World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's easily apparent that you never raided end-game in original wow. It wasn't a complicated game. Everyone with even a little bit of sense knew the basic requirements of playing at the end-game, how to gear, DPS rotations, etc.And if they didn't, forums at elitistjerks filled in the blanks.

The problem was that the raid only made up 20 of such people. The other 20 were mouthbreathers that couldn't do the Thaddius jump or do the Heigan dance. And no one really gave a shit about buffing to the level that private servers do now.

The only thing htat no one had foresight on was the scaling of warriors and warlocks.

Ya those saph gloves and warrior being OP beyond reason with support has planedefiler written all over it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We have now evolved past "we knew and did every trick in the book" to "we would have got every world first in every raid but Furor told us not to"
The “we” is the combined collective of all the top end guilds. We had an irc channel that people would talk about stuff in. There was this forum also.

You keep being retarded though and we will keep making fun of you.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sorry for not clarifying. I had to go through a 7+ hour stream to find the right spot, but here is the discussion that led me to that conclusion.
It's a conversation between some prolific private server players about the blue post. They talk for a few minutes about private servers, fury wars, and what kind of a difference these changes will make. I recommend listening in for a bit. I definitely found it interesting.

So, we now have official Blizzard confirmation that damage on private servers is wildly overdone compared to Classic.

1. Tank threat is effected negatively on Classic versus Private
2. Bosses have more parry on Classic versus Private
3. 6% nerf to crit on Classic versus Private
4. If your weapon skill is 10 under bosses defense skill, you're missing an extra 1% to hit on Classic versus Private
5. AND MANY MORE...

And this is only for melee.

What say you Ossoi Ossoi ?

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Spit out a list of things you guys do "now", and I can tell you everything that was known or, as unlikely as it is, unknown. Whether it was done or not, is not the argument. The argument is that you're pretending like vanilla WOW wasn't completely dissected by the time TBC came around. There's a difference between knowing, and utilizing. Yeah, we knew warriors could use leather, my guild had a couple of them because we had an excess of warriors and like, 3 or 4 rogues. We knew about all the buffs, we just didn't utilize them often because you'd die, making them useless. I always carried around heal power oils and had ZG enchants, the whole shebang. If it was easy enough, or something I could get reliably during downtime, I did. Not everyone did because not every gives that much of a shit. Some were nearly impossible to get, like the Silithus buffs on an RP-PVE server. Stopped fucking with the fire resist buff out of UBRS when they reduced the player cap to 15, making that shit take way too long. Name a buff, I can tell you if we used it or not, and if not, why.

Also, it's not like all this information wasn't listed online, either. Wowhead became a thing in January 2006.

Comprehensive Classic WoW Consumables List

I can vouch for Ossoi in that he did raid vanilla -- I was in his guild. We downed Nefarian with a gnome fury/defense warrior. Ossoi was a druid. That was middle/late 2005. I left after that, so not sure how many gallons of gasoline he's huffed since then, or if he played at all in 2006 as most of the shit being talked about didn't exist until then, either. He's always been a bit of an asshole with a side of Down's.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
We have now evolved past "we knew and did every trick in the book" to "we would have got every world first in every raid but Furor told us not to"
I know I can be a self-opinionated cunt sometimes, but you have clearly put a lot of points into that skill--well beyond diminishing returns.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

nisser

Trakanon Raider
Spit out a list of things you guys do "now", and I can tell you everything that was known or, as unlikely as it is, unknown. Whether it was done or not, is not the argument. The argument is that you're pretending like vanilla WOW wasn't completely dissected by the time TBC came around. There's a difference between knowing, and utilizing. Yeah, we knew warriors could use leather, my guild had a couple of them because we had an excess of warriors and like, 3 or 4 rogues. We knew about all the buffs, we just didn't utilize them often because you'd die, making them useless. I always carried around heal power oils and had ZG enchants, the whole shebang. If it was easy enough, or something I could get reliably during downtime, I did. Not everyone did because not every gives that much of a shit. Some were nearly impossible to get, like the Silithus buffs on an RP-PVE server. Stopped fucking with the fire resist buff out of UBRS when they reduced the player cap to 15, making that shit take way too long. Name a buff, I can tell you if we used it or not, and if not, why.

Also, it's not like all this information wasn't listed online, either. Wowhead became a thing in January 2006.

I can vouch for Ossoi in that he did raid vanilla -- I was in his guild. We downed Nefarian with a gnome fury/defense warrior. Ossoi was a druid. That was middle/late 2005. I left after that, so not sure how many gallons of gasoline he's huffed since then, or if he played at all in 2006 as most of the shit being talked about didn't exist until then, either. He's always been a bit of an asshole with a side of Down's.
I with EJ forums were still up so the moron could be enlightened. The amount of thinktanking available even than was huge. I distinctly remember someone calculating and coming to the conclusion that at one point Cthun just wasn't mathematically kill-able (before he was nerfed).

