World of Warcraft: Classic

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The paladin fix makes me kinda want to play again. Any mention of when they will let us play with modern character graphics, still one of the most retarded decisions they made for classic

Fuck your modern graphics. They bring that shit in, I quit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The same goes for the M'uru fight in Sunwell, though Birmingham says that not everything about M'uru will be as it was when it was first released. M'uru received nerfs to both its health as well as a spell pushback ability that was devastating to guilds trying to kill it. The spell pushback ability difficulty will not be reinstated, but M'uru will release with its initial high health pool.

M'uru was a guild destroyer. In their original form they were insanely overtuned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IGN article - they will launch pre-nerf bosses:

For one, several bosses were bugfixed or nerfed in Burning Crusade, but players might be interested in trying their hand at fights in their far more challenging forms. For instance, Lady Vashj -- the final encounter in Serpentshrine Cavern -- was incredibly difficult to kill when she was first released, before a nerf made her more reasonable. But Blizzard will let her launch in her pre-nerf form so guilds that want a challenge can try their hand at that, before eventually bringing the nerf into effect.

The same goes for the M'uru fight in Sunwell, though Birmingham says that not everything about M'uru will be as it was when it was first released. M'uru received nerfs to both its health as well as a spell pushback ability that was devastating to guilds trying to kill it. The spell pushback ability difficulty will not be reinstated, but M'uru will release with its initial high health pool.

Another interesting change Birmingham specifics is to Paladins, which are present in Classic but were added to the Horde in Burning Crusade. When that happened, Horde Paladins were given an ability called Seal of Blood, while Alliance Paladins received Seal of Vengeance. The abilities, Birmingham said, were intended to be equal in power but distinct -- but that didn't quite pan out, as Seal of Blood was far more powerful. So with Burning Crusade Classic, both factions will learn the opposite faction's version of the Seal at level 70.
Muru was a fucking cunt even with the nerfs, wasn't it? Or did it get nerfed again later on after I quit after spending 7 weeks on that cunt?

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
IIRC there was an initial nerf to M'uru specifically then Blizzard did a nerf to all Sunwell bosses after that, so M'uru got double nerfed essentially.

Think the OG FoH WoW guild took us around 400 attempts pre nerf but hey we got it!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Muru killed my guild, we transferred servers, transferred off Gurubashi (aka Huehuebashi) merged with another guild on Dragonmaw, killed it two weeks later after like 50 more attempts, pulled KJ like 4 times then said fuck it and all quit.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I really like the idea of classic as a casual and got really excited about the Burning Crusade news. Made it to 39 when Blizzard introduced classic this last time. I won't surprise myself if I only play for a little while, but I think it's cool that they are introducing it at least.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did anyone else notice when Holly said she worked on EQ for 13 years she seemed almost ashamed and immediately talked about how she was always a wow player, i was like uh-huh sure.

I chuckled as she said classic servers are being rebranded as progression servers. Wonder what phase krono and 40 slot bags are in.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
TBC Dev Q&A on Metagoblin's channel just confirmed that they are going to have a nerf to LW drums. They say they don't like guilds feeling obligated to run so many leatherworkers, so I'm betting they introduce the WotLK tinnitus debuff and you only want 1 LW per group. Overall probably a positive for guilds so people don't feel locked into 1 mediocre tradeskill for the whole expansion.

• 1Barf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
As a warrior I just remember warlocks being unkillable as well as resto shaman. Would take 3 people to kill a shaman.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
As a warrior I just remember warlocks being unkillable as well as resto shaman. Would take 3 people to kill a shaman.
As a shaman I dont remember this. As a resto druid I felt fairly unkillable though.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
No new fresh servers for TBC on launch :(
This is one thing I feel like they should change, even though I have no intention of rolling on one myself. Based on the ~10 various private vanilla or tbc servers I've rolled on in the last decade, fresh servers are absolutely a blast and I know there are literally thousands of classic players who feel ill prepared for TBC and think they'd be able to roll on a fresh server and be more likely to get a raid spot, make money on tradeskills, etc. It would also probably peel some people off the current mega servers which would be a blessing. Really no reason at all not to IMO.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm another one that was hoping for even just a few fresh servers for pre-patch. The boosted 58 seems to be Blizzard's answer for this by "allowing" you to catch up that way.

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
Its been so long since i remember BC. Trying to remember how the class balance was back then. I was hardcore into raiding back in wotlk but just cant for the life of me remember what classes were like in BC. Id like to level something up for BC but dont have unlimited time to play like back in the day. Any input on classes that wont be a pita for groups and stuff at end game? I mained a rogue back in lich.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hunters and warlocks are the FotM in TBC. Melee have a tougher time in general due to more punishing mechanics (shitty 360 cleaves and the like).

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Hunters and warlocks are the FotM in TBC. Melee have a tougher time in general due to more punishing mechanics (shitty 360 cleaves and the like).
Also shaman. 1 shaman per group in 25 man raids is the default, typically that's 1 Ele, 1 Enh, 3 Resto per raid.

There will be plenty of guilds that still run several mages, warriors, or rogues despite them not being the meta classes and do just fine. Although since we're supposedly getting pre-nerf bosses the safe bet is shaman, warlock, or hunter if you want an easy raid spot.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm another one that was hoping for even just a few fresh servers for pre-patch. The boosted 58 seems to be Blizzard's answer for this by "allowing" you to catch up that way.

You don't really need that either, given you'll have a week or two to start a BE before outland becomes available. That should be plenty of time of hitting 60 first, assuming the exp reduction is already in by then.

I'd prefer a fresh server simply because of the massive inflation getting carried over into TBC. 60g for 20 plaguebloom is gonna become 100g for 20 of something else.

• 1Like