World of Warcraft: Classic

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm still surprised so many people who actually played back in vanilla are excited for this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you're planning on playing an undead character and need a wand, a few of us are planning to pool our linen and have either Sardaan Sardaan or myself make them.

I'm going to be keeping tailoring to 60 so I think it makes sense for me to be the one to do the tailoring part, the more of us who work together, the faster we can get the required 54 linen to make the bolts of cloth necessary to get to a high enough tailoring to make the greens to d/e for the wand.

If anyone else wants in on this, let me know on Discord or tag me on here. The more parts we split the linen gathering into, the sooner we'll all get a wand. I'm going to be grinding to 3-4 and then hitting the Pumpkin Patch with the Tirisfal Farmhands to gather linen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was going to do a complete pass on Classic until I watched a couple of streams and found some of MadSeasonShow's Classic videos. Then I did a total 360 when I remembered the good parts of old WoW and why I'm nostalgic for those things, and seeing how many others were as excited as me made me even more excited. This will be the last time I play WoW, so I'm going to make a good run of it. I also want to reward the devs for actually having the balls to make Classic a thing for the community.

• 2Like

Merrith

More excited than I've been for any of the FFXIV expansions or any game since WoW.

I'll have to disagree, I think my hype for Shadowbringers was higher than any WoW/expansion even. Although how much of Vanilla did you clear/see I have to ask?

misery

I'll have to disagree, I think my hype for Shadowbringers was higher than any WoW/expansion even. Although how much of Vanilla did you clear/see I have to ask?

FFXIV is as flawed as BFA to me. I find the story enjoyable and doing the content once, but not much outside of that.
I played WoW from closed beta until Wrath. I played FFXIV from launch until just a few weeks ago off and on. This is starting to feel like a job interview.

Merrith

FFXIV is as flawed as BFA to me. I find the story enjoyable and doing the content once, but not much outside of that.
I played WoW from closed beta until Wrath. I played FFXIV from launch until just a few weeks ago off and on. This is starting to feel like a job interview.

I'll agree that there is a big part of "doing the expansion releases in 14 for the story", but I still enjoy a lot of the content they put out over the course of the expansion in between release and MSQ patches, too. Still waaaay better than BFA for me which kind of feels like a watered down legion with other flaws and issues, too.

You played from closed beta to Wrath, but how much of Vanilla did you clear is what I was curious about. I can understand people who maybe wanted to jump into the PVP from Classic to see it, or if for raiding maybe they never cleared AQ40 or Naxx 40 and wanted to do so.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're planning on playing an undead character and need a wand, a few of us are planning to pool our linen and have either Sardaan Sardaan or myself make them.

I'm going to be keeping tailoring to 60 so I think it makes sense for me to be the one to do the tailoring part, the more of us who work together, the faster we can get the required 54 linen to make the bolts of cloth necessary to get to a high enough tailoring to make the greens to d/e for the wand.

If anyone else wants in on this, let me know on Discord or tag me on here. The more parts we split the linen gathering into, the sooner we'll all get a wand. I'm going to be grinding to 3-4 and then hitting the Pumpkin Patch with the Tirisfal Farmhands to gather linen.

Same here. UD Mage taking tailoring. Will donate W/E is needed and make bags for bros.

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
Real talk - When are we gonna get some decent channel structure up in the Discord?

"Group #1" "Group #2" and "Raid" aren't likely to be enough when Classic goes live.
Some suggested additions:
  • "Stuck in Q Over9000!?@!" (for those that clearly won't be playing any time soon, and need to figure out something else to do)
  • General voice
  • "Huge PvPness" (added implication of the obvious for good measure, kek)
  • Asmonfanbo-- er, "Stream Sniping"
  • "Goldshire Inn" (for those rolling Alliance)

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This next 6 months is going to be the best time for WoW server communities that it has been in 15 years. No cross realm anything, just you and the opposite faction. Anything goes.

I played classic and did most of what I wanted then and fondly remember these times the most. I'ma do the raiding not because it's difficult or I haven't done it before, I'm going to enjoy having 39 other fuckheads in a raid again, specifically a lot of YOU fuckheads.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

misery

I'll agree that there is a big part of "doing the expansion releases in 14 for the story", but I still enjoy a lot of the content they put out over the course of the expansion in between release and MSQ patches, too. Still waaaay better than BFA for me which kind of feels like a watered down legion with other flaws and issues, too.

You played from closed beta to Wrath, but how much of Vanilla did you clear is what I was curious about. I can understand people who maybe wanted to jump into the PVP from Classic to see it, or if for raiding maybe they never cleared AQ40 or Naxx 40 and wanted to do so.

I want to complete the raids this time for sure, but I'm just as excited for the PvP as well. I was one of the people doing a lot of world PvP (I actually transferred off of a PvE server to do more of it), then I spammed BGs when they came out. I was bored at points, but overall it was a lot of fun for me. One factor is that I have a new perspective on the game as a whole. I have a better idea of what games (including future WoW content) did wrong after it, and what vanilla did right. When I played vanilla back in the day I never really gave it a lot of thought. I didn't pay much attention to the world, I didn't get into the raiding scene until around when TBC came out and a lot of the content was already trivial. Karazhan was the first raid I completed. I might have blown through some of the earlier content when I was overgeared for it, I don't remember. Before that I did a lot of the the non-raid content including rep grinds. Doing the raids when they're relevant has some weight in my consideration, but it's not the only factor at all.

When I PvP'd I spent a lot of time on my druid, but I enjoyed most of the other classes, and I plan on focusing more on them this time. A lot of my excitement also likely comes from the fact that I never played private servers and haven't played WoW since Wrath. Barely anyone knew anything for the first few months. You couldn't just go onto YouTube and watch a video explaining everything. So I just played and had fun, but I missed a lot of the content. Then there's the FoH guild. We already have a nice community ready for launch. I've struggled to find good communities in various games before, including FFXIV.

I'm mostly excited to go back to a time when games focused more on the community building aspect, and I want to enjoy a MMORPG that gives me that experience again. It's not perfect, but Classic does a lot of things right. I want the chaos of world PvP and I want to play some BGs. I plan to do the stuff I haven't done before and to redo the things I have. Classic provides these experiences. Everything else like doing the raids is just icing on the cake.

(Also I have a hell of a lot more time right now.)

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Real talk - When are we gonna get some decent channel structure up in the Discord?

"Group #1" "Group #2" and "Raid" aren't likely to be enough when Classic goes live.
  • "Stuck in Q Over9000!?@!" (for those that clearly won't be playing any time soon, and need to figure out something else to do)
  • General voice

And likely a half dozen concurrent dungeon group channels.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I created an alliance toon on Skeram, but i think i'm gonna roll on one of the new est servers they're opening on launch day... i'm not fucking waiting in queues.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fiancé who hasn’t played since WotLK told me he wants to try playing classic a bit as well, so gifted him some game time with the blizzard balance I had from somewhere. Probably will make a separate character to play with him since he’s pretty casual with MMOs.

Tomorrow’s going to be such a clusterfuck and I hope blizzard gets a big kick in the ass over how many people want to actually play classic versus garbage BFA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

• General voice

Message one of the discord admins.