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I with EJ forums were still up so the moron could be enlightened. The amount of thinktanking available even than was huge. I distinctly remember someone calculating and coming to the conclusion that at one point Cthun just wasn't mathematically kill-able (before he was nerfed).
The best part of having EJ forums back is that we could quote Ion back to himself today and shit all over his decisions.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Spit out a list of things you guys do "now", and I can tell you everything that was known or, as unlikely as it is, unknown. Whether it was done or not, is not the argument. The argument is that you're pretending like vanilla WOW wasn't completely dissected by the time TBC came around.

It's not about what is done now or wasn't done then. It's about the claim that the 2005 knowledge of something is the same level as the 2019 knowledge. I literally just spelt it out earlier this afternoon

He's always been a bit of an asshole with a side of Down's.

Your literal first post to me on this forum, which is how I came to know you were in my guild, was "were you Hawthorne's Druid". So 6 months ago or whenever that post was you weren't even sure who I was, and now after the last month of classic vs pvt server discussion you suddenly think I'm an asshole because you can't think for yourself.

Yeah, I was an asshole then - no shit, hence why I was able to lead retards like you who can't think for yourselves through MC and BWL, lol

This whole thing is so stupid, so if you guys played the same version of a game for 15 years, do you really think that your 2019 selves wouldn't know more about the game than your 2004 selves? Just think about that for a second.

a_skeleton_03 has already proved my point - he chose not to wear leather because it didn't fit with his 2004 knowledge of the class. Warriors are the only horde class that wears plate therefore so they must wear plate at all times.

You might have known that wearing non plate pieces would have boosted your DPS but clearly you didn't know by how much it would boost your DPS, and maybe if you did you wouldn't have maintained full plate.

Ergo your knowledge of the game is lacking when it comes to todays standards

By all means guys, really - keep this going and I'll keep exposing the flaws in your shitty logic

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This whole thing is so stupid, so if you guys played the same version of a game for 15 years, do you really think that your 2019 selves wouldn't know more about the game than your 2004 selves? Just think about that for a second.
What triggers Onyxia deep breath?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
Yes. My mage would wear the same gear and have the same rotations and the same movements in fights as I did in 2005. I would use the same consumables I did back then as well (usually none).

You're an idiot.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes. My mage would wear the same gear and have the same rotations and the same movements in fights as I did in 2005. I would use the same consumables I did back then as well (usually none).

You're an idiot.

That's cute. I was in a top NA guild in vanilla wow and I've never once had that many buffs. I don't even know what half of those do.

k

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I wrote a long post (I still have this on my disk actually; I was told that developers had discussed it at a meeting) on the old WoW beta boards before launch in 2004 regarding fury warriors which included that I was wearing too much leather because DPS plate was not common enough. This ain't rocket surgery

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
35fp2l.jpg

• 16Worf
Reactions: 15 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I wrote a long post (I still have this on my disk actually; I was told that developers had discussed it at a meeting) on the old WoW beta boards before launch in 2004 regarding fury warriors which included that I was wearing too much leather because DPS plate was not common enough. This ain't rocket surgery
Nah bro, no one theorycrafted back then, no one knew about world buffs (even though I provided proof we did.) But certainly the theorycrafting done over the past 13 years since Vanilla on private servers based off proven incorrect data is more valid than what actually occurred!

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ossoi's autistic screeching might have valid points in them if not the fact that EMULATED SERVERS ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS LIVE. Even if you managed to miraculously copy it all 1:1 the sheer fact of the server being frozen in time allows for bullshit like 11 dps warriors all with gear. Back in the real world of 2004-2005 you just can't have people play the class that happens to be good for only that moment in time, and gear it, and then perfect raid strats.

Eq faced these issues. It had a mac server frozen in time, it had tlp servers add instancing which caused tons and tons of bis geared players beyond what existed originally, and all kinds of shit in between. It also had a dedicated emu server striving to recreate classic and let people park in it indefinitely.

Wanna know the #1 lesson we learned from eq? It's this: emu players are a bunch of aspy faggots that can't socialize decently and suck bags of dicks whenever faced with a variable they didn't expect. Wow is gonna be the same. Go ahead and roll a dozen fucking dps warriors so you can speed run naxx. Have fun trying to keep those human beings entertained, able to interact on a server not populated with only people so obsessed they'll grind on a fake brand's hardware, and gearing such a lopsided crew out in the blizzard timetables rather than fucking YEARS of backfarming.

Ps brush your teeth.

• 2Mic Drop
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users