World of Warcraft: Classic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't think there's a perfect system. The Healing Lead for my Classic guild said BIS items like Wild Growth Shoulders, Cauterising Band would be round-robined. The first WGS went to one of the people that week 1 farmed the Hydraxian rep so we could clear MC week 2 - absolutely no problem with that.

A few months later the Healing Lead wasn't present and the GM insta-passed a cauterising band to someone that had already received WGS when several other healers were still waiting for the first BIS piece. So all it took for the system to not work as intended was for the person keeping track of healer loot to be missing.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
We roll everything with items having certain class/spec priorities. Occasionally some dumb shit happens like a brand new person getting an OEB or the lock who got our first mageblade quitting three days later, but meh. At this point I have T2 hat, Ring of SP, Staff of Dom, a few shit t1 pieces for pvp, and I’m the only lock in our raid without t2 pants so should get them soon. I’ve never seen a ToEP, MIC, RoVP, or second RoSP drop in our raid and we’ve only gotten one Rag choker. It tends to sort itself out over time. I’m prepared to be a little salty when BWL comes and some actual irreplaceable shit like Nelth’s Tear goes to anybody that isn’t me, etc.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
That's loot council for you. I'm in a guild that uses it and surprise, surprise the worst players in the guild are the tanks and they get all the loot because for some reason people can't wrap their heads around:

1) BWL is still months away
2) You don't need to feed tanks all the gear to succeed
3) Our tanks suck

This week we got our second Band of Accuria ever. They gave it to the main tank. Fucking lol. An agi/hit ring going to a prot warrior who is already full might/2pc wrath/quel'serrar and we've had Ony/MC on farm for months with no sign of BWL and they still give the MT all the loot by default.

They almost gave our first perdition's blade to the MT as well and they gave our only Core Hound Tooth to a Fury Warr who already had gotten a Deathbringer from Ony literally the day before (he then left 2 days later stating the guild wasn't hardcore enough for him). If it wasn't for the fact that this is a morning weekday raid guild and the only one on the server I'd just leave but the raid schedule is too good.

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance. And that's just what it is. Our loot council is 3 healers and a mage and they have absolutely no idea how to distribute physical dps loot.
If only there was a non-retarded guild you could have joined.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Eh, Band of Accuria is a good tank item. Despite my rogue "reeeeeee". :/
Yeah this one specifically is a bad example. Accuria is incredibly good for tanks because it's a slot where they don't lose a ton of stats to gain 2% hit. You know what sucks worse than not getting gear? Gear not mattering cause your tanks can't hold aggro.

#GiveTanksThreatGear2020

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The idea you need to gear your tanks first and foremost to the point they get defaulted even BiS DPS gear 100% of the time is idiotic.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

If only there was a non-retarded guild you could have joined.

I've been in a FoH forum guild before and "non-retarded" is not how I'd define it. Plus I did not want to play on a PvP server.

• 2Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Tanking in Classic is a lot more about threat than mitigation/avoidance. If you can kill bosses in 20-60 seconds your healers can just dump their mana and anything short of a oneshot on the MT is a non issue. But your tank needs to hold aggro while the DPS is all going ham in order for that to work.
BWL pugs on ND were gbidding Tear for upwards of 5k, lol
I wore mine all the way into T5 in TBC, it’s stupid good.

Khane

If the tank can't hold aggro in 1.12 even when being fed ALL the gear he fucking sucks. No tank needs a Band of Accuria to hold aggro in MC months after release.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
If the tank can't hold aggro in 1.12 even when being fed ALL the gear he fucking sucks. No tank needs a Band of Accuria to hold aggro in MC months after release.

I'm in a guild like this atm. 3 tanks; one guy puts in the effort, but blows balls at the game, other two don't bother. None of them come fully, or even remotely fully, buffed; most of them don't bother farming jujus etc.

Guild policy is that the first two Thunderfuries go to the 2/3 tanks and Band of Accuria is always tank prio. Then they tried to instate another tank prio for Drake Fang Talisman.... lol.

The current fad is to watch Skarm furyprot tank Naxx on a private server with full buffs and bis gear, then to try doing that while being undergeared, underbuffed and playing like a retard.

No, tanks can suck my dick.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
How do you guys handle loot? I'm in one of the top guilds on our realm that uses a "loot council" to distribute it. In theory, this means distribute the loot around evenly with a nuanced view of certain special cases for the grater good. In practice, I am starting to feel that this actually means loot goes to the popular kids, aka the officers and the those who deepthroat them.

Been full-time on a raid team for about 6 weeks. Rag/Ony on farm status. MC trash trash every week as well. I've been in MC enough that I'm well into revered with Hydraxian Waterlords. I show up on time. Repaired. Have most of my pre-raid BiS, so decent dps. Contribute mats. Bring pots. And yet...zero pieces of gear from loot council, although almost all are handed out that way. I finally got one piece last week that was open roll for all melee. I look at them handing out more shit to guys who already have plenty of epics and I just don't get it.

I feel like i'm getting my shit shoved in at this point.

So it may seem like that (and it may be true) but you should actually do the work to look into it. Look at all the eligible drops (ex. felheart items for warlock) and see who got what and how many and what their attendance is.
You may find that there hasn't been too many drops at all and that all your other class-mates are also at 0-2 items each and that they also have 100% attendance.
Or you may find out that you're the total outlier and the guild sucks dick

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I'm in a guild like this atm. 3 tanks; one guy puts in the effort, but blows balls at the game, other two don't bother. None of them come fully, or even remotely fully, buffed; most of them don't bother farming jujus etc.

Guild policy is that the first two Thunderfuries go to the 2/3 tanks and Band of Accuria is always tank prio. Then they tried to instate another tank prio for Drake Fang Talisman.... lol.

The current fad is to watch Skarm furyprot tank Naxx on a private server with full buffs and bis gear, then to try doing that while being undergeared, underbuffed and playing like a retard.

No, tanks can suck my dick.

Man what kind of shit guild gives their tanks Thunderfury...

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
that's why I need to level so FoH can give me thunderfury and a servo armo in naxx and I'll pull agro within 2 seconds of hitting something and blame the healers for being shit

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
You can have the servo arm, you’ll need anubisath offhand. Pretty sure empyrean is better than servo in that case anyway 🤷🏽‍♂. What race did you end up rolling?

xzi

Mouthbreather
bro thunderfury increases servo arm damage AND gives style points, which at the end of the day transmog is all that matters

also tauren