World of Warcraft: Classic

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
When is this dogshit coming out? They should have announced it already
Its taking a long time because blizz is focused on important things like making sure the lag is true to the classic experience. I swear everyone who works at that company is autistic.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"Summer 2019", but if they want to be authentic they should release on November 24th and have most of the servers down for a few day, with the ones up having queues, disconnects, loot lag, missing talents, and broken quests.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldn't November 23rd, the 25th anniversary of the release of warcraft for ms-dos, be the best time to release wow classic. Also, i better bend down to pick something up and get stuck like that for a few hours, then it would be classic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously you release the WoW Classic Beta Classic Server Classic in July, leading up to the actual launch in November.

Implement Hunters right before switching to normal classic.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Obviously you release the WoW Classic Beta Classic Server Classic in July, leading up to the actual launch in November.

Of course, I forgot about the open beta they had in august 2004. That open beta killed EQ for me, wow was so impressive compared to EQ. And it didn't make your hardware look like dogshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Of course, I forgot about the open beta they had in august 2004. That open beta killed EQ for me, wow was so impressive compared to EQ. And it didn't make your hardware look like dogshit.
I have strong memories of beta. Playing an undead and being mesmerized by their starting area and music... Then leveling a night elf hunter, getting fucked both on missing the entire talent tree, and the quest to get a pet didn't actually give you the skill to tame anything, so my level 10 hunter never got talents, nor could he tame a pet. Was a pretty trash experience having to melee most things...

Cybsled

Its taking a long time because blizz is focused on important things like making sure the lag is true to the classic experience. I swear everyone who works at that company is autistic.

I tried to find that old parody stop-motion gif where the kid loots something and is in perma-crouch forever. Google links I found are all dead (just like the classic servers after a month lul)

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have strong memories of beta. Playing an undead and being mesmerized by their starting area and music... Then leveling a night elf hunter, getting fucked both on missing the entire talent tree, and the quest to get a pet didn't actually give you the skill to tame anything, so my level 10 hunter never got talents, nor could he tame a pet. Was a pretty trash experience having to melee most things...

I played a undead female warrior, they had an amazing unarmed attack animation. I got to lvl 26.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

6 phases as well. High Warlord garbage sounds like it will be in.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
World PvP pre-bgs was more fun anyway.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow, they actually phased that how I wanted. Remains to be seen how they space those out though.

tower

Phase 1: nothing.

Why is this even a phase?

Having the honor system in while people level would change how that operates, although IMO it would be fine. Really the only thing that needed to be pulled out of phase 1 is Dire Maul and the Blasted Lands consumable quests (I'm guessing the consumable quests will still be in but at least the OP DM items wont). Kazzak had some strong items so I would've been fine with him out too, but I'm a little disappointed they didnt at least leave Azuregos in for some mark of frost world pvp at release. I'm guessing P1 won't be more than a month long

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah, you are expected to grind, not have fun for the first month basically. HIllsbrad got alot more fun with hks.

EDIT: the leveling was my least favorite part of launch. Maybe because I was a priest.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Phase 1: nothing.

Why is this even a phase?

Because this was how the game was designed and should have remained forever. Kill people because you feel like it, not because you needed to be logged in 24/7 trading info for rewards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Binks

It's a design issue. I loved UO's PVP for the randomness/rewards/consequences perspective. WoW's world PVP was pretty derpy, but I can understand the desire for random pvp. I can understand PVP from the point of trying to make it a faction-based/collective war element. I can understand PVP from a BG perspective. WoW from original to WoLK didn't seem to have this well-addressed. People would queue for BGs and derp around looking for random/derpy encounters while not working toward the objective, which put the more competent/instrumental players at a disadvantage.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Flightpoints are going to be a mountain of bones in phase 2 :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user