World of Warcraft: Classic

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What'd you guys get. One boss in mythic?
Leading a raid and leading a guild are entirely different aspects. I didn't step into mythic at all nor would I, those days are long past for me. I will be happy that I have more world firsts than the majority of this forum.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Anything I say at this point won't matter and isn't worth it
Fixed. Glad you realized though that you brought nothing to the table for a forum guild that you "lead" but then bailed on because you couldn't "lead" them to victory so then your new guild you couldn't kill shit with either.

Glad we don't have to read another year of you complaining how hard it is to "lead" a casual forum guild that is usually left to housewives.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's tough to participate in a thread where everything is subtext for years old grievances.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Kind of off topic of our intense hatred towards one another. I ran across this little post some aspie dude took the time to research and write out so he can role play dungeon guide in game like a super nerd. Still it's actually pretty interesting if you were ever interested in basic WoW lore before 10 years of shit writing turned it into ultra garbage.

Like many of you I never took the time to read quests or give a shit why I am killing Dildo McBaggins other than he drops the gear of +gooder.

Dungeon Lore Compendium

Here is an example from Deadmines.

Dungeon History

Gold is an extremely important resource for us. It’s our primary form of currency, after all! Prior to the first war, the Deadmines were considered the greatest source of gold in all human lands.

The Deadmines has had a long history, and yes, it was always called that. During the First War, the hero Anduin Lothar entered the Deadmines to retrieve the Tome of Divinity from the clutches of a band of ogres.

The Tome of Divinity is an extremely important book to the clerics of Northshire Abbey, as well as all paladins worldwide. It is through meditations on this book’s contents that paladins learn how to resurrect the dead.

Also during the First War, the First Warchief of the Horde, Blackhand, had a disobedient daughter named Griselda who fled into the Deadmines with an ogre named Turok. She was subsequently slain by the orcs for her insubordination.

Moonbrook, the town outside, was once the hub of commerce for all of Westfall. However, the entire town was destroyed by the Horde during the First War on their march to Stormwind.

Moonbrook was rebuilt years later after the Alliance was victorious in the Second War. Its affiliation with the Alliance was short-lived, however, as the Defias Brotherhood took over soon after the Third War. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Remember when I said the Horde marched on Stormwind? They succeeded. Stormwind was reduced to rubble during the First War. It took a monumental effort and many resources for the stonemasons to rebuild Stormwind to the glory that it is today.

It took a veritable army of architects, engineers, and artisans to craft the human capital. Edwin VanCleef was the leader of the massive project. When the reconstruction was complete, Edwin met with the nobles to collect payment.

Thanks to the meddling of Lady Katrana Prestor, the nobles of Stormwind refused to honor the government contract as agreed. Edwin was enraged that the nobles would withhold payment for honest labor.

The stonemasons rioted in the streets, in an event that would tragically result in the accidental death of Queen Tiffin Wrynn. With the death of his wife, King Varian Wrynn cast the stonemasons out of the city.

In response, Edwin formed the Defias Brotherhood, a large group of bandits, thieves, and brigands in defiance of Stormwind. In truth, Katrana had played both sides, and fanned the flames of conflict without arousing suspicion of her true intentions.

The Defias established a presence all over the human lands, but VanCleef himself sequestered himself into the Deadmines, where he began work on his secret weapon.

Bosses and Encounters

Rhahk’Zor is a foreman in charge of Edwin VanCleef’s construction projects. It’s unknown if he’s from the ogre band that was here from the First War, but it’s quite likely that he’s the brains behind VanCleef’s secret weapon. Yes… I’m serious.

You sometimes don’t see him on shift duty, but Miner Johnson can sometimes be found here. He’s just a working man of no meaningful significance. Are we really going out of our way to murder him? Sometimes I wonder how much killing we do without question.

Sneed is a lumbermaster and pilots a goblin shredder. They’ll be needing a lot of lumber for their grand project. Interestingly, while he’s in his shredder, he has hair, but when he falls out, he’s bald. Did we hurt him that badly?

And hey, if you look on the screen in his shredder, you can see Kerrigan from Starcraft!

Gilnid is a master smelter and crafter of automatons. He was cast out of Booty Bay for his insane experiments and for being too amoral, even for a goblin. Gilnid doesn’t care for the Defias’ mission, but they give him supplies, and he gives them weapons.

Ah, and here it is! Edwin VanCleef’s secret weapon! This giant boat is actually an Ogre Juggernaut from the Second War era! These things were monsters! Filled to the brim with firepower so that hardly anything could stand in their way on the seas.

Rhahk’Zor would likely have known the plans to build this thing. Sneed would supply the lumber. Gilnid would create the metal fittings and weaponry. It all builds up to this grand reveal.

