World of Warcraft: Classic

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What "danger"?

When was the last time you actually played a PVP onlinegame where you had to work for having stuff, and lost said stuff upon PVP defeat?
classic WoW PVP is the ultimate carebear PVP game. You risk absolutely nothing, no matter how often you die, it is absolutely irrelevant. Defeat doesn't even hurt your PVP Ladder ambitions like the arena did later in TBC. No honor lost, and in BGs you even got a participation trophy. Just show up and eventually you'll get there.

Is the beta level cap 30 right now?
You risk time. That is enough for me these days.

Yep the beta is capped at 30.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you risk time? Do you die earlier IRL if you lose in WoW PVP? Do you have to quit playing? Or do you have to play longer, therefore losing sleep time?

You spend your time playing. Whether you do that being alive or in ghost mode is of little consequence.

If there is no risk of negative progress from defeat, I don't see the "danger".

But maybe I'm just too tough at this point from playing too many MMO PVP games with EVE-like losses on defeat. /flex

xzi

Mouthbreather
Can't sleep? Spend 2 hours making 30 year old boomer memes

Ys0yoco.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched Sodapoppin having a stroke because a rogue rolled need 100 vs him on Emblazoned Hat on his druid, a level 26 BoE *green* item and spam the chat in all caps for a whole minute.

uf2ys1b.png

This is exactly the kind of shit we're missing out on with modern MMOs. This is more entertaining than anything Blizzard released in the last five years.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’ve surprised myself with how excited I am for this after watching some streams. Pure nostalgia I’m sure and I’ll never raid but the slow grind to 60 will keep me entertained for awhile I’m sure.

I never played Alliance in classic so I’ll probably end up going that route.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How do you risk time? Do you die earlier IRL if you lose in WoW PVP? Do you have to quit playing? Or do you have to play longer, therefore losing sleep time?

You spend your time playing. Whether you do that being alive or in ghost mode is of little consequence.

If there is no risk of negative progress from defeat, I don't see the "danger".

But maybe I'm just too tough at this point from playing too many MMO PVP games with EVE-like losses on defeat. /flex

For a lot of us, the time lost is lost time working on your goal. I love pve. I like PvP. Family and work make that lost 30 minutes mean a lot to me. I get your point though. I just think it’s not that simple.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

I can’t fucking stand streamers. I just flat out don’t get it. Do they really have this much influence over a game?

Caeden

better watch out kid or I'm gonna get my 6 viewers on you

It’s funny. Our teenager killed some overwatch or fortnite streamer the other night. You’d thought he got into Harvard. That story has become worse than any story a 5 year old tells.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It’s funny. Our teenager killed some overwatch or fortnite streamer the other night. You’d thought he got into Harvard. That story has become worse than any story a 5 year old tells.
You should make him a fake trophy and play it up.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

change the wifi password, that'll shut him up

xzi

Mouthbreather
seriously though I know one or several people lurking here work @ blizzard

get me in beta save me from doing world quests please