World of Warcraft: Classic

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I thought about dual boxing a friends shaman for arena runs... but he’s burned out and not playing and I would definitely quit should my main get banned now. Not worth it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amusing considering that a certain popular WoW developer has used this account when the raid lacked healers and my friend couldn't log in

Does nobody box their friend's accounts anymore to know if Blizzard seriously gives a fuck nowadays? I had login info for like 20 of my EQ guildmates back in the day. Seems weird to me to not log friends in to craft or fill a raid role or whatever
It's not nearly as easy to box in WoW as it was in EQ. You could manually play 2-3 toons in EQ fairly well, let alone if you started using advanced macros and programs. WoW? You can't do shit manually, and almost requires the use of other boxing programs to help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It's not nearly as easy to box in WoW as it was in EQ. You could manually play 2-3 toons in EQ fairly well, let alone if you started using advanced macros and programs. WoW? You can't do shit manually, and almost requires the use of other boxing programs to help.
I'm doing it the old way myself, 2x keyboard, mouse, PC, monitors, and shitload of macros. It's a pain in the dick.

I know there's software to make shit easier, but I don't want to take the chance, get reported by some retard, and some clueless GM bans me.

Crone

There's multiboxing addons that make things a lot easier as well. They are not bannable. Forgetthe forum, but there was a pretty popular multi boxer forum out there that'd have all the tips and tricks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I thought about dual boxing a friends shaman for arena runs

I used to do this all the time throughout BC and Wrath. Losing on purpose for welfare epics and to work on my arena addon. If this results in bans now then Blizzard really has become a shit company.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I used to do this all the time throughout BC and Wrath. Losing on purpose for welfare epics and to work on my arena addon. If this results in bans now then Blizzard really has become a shit company.
Remember back then Alex was all about exploit early, and exploit often. Now not so much.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have boxed for years in WoW using ISBoxer and an addon called JAMBA (now called EMA). Nobody has ever been banned for using ISBoxer and it is perfectly legitimate and within the TOS. If you ever see a boxer running around in WoW there is a very good chance they are using ISBoxer and many people even stream on Twitch while using it. Boxing in BfA is incredibly easy because of multi-tap and all the QOL features added over the years. Boxing in classic is kind of a pain because questing just really sucks in classic in large groups for anything that isn't a simple kill quest or guaranteed drop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I have boxed for years in WoW using ISBoxer and an addon called JAMBA (now called EMA). Nobody has ever been banned for using ISBoxer and it is perfectly legitimate and within the TOS. If you ever see a boxer running around in WoW there is a very good chance they are using ISBoxer and many people even stream on Twitch while using it. Boxing in BfA is incredibly easy because of multi-tap and all the QOL features added over the years. Boxing in classic is kind of a pain because questing just really sucks in classic in large groups for anything that isn't a simple kill quest or guaranteed drop.
I used to use ISboxer ages ago to dick around with EQ, forgot about that one. They used to have a free trial, might take a look and see if it makes a difference for me before paying. IIRC, Blizzard even officially said ISBoxer was A-Ok back in the day.

I have no intention of doing any serious boxing, it's more a level alts easier, pocket healer for farming, and an easy method to keep an eye on AH kinda deal.

Crone

JAMBA was the name I couldn't think of! Cool that it's still around.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Question for private server nerds, orc warrior with edgemasters using axes, when do I get to replace edgemasters?

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Question for private server nerds, orc warrior with edgemasters using axes, when do I get to replace edgemasters?

Good until AQ40. Will certainly use throughout MC and BWL.

Edit: magey/classic-warrior

Good writeup on weapon skill using modern testing (non private server stuff).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"I need a new job"

th25jwn0ygs31.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 9 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Remember back then Alex was all about exploit early, and exploit often. Now not so much.

Honestly unless it's still an insane power gain, exploit early and exploit often is still the move when it comes to blizzard. They're so insanely inconsistent on what they decide to punish.

Anything that skirts around their sold services, like leveling at mach speeds is definitely a no-go. Anything that will get you more pieces of loot than you should be able to get in that one run is also off limits.

Everything else? They don't give a shit. There's soooo many things exploitable in the game that have been present for years. I generally don't fuck with them cause I'm still paranoid to lose my account but it makes me laugh at some things they let slide by.

Khane

I used to use ISboxer ages ago to dick around with EQ, forgot about that one. They used to have a free trial, might take a look and see if it makes a difference for me before paying. IIRC, Blizzard even officially said ISBoxer was A-Ok back in the day.

I have no intention of doing any serious boxing, it's more a level alts easier, pocket healer for farming, and an easy method to keep an eye on AH kinda deal.

It's like 50 bucks a year for ISBoxer and they have an active discord with a bunch of boxers who can help you out if you get stuck with any kind of setup. It makes boxing, even just dual boxing, about 1000x easier and more efficient.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I got pushed out of my spot in felwood by 5 level 52 mages being multi boxed. Some fucky tos violating shit with the program they use. Distract doesn’t do anything. They’re all too ai like in how they follow the lead character.

Khane

I got pushed out of my spot in felwood by 5 level 52 mages being multi boxed. Some fucky tos violating shit with the program they use. Distract doesn’t do anything. They’re all too ai like in how they follow the lead character.

It's just follow strobing, it's a legitimate script/slash command and is how quests with NPCs that follow you work.

In retail auto follow breaks if you engage in PvP combat so you can hinder it that way if you wanted to. I'm pretty sure it does the same thing in retail (this was a change they made to auto following in BfA but I think they put it in classic)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's just follow strobing, it's a legitimate script/slash command and is how quests with NPCs that follow you work.
Quest npcs don’t have to follow the tos.

Having a program cast /follow 10000 times a second is definitely a tos violation.

Khane

Quest npcs don’t have to follow the tos.

Having a program cast /follow 10000 times a second is definitely a tos violation.

No, it definitely is not because that's not what it's doing. There is literally a script/command to create a timer/ticker. It's not running a /follow macro over and over on loop via it's own custom code because yes, that's against the TOS. It's part of the LUA API, and it's what those NPCs use to auto follow you for quests, this is what is being called. This is something Blizzard has made available via the LUA API and is perfectly within TOS.