World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
TBH jealous cause ya'll sound like you are having fun. I'm rdy to give WoW classic/progression another round when they announce progression servers next year.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
TBH jealous cause ya'll sound like you are having fun. I'm rdy to give WoW classic/progression another round when they announce progression servers next year.

Progression servers would of been great, but Blizzard is stubborn and stupid so who knows if that will ever be a thing. Right now they are collecting free cash just re-releasing content at a snails pace. They will probably do TBC once Vanilla is done and squeeze 2 years of free cash out of that too rinse and repeat until who knows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Progression servers would of been great, but Blizzard is stubborn and stupid so who knows if that will ever be a thing. Right now they are collecting free cash just re-releasing content at a snails pace. They will probably do TBC once Vanilla is done and squeeze 2 years of free cash out of that too rinse and repeat until who knows.
I expect the timeline will be as such:
Q4 2020 Shadowlands
Q3 2021 Another round of classic start Progression servers at 6-8 months per expansion release (some expacs get delayed for "technical reasons" but really just to push them to not coincide with 2022 Expansion)

Prog servers are just too good of a way to get people to maintain their subs yearlong instead of the massive influx and departure that WoW gets when new expansions and content updates drop. The way they structured their first round of classic is good from a "purist" perspective, but to really get people to keep playing (and SUBBING) you gotta throw "new" content in their face constantly with still enough time that people don't feel they are getting left behind. 5 Months per raidzone is just too long and leads to gear saturation as well, so when new content DOES drop it's even easier than it would be normally.

Also 25 man from the start if they aren't going to retune raid mechanics (idk how you do 4 horsemen with 25 I didn't do the WOTLK version).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I expect the timeline will be as such:
Q4 2020 Shadowlands
Q3 2021 Another round of classic start Progression servers at 6-8 months per expansion release (some expacs get delayed for "technical reasons" but really just to push them to not coincide with 2022 Expansion)

Prog servers are just too good of a way to get people to maintain their subs yearlong instead of the massive influx and departure that WoW gets when new expansions and content updates drop. The way they structured their first round of classic is good from a "purist" perspective, but to really get people to keep playing (and SUBBING) you gotta throw "new" content in their face constantly with still enough time that people don't feel they are getting left behind. 5 Months per raidzone is just too long and leads to gear saturation as well, so when new content DOES drop it's even easier than it would be normally.

Also 25 man from the start if they aren't going to retune raid mechanics (idk how you do 4 horsemen with 25 I didn't do the WOTLK version).

New Classic servers need to fix the mistakes of Classic "Season 1"

No spell batching

Progressive Loot Tables

Re-tuned/harder mobs/bosses/

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
New Classic servers need to fix the mistakes of Classic "Season 1"

No spell batching

Progressive Loot Tables

Re-tuned/harder mobs/bosses/
Id like to see meme specs fixed a bit too or dual spec.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Id like to see meme specs fixed a bit too or dual spec.

Then it's no longer Classic

Undoing the rumoured/alleged nerfs to mobs/bosses, is a revert rather than an addition.

Oh yeah, the buff cap bullshit should also be finally fixed. Seems like the 32 buff cap is a coding legacy, rather than a game decision.

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Then it's no longer Classic

Undoing the rumoured/alleged nerfs to mobs/bosses, is a revert rather than an addition.

Oh yeah, the buff cap bullshit should also be finally fixed. Seems like the 32 buff cap is a coding legacy, rather than a game decision.
Neither are the things you asked for.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Neither are the things you asked for.

haha rofl wrong. You seem to be missing the point. The second you add new content to classic, whether that's dungeons/raids or game balancing decisions, it's no longer classic but classic+

Everything I listed would be a reversion back to how it was in Vanilla, rather than Classic+

Spell batching is artifical lag coded into the classic client to replicate weird things that happened in game as a result of 2004 internet speeds.

Progressive loot tables means not starting the game with items/gear that didn't drop until later patches.

Undoing alleged nerfs to mobs/bosses that took place in 1.12 or pre-TBC is not "new classic+ content either"

Get a clue before your next reply, pls

• 1Faggotry

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
haha rofl wrong. You seem to be missing the point. The second you add new content to classic, whether that's dungeons/raids or game balancing decisions, it's no longer classic but classic+

Everything I listed would be a reversion back to how it was in Vanilla, rather than Classic+

Spell batching is artifical lag coded into the classic client to replicate weird things that happened in game as a result of 2004 internet speeds.

Progressive loot tables means not starting the game with items/gear that didn't drop until later patches.

Undoing alleged nerfs to mobs/bosses that took place in 1.12 or pre-TBC is not "new classic+ content either"

Get a clue before your next reply, pls
No retuning is not classic. Look you fucking dumb eurocuck. What you want is a vanilla like experience. That is not classic and that's okay, but don't drool out on your keyboard no changes while asking for a bunch of changes to classic WoW,

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
No retuning is not classic. Look you fucking dumb eurocuck. What you want is a vanilla like experience. That is not classic and that's okay, but don't drool out on your keyboard no changes while asking for a bunch of changes to classic WoW,

" New Classic servers need to fix the mistakes of Classic "Season 1" "

Fucking hell you're dumb.

I'm arguing for a better, more Vanilla like Classic with a better game engine (eg no artificially coded lag)

You are suggesting balance changes - which then become Vanilla/Classic+ and a new game experience entirely

• 1Faggotry

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Reading this thread I sorta feel like a pos lol
Im on Skeeram and they had our gates set to open months before phase 5 and I havent even ran AQ20 or 40 lol

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone buy my gold from me so I can get some Taco Bell.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im on Skeeram and they had our gates set to open months before phase 5 and I havent even ran AQ20 or 40 lol
My buddy plays there and keeps telling me transfer. Once I saw the zero alliance population, I said nope!

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

1 of the 2 guilds on alliance Skeram have cleared AQ40 except for Visc already. I don't follow the other one.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/lfg looking for 3 Dps, 1 heal 1 tank for scholomance

notice something? Many don't. When the group fills up and they get confused and ask what my role is, I just say "I'm not going, I just like making groups"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah who knows if they'll do another classic. When EQ started doing them they were like a few years apart. hopefully TBC server tho!!!!