World of Warcraft: Classic

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So it's probably worse than people think. Their game is 70% China with that market dictating shit like ever more intrusive microtransactions. Also the government of China might be about to fill the streets of Hong Kong with corpses again and they've got a real financial incentive to do whatever that government instructs them to do.

The push into mobile as well was probably cuz of China.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Also the government of China might be about to fill the streets of Hong Kong with corpses again and they've got a real financial incentive to do whatever that government instructs them to do.

If it gets rid of lfr players, well

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
5n0a1kje05i31.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has no ties to vanilla, so that wouldn't happen. Blackmane gnolls were in MoP so that wouldn't either, but the joke still stands.
They could just change Whitemane's hair to black and the name along with it just on that server.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if they do that, they have no way of knowing which server I'm going to login to on Monday, so I guess they have to count my characters on all 3 realms as a potential player there.

Worf, we'll see how long the ride lasts. Guild is large enough that I won't ever have to PUG anything at least.
They don't need further pre-made character data at this point. They're done reacting to it, it's Friday. This is what will launch next week.

Fucker

Log Wizard
70% China.

Rough flip of the coin would be 130,000 concurrent users everywhere NOT China. I don't know what that equates to in subs, though.

It's good thing Actiblizz has mobile, because their PC shit is going to go on life support soon.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Rough flip of the coin would be 130,000 concurrent users everywhere NOT China. I don't know what that equates to in subs, though.

It's good thing Actiblizz has mobile, because their PC shit is going to go on life support soon.

I was wondering what they're going to do if they burn their bridges with their home audience and then China one day drops them for whatever reason as they inevitably will. Betting on China seems risky at best to me, but a lot of these companies are going all in. Maybe that's why they want Classic to succeed so much. They might have realized their folly and now they're trying to win back their core fanbase. I could also be completely wrong though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Well he also was stating that wow gets a concurrent playerbase similar to the top 3 games on steam. If WoW is reaching 500k-650k concurrent players a day and 70% of them are non sub based China players then you are talking about 150-195k players for the rest of the world. Quite possible the sub numbers are down in the 1 million range and while that is still $15 million a month and nothing to sneeze at it's a far cry from the $130 million a month the game was bringing in at it's peak before retarded cocksucks like Ion took over.

486,494​
682,715​
Dota 2
439,077​
581,697​
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
402,056​
670,660​
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
We don't want to recreate the clusterfuck shitstorm like we did on the original release.. So we're going to recreate the clusterfuck shitstorm like we did on the original release.

Wonder if they are going to credit us days of gametime like back in the day when their login server shits the bed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's funny he opens with ice cream because I can clearly see a difference of around 25lb between the two shots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What can we do to keep our top game companies in the kitchen so they don't whore themselves out to China anymore?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What can we do to keep our top game companies in the kitchen so they don't whore themselves out to China anymore?
The cold, hard and very inconvenient truth: Money talks. If it is more profitable to whore your studio and yourself out to chinese microtransactions and mobile games, then everyone will do it because it is the new thing to do to bring in boatloads of money. Management sees what is profitable in the company and what brings in money elsewhere, so they are going to emulate those things to get a share of the market. This is the reason why we got all those PUBG clones, and Fortnite was only successful because PUBG sucked technically.

So, to fix the problem you need to limit the cash influx from underage children spending their parents cash on stupid shit like loot boxes and microtransactions. So you either have to educate the parents (good luck with that), or you need to regulate it by laws, e.g. to make it gambling, which in turn is illegal for minors.

Once the money dries up management will be really quick to look for other streams of revenue.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya lets defend the industry ruining gaming

I'll take games made on the Doom 2 engine with some depth and imagination over this rehash stuff

At least this Nilla stuff will be a wake up call if it succeeds - that being... you're not better than the original talent even if you think you are or have more money

Hope to God this sends things back in the right direction

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ya lets defend the industry ruining gaming

I'll take games made on the Doom 2 engine with some depth and imagination over this rehash stuff

At least this Nilla stuff will be a wake up call if it succeeds - that being... you're not better than the original talent even if you think you are or have more money

Hope to God this sends things back in the right direction

It will just to prove to people again that gamers will play unrefined nom streamlined gameplay if the game itself is compelling.

games don't got to appeal to every single Tom Dick and Harry with the boring-ass sanitization of everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users