World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Damn the Classic Beta server is imbalanced.

gXN5ejy.png

18ZQby5.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well there is a very good reason that the expansions introduced more tank options. Warrior being top deeps in classic in addition to being the only tank in town leads to this kind of thing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think he was referring to there being almost 3x more Alliance than Horde.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
That’s good though. You want like 2 resto druids in a 40 person raid and that’s it. Feral tanks do have a niche but cats and boomkins are both worse than bringing a real dps even if they’re tryhards who powershift, farm pummelers or dark runes, etc

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn the Classic Beta server is imbalanced.

gXN5ejy.png

18ZQby5.png

My memory is foggy on this but wasn't the Horde a huge underdog on most servers during launch and BC? I just recall making Horde toons and loving the fact that BG's had no queues for Horde. But Alliance was always complaining about the queues. Could be wrong about all of that. Purple haze and all.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
My memory is foggy on this but wasn't the Horde a huge underdog on most servers during launch and BC? I just recall making Horde toons and loving the fact that BG's had no queues for Horde. But Alliance was always complaining about the queues. Could be wrong about all of that. Purple haze and all.

Surprisingly there are a number of people who will think it will be the opposite. Truth is so many people play these games and want to be a human, or girls who want to roll pretty races, then you add on the Alliance advantage in all of Vanilla raids do to human racials and Paladins it really doesn't surprise me if they are the more populated faction.

But as time has shown once they lose that benefit over the years alliance becomes pure dogshit and now every raid group world first is Horde.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd still like to play Alliance for a change of pace or something but I will roll a Troll Warrior and be equally pleased. Azeroth Auto Pilot all the way though because fuck if I haven't done the Horde leveling path a ton of times.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There was a huge alliance versus horde disbalance in the original game. definitely probably about 3 to 1 even back then

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
With the overall game knowledge I do think that the strength of the Paladin/Alliance as a whole is going to be much less than it was originally. They were the PVP masters of being annoying as fuck is what I remember most about them. Raid benefits aside like Sebudai Sebudai said you could do similar things with Shaman you just had to have less braindead players. Tall order by itself I know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I remember the PVP servers being somewhat balanced, even some being Horde dominant....but all PVE servers were Alliance heavy. I started on Alleria (PVE) and it was prob 4:1 Alliance to Horde...it was really bad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
With the overall game knowledge I do think that the strength of the Paladin/Alliance as a whole is going to be much less than it was originally. They were the PVP masters of being annoying as fuck is what I remember most about them. Raid benefits aside like Sebudai Sebudai said you could do similar things with Shaman you just had to have less braindead players. Tall order by itself I know.

In PVP situations Shaman and Paladins are less. The honest biggest difference is 1 paladin can buff a whole raid while a shaman can only do one group.

The other and bigger issue is blessing of salvation being a 30% threat reduction. Time and time again morons and dipshit chime in how threat wasn’t/isn’t a thing in 1.12 but they suck shit through a straw.

Can it be done without it? yes. Do dps have the throttle? yes. When dps throttles do fights go longer? Yes. The shorter the fight the less healers have to worry about mana, the more viable other dps casters are and so on and so forth. It all compounds on itself.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users