World of Warcraft: Classic

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You actually believe that?
The guy never said he was being lead on or had some deeper relationship with the woman. Thats the biggest thing that makes her side believable.

And have you ever known a man to randomly blurt out he cant continue to do X unless a woman he superficially knows marries him and not be crazy? Thats literally the jist of his of what he said in a public discord server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Social media makes it crazy easy for creeps to creep. All they need is a first name and a general area and they will put in the time to find you.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The web one in the spider places is exhausting. And the sanguine 2.0 in the troll places is ‘hilarious’ when the boss full heals through dropping a pool as it channels some party wide damage spell.

• 1Double Worf

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
I honestly just keep backpedaling slowly when I tank the zul’drak dungeons, works pretty reliably.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The heroic plus dungeons have all been "solved" ie skip as much as possible and cheese whatever mechanics you can.

Halls of stone, the bran event, is the only one that can be challenging for an undergeared team. Everything else is steamrolled.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mentioned I started a guild, and it’s actually starting to come together single handedly because of our core 10 man team clearing all hard modes. 1 light yogg. Last night we had our first hour progressing on Algalon.
Literally the day after posting this my officers came to me and said there's another guild that's looking to people and what do you think about merging with them? Lol. This other guild has been around since Wrath's start, but hasn't done much through Phase 1, and is starting to get serious about raiding for Phase 2 but like most is missing a few spots to have a solid roster. I've pugged so much that I'm not sure about the idea of a concrete roster. I guess I don't like the idea of benching people, but is what it is.

If it means we can start getting solid 25m raids in, then I'm down.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The heroic plus dungeons have all been "solved" ie skip as much as possible and cheese whatever mechanics you can.

Halls of stone, the bran event, is the only one that can be challenging for an undergeared team. Everything else is steamrolled.

HOS was my first H+ after coming back to wow recently. We had 2 undergeared DPS and kept wiping during the Bran event. I thought I was just bad at healing but they were parsing terribly. Brought in a geared Fire Mage to swap out with one of them and cleared the rest fine.

The ice mechanic in UK/UP took me by surprise because it can tick hard lol. But other than that, easy peasy.

Web mechanic wasn't too bad, I saved my Shadow Word: Death for those or used Holy Nova.

I'd say thus far then ice mechanic presented the most challenge, especially if someone got stunned into it, or I get stunned into it, and the tanks is dropping HP simultaneously.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Literally the day after posting this my officers came to me and said there's another guild that's looking to people and what do you think about merging with them? Lol. This other guild has been around since Wrath's start, but hasn't done much through Phase 1, and is starting to get serious about raiding for Phase 2 but like most is missing a few spots to have a solid roster. I've pugged so much that I'm not sure about the idea of a concrete roster. I guess I don't like the idea of benching people, but is what it is.

99% of the timing merging turns out badly. There are always a handful of shitcocks who want it to run the way their old failed guild ran. Be cautious of that shit. You don't just get their membership you also inherit their drama and gayness, if might not match your brand of gayness.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Fuck mergers. I've only ever seen a merger work a single time in close to 25 years worth of elf simming. You counteroffer that they're all welcome to join your guild. Small concessions can be made for a leadership position or two and allowances made for DKP or whatever the hell system you use but they're joining you.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Fuck mergers. I've only ever seen a merger work a single time in close to 25 years worth of elf simming. You counteroffer that they're all welcome to join your guild. Small concessions can be made for a leadership position or two and allowances made for DKP or whatever the hell system you use but they're joining you.

Yeah it makes things ugly. Merging can definitely alienate the non "in-crowd" depending on how many are being absorbed, which can cause more drama than its worth. If the guild has massive raid attendance issues, then it would be worth absorbing though.

It's probably easier in this day and age to keep the guilds separate and allow X amount of slots in the raid signups in the guild discord. I know there are sister and brother guilds out there that exist in this manner. That way guild drama can stay where it is and not infect the bigger guild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
HOS was my first H+ after coming back to wow recently. We had 2 undergeared DPS and kept wiping during the Bran event. I thought I was just bad at healing but they were parsing terribly. Brought in a geared Fire Mage to swap out with one of them and cleared the rest fine.

The ice mechanic in UK/UP took me by surprise because it can tick hard lol. But other than that, easy peasy.

Web mechanic wasn't too bad, I saved my Shadow Word: Death for those or used Holy Nova.

I'd say thus far then ice mechanic presented the most challenge, especially if someone got stunned into it, or I get stunned into it, and the tanks is dropping HP simultaneously.
Yep its basically a dps check because the titan rune grants +90% health and if you arent clearing them fast enough, the mobs can overwhelm you, and enough of them hitting you stacks the +dmg taken debuff to the point that healer mana becomes an issue. Ive had several groups wipe here but still win because the last survivor outlasted the timer.

UK/UP, DTK/GUN are entirely on your tank moving/positioning the mobs, as long as dps dont stand still they can be mongoloids and still win.
VH/NEX/OCC is entirely on rdps to have a /target mirror macro to kill images instantly before they start casting.
Webs, you just need to stack and aoe, totem/nova/whatever.

COS is a complete joke its not even worth considering.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yep its basically a dps check because the titan rune grants +90% health and if you arent clearing them fast enough, the mobs can overwhelm you, and enough of them hitting you stacks the +dmg taken debuff to the point that healer mana becomes an issue. Ive had several groups wipe here but still win because the last survivor outlasted the timer.

UK/UP, DTK/GUN are entirely on your tank moving/positioning the mobs, as long as dps dont stand still they can be mongoloids and still win.
VH/NEX/OCC is entirely on rdps to have a /target mirror macro to kill images instantly before they start casting.
Webs, you just need to stack and aoe, totem/nova/whatever.

COS is a complete joke its not even worth considering.

Oh yeah I tried out COS and got nervous I wouldn't be able to heal it but it went perfect and still hit the timer. The plague mechanic is a joke, lol you're right. The mobs do hit hard though.

Haven't dealt with the mirror thing yet, sounds super gay lol.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Welp. I’m done. My guild is apparently disbanding. I’m not super privy to the drama and I’ve been attending Hogwarts since last reset. Honestly, MMO’s for me have to build some connectedness to the character. The time investment is pretty considerable vs arpg even for a casual fest like wrath. Classic feels too temporary and the company really sucks. And I just can’t be assed to look for another guild. Xpac is all downhill from here anyway.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is there a resilience cap in WOTLK? Some things I'm seeing say 1230?

I have no resilience weapons, but every other slot filled with honor / Wintergrasp trinket gear and it's at 1130. The neckbeard 2200 arena rating weapons and gear should be worth more than 100, but I haven't done the math.

I really dislike having to farm out a 2nd stat when I want to play another facet of the game, and I remember all the MMOs seemed to copy this with another name (Resilience for PvP, Hit for raiding). Just let me stack good gear and hit high numbers :p

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good points.
Welp. I’m done. My guild is apparently disbanding. I’m not super privy to the drama and I’ve been attending Hogwarts since last reset. Honestly, MMO’s for me have to build some connectedness to the character. The time investment is pretty considerable vs arpg even for a casual fest like wrath. Classic feels too temporary and the company really sucks. And I just can’t be assed to look for another guild. Xpac is all downhill from here anyway.
If you weren't an old fuck that went to bed at 8pm, I'd say join up with us. Raid Thursdays 9pm Server.