?
Yes. Sometime before Burning Crusade Classic is released, the game client will be updated, and players who wish to level up a blood elf and draenei character up to level 60 can do so without restrictions.

I have never played WoW Classic but I'm interested in Burning Crusade Classic. How can I join my friends?
If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with your friends, we will offer an optional Level-58 Character Boost service closer to the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.
This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.

Can I keep my character in an Era realm and a Progression realm at the same time?
Yes. We’re introducing a new character ‘clone’ service. You may purchase this service only once per WoW character. Once you do, that hero will be allowed to venture forth into Burning Crusade Classic while their copy continues their original adventure on a Classic Era realm. Please note that it is not possible to unlock a single WoW Classic character across multiple Era realms in this way.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
IGN article - they will launch pre-nerf bosses:

For one, several bosses were bugfixed or nerfed in Burning Crusade, but players might be interested in trying their hand at fights in their far more challenging forms. For instance, Lady Vashj -- the final encounter in Serpentshrine Cavern -- was incredibly difficult to kill when she was first released, before a nerf made her more reasonable. But Blizzard will let her launch in her pre-nerf form so guilds that want a challenge can try their hand at that, before eventually bringing the nerf into effect.

The same goes for the M'uru fight in Sunwell, though Birmingham says that not everything about M'uru will be as it was when it was first released. M'uru received nerfs to both its health as well as a spell pushback ability that was devastating to guilds trying to kill it. The spell pushback ability difficulty will not be reinstated, but M'uru will release with its initial high health pool.

Another interesting change Birmingham specifics is to Paladins, which are present in Classic but were added to the Horde in Burning Crusade. When that happened, Horde Paladins were given an ability called Seal of Blood, while Alliance Paladins received Seal of Vengeance. The abilities, Birmingham said, were intended to be equal in power but distinct -- but that didn't quite pan out, as Seal of Blood was far more powerful. So with Burning Crusade Classic, both factions will learn the opposite faction's version of the Seal at level 70.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Pallies getting both seals at max level
BE + Draenai being available in the prepatch
One 58 boost for sale per account
Paid character copies if you want to have a dude on both TBC + Vanilla classic servers
Bug fixed but pre nerf raid bosses
5 content phases

Overall I think it's about as good as I could have hoped for. Should be fun.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The paladin fix makes me kinda want to play again. Any mention of when they will let us play with modern character graphics, still one of the most retarded decisions they made for classic

tarb

Trakanon Raider
WTB Dates
This was the only thing i was pissed about to be honest, no dates just "soon".
Did anyone else notice when Holly said she worked on EQ for 13 years she seemed almost ashamed and immediately talked about how she was always a wow player, i was like uh-huh sure.

• 1Like