World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
4chan or 8chan?

4chan, what do I look like some sort of extremist?

some of you are alright, don't come to stranglethorn vale on monday

XgwFLrz.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The best part of ban waves was logging in and several guild members were mysteriously offline

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The best is watching them crawl back to the forum and try to either admit they got banned, or make up some story about how real life is getting busy so they don't have the time to play anymore.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard won the botting wars. You'll always see ways that that the Chinese farmers will make it happen, but the bots we've had? All are gone. You can still find through back channel Discords and shit people selling limited spots, for insane per month prices, for rotation bots. One comes to mind that has 30 slots, for $40 per month. But none are actually safe.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Blizzard won the botting wars. You'll always see ways that that the Chinese farmers will make it happen, but the bots we've had? All are gone. You can still find through back channel Discords and shit people selling limited spots, for insane per month prices, for rotation bots. One comes to mind that has 30 slots, for $40 per month. But none are actually safe.

Blizzard didn't win shit. Classic is fucking huge and will be flooded with bots.

Every big guild/streamer will have an army of untouched accounts feeding them. Shiiiiiiet, I bet half of this forum already has bots ready to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blizzard didn't win shit. Classic is fucking huge and will be flooded with bots.

Every big guild/streamer will have an army of untouched accounts feeding them. Shiiiiiiet, I bet half of this forum already has bots ready to go.

I dont think you understand how warden works

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

iu

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In 2019 the minion armies do all the work that we had to do ourselves. If Asmongold was born a girl and had decent tits he'd be a camwhore, but as a boy he assembled a minion army to farm WoW mats from 2005 and pay him monthly via the parents' credit card.

I can't fault him and people like him for being cursed with a dick, it's hard to be so disadvantaged in today's T&A feminist world. He couldn't even be a gaming journalist in the modern era.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Cheaters always think everyone else is cheating too.

You can probably count the botters on this forum on one hand.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Cheating was pretty damn common from my experience on EQ's progression servers. Dont see why WoW would be any different.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Neither will most players. Plus I have a hard time believing if a server would have 10k+ people online in phase 2 Bliz would just let it ride rather than do something to make it playable.

We do expect them to still want this to fail, but letting it fail over "there's too many players playing" would be hilarious. I'm pretty sure their shareholders would kill them over that.

My understanding of Warden is that it scans for programs it knows. So if you program your own bot and never upload it to the internet, they can't know about it, right?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure their shareholders would kill them over that.
Of course they will spin it like "our subscriber numbers this quarter just shot up", but not tell if it's because of Live or Classic.
"It's the same subscription, so we can't tell. Must be because now players realize with 8.2 what a great expansion BfA has always been."

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Sorry if repost but I though this video was interesting and worth sharing. Goes deep on the min/max shit for melee classes. Links to googledoc and slides if that is your jam

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Just in our (TRIGGER WARNING) guild we had 3 admitted botters that got banned multiple times. Those are just the ones we know of. And yes they post here, I won't call them out.

It wasn't even about us knowing they were doing it, because I think with the exception of one we really had no idea. You could always count on when a ban wave was announced that a bunch of people suddenly got tired of playing the game.

For warden it does scan for programs, but I'd wonder if it's monitoring memory and what is accessing it. I'm not sure though

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
World of Warcraft was/is so damn big that all the way up to the actual announcement of Classic I never thought we'd even get it. The logistics of these novelty servers and all of the related complications would be more than anyone was willing to tackle. Players like high populations but dislike queues. Low population servers are "dead" and people flee them. Server mergers are bad optics. Transfers are bad optics. A long list of low population Classic servers at three months or six months would be bad optics. Are they underestimating how many people are going to show up in the first few days? How do you get a count for people that don't play your current game, don't read your forums, didn't sign up early to reserve character names but are going to play again?

Honestly I can't wait to see how it all goes.
I would stock up on popcorn, but I'm doing the Keto thing right now. I supposed I should stock up on cheese and beef jerky sticks instead lol

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
They always have been. Don't see how it will make any difference other than chinamen lowering material costs which makes everyone win

Well except for those retarded enough to have gathering professions.
If EverQuest's TLP servers have taught us anything, it is that the farmers will most likely be on every server going full tilt gliding all over the place. The simple reason for this is they will be converting harvested materials for gold, and converting gold to tokens. The initial push on every server will tempt many players to buy tokens to sale in game for gold to get a "head start".

It's going to be a gold mine opportunity for the farmers just like every single new EverQuest TLP server has been for Krono farmers.

The servers will literally be overrun with bots if EverQuest's TLP history is any indication of what to expect.