World of Warcraft: Classic

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I gave in and am playing with IRL friends on Mankrik. Healthy enough pop. We’ll see. I’m halfway to 70 on a DK and yeah the nostalgia burns hot and fast. Might roll a Paladin too.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gave in and am playing with IRL friends on Mankrik. Healthy enough pop. We’ll see. I’m halfway to 70 on a DK and yeah the nostalgia burns hot and fast. Might roll a Paladin too.
I feel like people are going to ruin their fun playing these classes, literally the only pop statistics I've seen have my server at 25% paladin.

There's no way all these people find homes and end up leveling another class without the bonus xp and quitting because it's so much slower.

Be careful out there.

Caeden

I feel like people are going to ruin their fun playing these classes, literally the only pop statistics I've seen have my server at 25% paladin.

There's no way all these people find homes and end up leveling another class without the bonus xp and quitting because it's so much slower.

Be careful out there.
DK, Pally, and lock are all I cared to play. And I was specifically tempted by the chance to play a DK in wrath again. If I don’t find a home, I’ll just wrap it up. I really don’t have a desire to raid hardmodes and heroic I’m finding. I’d be content with just killing Lich king on 25N. But typically those that can do that, can do some heroic stuff.

Id rather play what I find fun than have a guild dictate to me. That’s how it goes when you hit 43 years old and don’t care enough about being scolded by a 25 year old that couldn’t wipe his ass when I cleared it originally.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Made a DK on Mankrik's wife as well with RL friends, and having a ton of fun gearing up in BGs, look up Dreadicated!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
DK, Pally, and lock are all I cared to play. And I was specifically tempted by the chance to play a DK in wrath again. If I don’t find a home, I’ll just wrap it up. I really don’t have a desire to raid hardmodes and heroic I’m finding. I’d be content with just killing Lich king on 25N. But typically those that can do that, can do some heroic stuff.

Id rather play what I find fun than have a guild dictate to me. That’s how it goes when you hit 43 years old and don’t care enough about being scolded by a 25 year old that couldn’t wipe his ass when I cleared it originally.

You do you man.

If you remember the screenshots of classic speedruns consisting of 90% fury wars in the raid, it feels like it's going to be a sea of pink in wrath.

Like right now I'm finding a severe lack of shamans on alliance.

You can stack ret paladins all day and it doesn't really matter, gear might be an issue but that's the life people are choosing. There's only so many tank slots though and just a word of caution for those who actually want to raid, maybe picking something else besides dk and pally might be a better experience for you.

Especially if you consider yourself inexperienced or subpar at these classes and/or content you might find yourself extremely replaceable and that never feels good.

It's the same thing as rolling monk on the EQ TLPs. You can stack em up all day and obliterate content but we don't need 20 monks pulling and good fucking luck winning desirable monk loot.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Got a level 10 alliance named Treerunner on maladeth.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You do you man.

If you remember the screenshots of classic speedruns consisting of 90% fury wars in the raid, it feels like it's going to be a sea of pink in wrath.

You can stack ret paladins all day and it doesn't really matter, gear might be an issue but that's the life people are choosing. There's only so many tank slots though and just a word of caution for those who actually want to raid, maybe picking something else besides dk and pally might be a better experience for you.

Especially if you consider yourself inexperienced or subpar at these classes and/or content you might find yourself extremely replaceable and that never feels good.

It's the same thing as rolling monk on the EQ TLPs. You can stack em up all day and obliterate content but we don't need 20 monks pulling and good fucking luck winning desirable monk loot.
Shaman changes made them way less desirable for raids is why.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A few of you make me tempted to play this a bit, thankfully everyone is all over the place making it much easier to not give bliz any money.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
having an honor cap fucking blows, plus not being able to buy the 70 gear till I hit 70

• 1Like

Caeden

You do you man.

I sorta get what you're saying, but then I don't. Plus, I played pally and DK for fucking 10 years. I'm sure I can figure it out, though I don't think that was directed at me per se. That said, I don't get how picking a class you absolutely do not want to main makes it a better experience. That makes me want to quit.

