World of Warcraft: Classic

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Am I making a mistake by playing druid? How bad are they in WotLK?

I've only dipped my toes in so far. Level 15ish I think.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Druids are pretty decent in wotlk. Feral at one point is top DPS as well, but rotation is by far the most confusing of any spec. One of the top healers and tanks as well. Then balance is just solid the whole xpac.

I always just set up my UI while semi afking in AV. Basically get xp/honor while doing it. Best of both worlds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Am I making a mistake by playing druid? How bad are they in WotLK?

I've only dipped my toes in so far. Level 15ish I think.

Druids are a solid class, for healing UI and macros make the biggest difference in enjoyment. Once you get some decent shift and mouse overs it can be a really fun class, really all healers are solid but require the most set up in my opinion to get the most out of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was only bitching about the UI. I think Weak Auras .. or ElvUI? Has a string for Vuhdo without having to use the Vuhdo addon. Just plopping Vuhdo down on top of the base UI looks like garbage.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Druids are a solid class, for healing UI and macros make the biggest difference in enjoyment. Once you get some decent shift and mouse overs it can be a really fun class, really all healers are solid but require the most set up in my opinion to get the most out of them.

Have pretty much always used ElvUI and just macros. Have some still saved from original classic. Will adapt those once I level a bit. They kinda self-activate as I level. Will need to update with some balance and healing macros for druid.

macros-cache.txt for what i had so far

Code:
VER 3 000000000100000F "AoE" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Power Infusion
/cast [mod:shift] Holy Nova
/cast Psychic Scream
END
VER 3 0000000001000005 "Big" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Greater Heal
END
VER 3 000000000100000C "Burn" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Mana Burn
END
VER 3 0000000001000008 "Cure" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Abolish Disease
END
VER 3 0000000001000006 "Dis" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] dispel magic; [harm, nodead] [exists,nodead][@player] dispel magic
END
VER 3 0000000001000009 "DoT" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/castsequence [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] reset=5/target/combat Shadow Word: Pain(Rank 8), Devouring Plague(Rank 6)
END
VER 3 0000000001000007 "Fast" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Flash Heal
END
VER 3 000000000100000B "Heal" "136222"
/swapactionbar 1 2
END
VER 3 0000000001000003 "HoT" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [nostance,help, nodead,@mouseover][nostance,help,exists,nodead][nostance,@player] Renew;[stance,harm,nodead][stance,exists,nodead][] Vampiric Embrace
END
VER 3 000000000100000D "Nuke" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/castsequence [stance,nochanneling] reset=6 Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castsequence [nostance] reset=combat Holy Fire(Rank 8), Smite(Rank 8), Smite(Rank 8), Smite(Rank 8), Smite(Rank 8)
/stopmacro
/use Mind Flay
END
VER 3 0000000001000004 "PW:S" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Power Word: Shield
END
VER 3 000000000100000E "Shkl" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Shackle Undead
END
VER 3 0000000001000002 "Weak" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=6 Touch of Weakness(Rank 6), Inner Fire(Rank 6)
END

Code:
VER 3 0000000001000009 "Bear" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip Bear Form
/stand
/dismount
/cancelform [noform:1]
/cast Dire Bear Form
/cast Bear Form
END
VER 3 0000000001000004 "Big" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast [help, nodead,@mouseover][help,exists,nodead][@player] Healing Touch
END
VER 3 0000000001000007 "Cat" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip Prowl
/dismount
/cancelform [noform:3]
/cast [noform:3] Cat Form
/cast Prowl
END
VER 3 000000000100000A "Claw" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Claw
END
VER 3 0000000001000005 "Cure" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast [help, nodead,@mouseover][help,exists,nodead][@player] Abolish Poison
END
VER 3 0000000001000006 "FF" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cast [noform] Faerie Fire
/cast [form:1] Enrage
/cast [form:3] Tiger's Fury
END
VER 3 0000000001000001 "Heal" "136116"
/swapactionbar 1 6
END
VER 3 0000000001000003 "HHoT" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast [help, nodead,@mouseover][help,exists,nodead][@player] Regrowth
END
VER 3 0000000001000002 "HoT" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast [help, nodead,@mouseover][help,exists,nodead][@player] Rejuvenation
END
VER 3 0000000001000008 "Maul" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip Maul
/startattack
/cast Feral Charge
/cast Maul
END
VER 3 000000000100000D "Mount" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/cancelform [nostance:0,mod:shift]
/stopmacro [mod:shift]
/cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [indoors] !Cat Form; !Cat Form
END
VER 3 000000000100000B "Shred" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Shred
END
VER 3 000000000100000C "Stomp" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
# show War Stomp
/cancelaura [stance:1] Dire Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form <or Tree of Life>
/castsequence [target=player] reset=120/combat War Stomp, Regrowth, Rejuvenation
END

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Leveling the DK was super fun, and had a great time "chonking bitches" in AV as Daidraco Daidraco would say. DW Frost is fun as fuck even without the proper hit rating to really see it shine. Blood is fucking invincible it feels in PvE and PvP with all the healing and pre-patch talents.

I was going to go Druid, and just get gear for all the specs and call it my 1 Wrath character but it never works that way and no idea what to do now. Healing is fun but it gets tiring dealing with the dumbs. I'm not one to go "apply" to guilds and show logs and shit, and there are no guilds with the homies on Mankrik. Re-roll Westfall? Ditch my homies that are all gonna be spread around anyway? Maybe that's the smart play.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Leveling the DK was super fun, and had a great time "chonking bitches" in AV as Daidraco Daidraco would say. DW Frost is fun as fuck even without the proper hit rating to really see it shine. Blood is fucking invincible it feels in PvE and PvP with all the healing and pre-patch talents.