Clearly, VanCleef wants to sail this thing to Stormwind and demand his payment. If they refused, he’d bombard the city and reduce it back to the rubble that they built it up from. Poetic, is it not?

Mr. Smite is the first mate of the ship, under Captain Greenskin. He is one of the very few Tauren bosses we ever face, and a fan favorite! Though never confirmed, it’s implied that he survives this encounter and lives in exile in Pandaria.

Captain Greenskin is the captain of this fine ship, in the employ of Edwin VanCleef. He unfortunately doesn’t get a pirate hat. At least, not until the next expansion, when he suddenly gets one.

Edwin VanCleef. Head of the stonemasons that built Stormwind, and now leader of the Defias Brotherhood. Now, we’re here for his head. His daughter, Vanessa, is watching. She will remember this moment well.

It’s unknown how Cookie became the cook of this ship, but he is what he is. He, too, survives this encounter to eventually become captain of the ship. Well, I suppose there would be a vacancy if Captain Greenskin is dealt with…

• 8Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I've seen people leave a guild for greener pastures when things got rocky. As this thread has gone on the conversations have gotten more and more bitter.
Don't worry Noodle bowed out of this entire thing a long time ago when he realized people weren't going to flock to him. He is firmly in FF14 land.

I also don't hate him and I am not bitter but maybe if I debunk his "leading a guild was so hard and stressful" trope that he brings into every gaming thread he will just stop with that narrative.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Kind of off topic of our intense hatred towards one another. I ran across this little post some aspie dude took the time to research and write out so he can role play dungeon guide in game like a super nerd. Still it's actually pretty interesting if you were ever interested in basic WoW lore before 10 years of shit writing turned it into ultra garbage.

Like many of you I never took the time to read quests or give a shit why I am killing Dildo McBaggins other than he drops the gear of +gooder.

Dungeon Lore Compendium

Dungeon History

Gold is an extremely important resource for us. It’s our primary form of currency, after all! Prior to the first war, the Deadmines were considered the greatest source of gold in all human lands.

The Deadmines has had a long history, and yes, it was always called that. During the First War, the hero Anduin Lothar entered the Deadmines to retrieve the Tome of Divinity from the clutches of a band of ogres.

The Tome of Divinity is an extremely important book to the clerics of Northshire Abbey, as well as all paladins worldwide. It is through meditations on this book’s contents that paladins learn how to resurrect the dead.

Also during the First War, the First Warchief of the Horde, Blackhand, had a disobedient daughter named Griselda who fled into the Deadmines with an ogre named Turok. She was subsequently slain by the orcs for her insubordination.

Moonbrook, the town outside, was once the hub of commerce for all of Westfall. However, the entire town was destroyed by the Horde during the First War on their march to Stormwind.

Moonbrook was rebuilt years later after the Alliance was victorious in the Second War. Its affiliation with the Alliance was short-lived, however, as the Defias Brotherhood took over soon after the Third War. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Remember when I said the Horde marched on Stormwind? They succeeded. Stormwind was reduced to rubble during the First War. It took a monumental effort and many resources for the stonemasons to rebuild Stormwind to the glory that it is today.

It took a veritable army of architects, engineers, and artisans to craft the human capital. Edwin VanCleef was the leader of the massive project. When the reconstruction was complete, Edwin met with the nobles to collect payment.

Thanks to the meddling of Lady Katrana Prestor, the nobles of Stormwind refused to honor the government contract as agreed. Edwin was enraged that the nobles would withhold payment for honest labor.

The stonemasons rioted in the streets, in an event that would tragically result in the accidental death of Queen Tiffin Wrynn. With the death of his wife, King Varian Wrynn cast the stonemasons out of the city.

In response, Edwin formed the Defias Brotherhood, a large group of bandits, thieves, and brigands in defiance of Stormwind. In truth, Katrana had played both sides, and fanned the flames of conflict without arousing suspicion of her true intentions.

The Defias established a presence all over the human lands, but VanCleef himself sequestered himself into the Deadmines, where he began work on his secret weapon.

Bosses and Encounters

Rhahk’Zor is a foreman in charge of Edwin VanCleef’s construction projects. It’s unknown if he’s from the ogre band that was here from the First War, but it’s quite likely that he’s the brains behind VanCleef’s secret weapon. Yes… I’m serious.

You sometimes don’t see him on shift duty, but Miner Johnson can sometimes be found here. He’s just a working man of no meaningful significance. Are we really going out of our way to murder him? Sometimes I wonder how much killing we do without question.

Sneed is a lumbermaster and pilots a goblin shredder. They’ll be needing a lot of lumber for their grand project. Interestingly, while he’s in his shredder, he has hair, but when he falls out, he’s bald. Did we hurt him that badly?