But I didn't pay attention to classic speed runs at all. I probably won't here either. I've already rolled my eyes as I guild shop at the number of people taking 15 year old content so seriously. These people are late. So late. Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely be professional in a guild. I'd have my tradeskills maxed, first aid maxed, and I'd show up with flasks and shit nightly. But I won't roll fucking 3 tanks to do splits for someone as a mandatory need nor will I go through the absolute pain of maintaing JC/Eng again. I'm treating this server like a D3 season because there's no fucking way I'll roll up on Cata.

I have a small regret not playing Classic vanilla...and maybe TBC. Wrath though just holds a soft spot for me.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Cata is like the george lucas prequels. Cringe and shit at the time but in hindsight so much better than what came after. The horible pun zone of uldum was even their version of Jar Jar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Cata is like the george lucas prequels. Cringe and shit at the time but in hindsight so much better than what came after. The horible pun zone of uldum was even their version of Jar Jar.
I might have enjoyed Cata more than classic -> wotlk. Probably more due to the people I was playing with at the time rather than expac quality though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I sorta get what you're saying, but then I don't. Plus, I played pally and DK for fucking 10 years. I'm sure I can figure it out, though I don't think that was directed at me per se. That said, I don't get how picking a class you absolutely do not want to main makes it a better experience. That makes me want to quit.

But I didn't pay attention to classic speed runs at all. I probably won't here either. I've already rolled my eyes as I guild shop at the number of people taking 15 year old content so seriously. These people are late. So late. Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely be professional in a guild. I'd have my tradeskills maxed, first aid maxed, and I'd show up with flasks and shit nightly. But I won't roll fucking 3 tanks to do splits for someone as a mandatory need nor will I go through the absolute pain of maintaing JC/Eng again. I'm treating this server like a D3 season because there's no fucking way I'll roll up on Cata.

I have a small regret not playing Classic vanilla...and maybe TBC. Wrath though just holds a soft spot for me.

It's more directed at the meta chasers, the fury wars that rolled locks in tbc are now rolling paladin in wotlk.

In the end it's their sub, they can play whatever they want, it's just kind of silly to me, when I want to play something I like to feel like I'm bringing something to the table that is in short supply or playing something difficult that has a lot of responsibility.

I chose a prot warrior that arguably is the worst of the tanks in wotlk but is totally doable for all content. If anything just to have a reliable tank available so we don't ever have an issue with our ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ prot pally burn out before naxx even gets released.

• 1Like

Caeden

It's more directed at the meta chasers, the fury wars that rolled locks in tbc are now rolling paladin in wotlk.

In the end it's their sub, they can play whatever they want, it's just kind of silly to me, when I want to play something I like to feel like I'm bringing something to the table that is in short supply or playing something difficult that has a lot of responsibility.

I chose a prot warrior that arguably is the worst of the tanks in wotlk but is totally doable for all content. If anything just to have a reliable tank available so we don't ever have an issue with our ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ prot pally burn out before naxx even gets released.
Yeah...I see what you mean and I actually agree. I always said WOTLK might get me back to play a DK because I absolutely loved it then, but I also loved the peeps I played with and even though some are here...its not enough so far.

I was this close a month ago to trying to pull up a prot pally on a server. I'm pretty sure I cleared all the content in Wrath tanking side by side with a prot warrior though. She was actually really good.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh hey, shouldnt be a problem logging in at 10pm on a Sunday, right?

1662354386506.png

• 1Worf

Caeden

I'm going to admit, questing through TBC...this game is far superior to FF14. There I said it. Paging the patron saint. The openness. Combat. Atmosphere. All superior. If someone upgraded TBC to modern graphic fidelity while keeping the general art style...holy shit. I hope Riot is paying attention.

I could probably roll different classes and play Vanilla-WOTLK in perpetuity. I don't know what that says about me....This is the first time I've stopped thinking about Elden Ring while playing a different game.