I was going to go Druid, and just get gear for all the specs and call it my 1 Wrath character but it never works that way and no idea what to do now. Healing is fun but it gets tiring dealing with the dumbs. I'm not one to go "apply" to guilds and show logs and shit, and there are no guilds with the homies on Mankrik. Re-roll Westfall? Ditch my homies that are all gonna be spread around anyway? Maybe that's the smart play.
I could maybe get you in mine. But I can tell I’m not meshing well and almost might consider re-rolling too.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Loving the DK so far except why do all of the attacks sound so fucking gay. Its like they were going for "the sound of frozen wind blowing across an icicle" or some shit but they literally all sound like loose farts.

I guess some people dont even play with sound but i do and sound is one of the feedbacks for me to know the attack went through and its just not satisfying or reliable so i feel like i gotta stare at the hotbar

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LMAO, even with a 50%+ exp boost, boost-cube still fails at the game

lmao boost-cube!

Meanwhile, I've never played TBC before and have both my chars at level 70

OK_thumb.jpg

Crone

I could maybe get you in mine. But I can tell I’m not meshing well and almost might consider re-rolling too.
What's the guild name?

The other problem I have is that I continue to make characters on servers tagged East Coast. I'm on the West coast, so this makes no sense but I gotta go where people I know play, right?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I LOVE DKs. I've sold nearly 1k worth of Raise Dead glyphs alone. They sell so fast I can't keep them stocked on the AH.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the guild name?

The other problem I have is that I continue to make characters on servers tagged East Coast. I'm on the West coast, so this makes no sense but I gotta go where people I know play, right?
( Caeden Caeden also) The guild that Cupcaek Cupcaek got us involved with is called "Relentless Insomnia" on Westfall - Alliance. Like BoozeCube BoozeCube said, its a bit of an edgelord name but Idc.

Some of you guys are asking me for an invite and Ill help get you one, but keep in mind Im not an officer or anything. Cupcaek knows these guys a lot better than I do, so he can get you in quickly. More than enough people in this guild and most of us sound like we have at minimum 2 characters to do a main run and a GDKP run. So dont feel stressed about raiding if you do join up. If you join and cant find the Discord information, just hit me up on Discord. Daidraco#2558

Crone

( Caeden Caeden also) The guild that Cupcaek Cupcaek got us involved with is called "Relentless Insomnia" on Westfall - Alliance. Like BoozeCube BoozeCube said, its a bit of an edgelord name but Idc.

Some of you guys are asking me for an invite and Ill help get you one, but keep in mind Im not an officer or anything. Cupcaek knows these guys a lot better than I do, so he can get you in quickly. More than enough people in this guild and most of us sound like we have at minimum 2 characters to do a main run and a GDKP run. So dont feel stressed about raiding if you do join up. If you join and cant find the Discord information, just hit me up on Discord. Daidraco#2558
Probably all EST times? I'm looking now to see if Mankrik has any later night raiders. It's a US East server but maybe there's a bunch of late-night degenerates I can tag along with.

Caeden

Probably all EST times? I'm looking now to see if Mankrik has any later night raiders. It's a US East server but maybe there's a bunch of late-night degenerates I can tag along with.
I joined Miami Cola, but they may have misrepresented their skill level by a large amount. I know they're clearing sunwell right now and running some gdkps and a host are not playing at all waiting on the xpac, but I after chatting with people more it doesn't sound like they cleared all of sunwell when it was "current' in classic. That's kinda bad to me compared to what I'm used to. They're east coast though...8:30 to 10:30pm EST times I think. I doubt I last. They seem cliquey and underskilled.

There's a few really good late night guilds though. I just can't do their times and I'm not doing double crafting which seems to be required by the try hards now. We'll see. They have two teams built but team B will lag I think since its the alt team. I coudl easily see myself flaming out after Naxx if they don't mop the floor. I have zero desire to pull 15-20 competent raiders with 5 idiots through firefighter again. I'm not even sure if I care enough to relearn that or Yogg zero. Or watching fucktard hunter shooting lich king as top dps rogue gets valkyrie'd off the fucking side.

Caeden

also, of the 5 IRL people I convinced to play/convinced me to play....I'm the only one left. Funny how that fucking works. My own fault for jerking off incessantly about how great the xpac was back then and how much I loved playing the first iteration of DKs

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard

Does Path of Frost still kill your group if you high jump into water? I did that once. :eek:

• 1Like

Crone

There's a few really good late night guilds though.
What ones? I'm talking like west coast times... 7-9pm PST start times.

I guess logging in and seeing who's recruiting at this hour is helpful. <Donkey Brains> is a terrible name, but they have decent logs and had cleared everything pre-nerf. They raid 12-3am EST. That's pretty good. Although with all the GDKPs maybe I just need to go super casual and raid those making some golds.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't worry about it until wotlk actually starts, in the meantime, roll up another character on the server you're thinking about jumping to and level whenever you feel like it.

I can tell you this though, there's no satisfaction in beating content you've already done before, a good guild just makes it faster, like a job.

Make a friend or two and enjoy the company and it won't matter how slow the content is.

Bullshitting in discord and having some laughs is what this is all about.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users