And hey, if you look on the screen in his shredder, you can see Kerrigan from Starcraft!

Gilnid is a master smelter and crafter of automatons. He was cast out of Booty Bay for his insane experiments and for being too amoral, even for a goblin. Gilnid doesn’t care for the Defias’ mission, but they give him supplies, and he gives them weapons.

Ah, and here it is! Edwin VanCleef’s secret weapon! This giant boat is actually an Ogre Juggernaut from the Second War era! These things were monsters! Filled to the brim with firepower so that hardly anything could stand in their way on the seas.

Rhahk’Zor would likely have known the plans to build this thing. Sneed would supply the lumber. Gilnid would create the metal fittings and weaponry. It all builds up to this grand reveal.

Clearly, VanCleef wants to sail this thing to Stormwind and demand his payment. If they refused, he’d bombard the city and reduce it back to the rubble that they built it up from. Poetic, is it not?

Mr. Smite is the first mate of the ship, under Captain Greenskin. He is one of the very few Tauren bosses we ever face, and a fan favorite! Though never confirmed, it’s implied that he survives this encounter and lives in exile in Pandaria.

Captain Greenskin is the captain of this fine ship, in the employ of Edwin VanCleef. He unfortunately doesn’t get a pirate hat. At least, not until the next expansion, when he suddenly gets one.

Edwin VanCleef. Head of the stonemasons that built Stormwind, and now leader of the Defias Brotherhood. Now, we’re here for his head. His daughter, Vanessa, is watching. She will remember this moment well.

It’s unknown how Cookie became the cook of this ship, but he is what he is. He, too, survives this encounter to eventually become captain of the ship. Well, I suppose there would be a vacancy if Captain Greenskin is dealt with…

I'm a lore fag and it intrigues me that Prestor (Onyxia) was involved that early in the player storyline.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Don't worry Noodle bowed out of this entire thing a long time ago when he realized people weren't going to flock to him. He is firmly in FF14 land.

I also don't hate him and I am not bitter but maybe if I debunk his "leading a guild was so hard and stressful" trope that he brings into every gaming thread he will just stop with that narrative.
Raid leading and/or being a class lead in a tryhard progression guild can be stressful, it depends entirely on the group of people you're playing with. It burned me out in TBC/WotLK but I've also done it more recently in various p server guilds and not really had a problem with it. Still, it is absolutely more enjoyable to just show up and dps shit (for me at least) and not get dragged into loot or raid spot drama.

xzi

Mouthbreather

Dungeon Lore Compendium

Dungeon History

Bosses and Encounters

what's extra faggy is I've been kicking around the idea to make a video about deadmines/general westfall in the same vein as the everquest mysteries videos cause I love that dudes work. I have a few pages already written, I should probably finish that

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I mean I don't know what else to tell you. It was hard and stressful what I was doing. That's all I have left to say. Point taken

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
what's extra faggy is I've been kicking around the idea to make a video about deadmines/general westfall in the same vein as the everquest mysteries videos cause I love that dudes work. I have a few pages already written, I should probably finish that

tenor.gif

Actually though that would probably be pretty cool. Maybe you can get McFly to narrate your YouTube videos and make a million dollars.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
We weren't try hard or progression, we were casuals doing mythic because we were bored with heroic and that we could, not because defeating Mythic Argus was our life's purpose. That's frustrating to actual try hards. Only stressful encounter was Heroic KJ, and fuck that fight. I would have hopped to another guild but I just didn't give enough fucks at that point in the expansion.

Noods just took a shit on the guild and went in a way that was in his best interest. Good on him, I guess, but fucked everyone else, too. Not the first time this has happened in a guild I'd been in, and I've done similarly in the past as well (when I cared more, for whatever reason).

I'm not even salty about it anymore, just curious what we could have done had he stayed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We weren't try hard or progression, we were casuals doing mythic because we were bored with heroic and that we could, not because defeating Mythic Argus was our life's purpose. That's frustrating to actual try hards. Only stressful encounter was Heroic KJ, and fuck that fight. I would have hopped to another guild but I just didn't give enough fucks at that point in the expansion.

Noods just took a shit on the guild and went in a way that was in his best interest. Good on him, I guess, but fucked everyone else, too. Not the first time this has happened in a guild I'd been in, and I've done similarly in the past as well (when I cared more, for whatever reason).

I'm not even salty about it anymore, just curious what we could have done had he stayed.
To be honest. Where we were was about as far as we could've gone. We had some people quitting the same day I quit that sort of put us in an even worse spot. I did the rest of the bosses in mythic, and foh was just not going to be able to handle what we needed (mostly number wise, but moreso staying alive). It's not a jab at the guild, we just weren't at that level yet.