World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If they where truly big brain they would add in transmog. With all the changes there is zero reason why that massive quality life fix and more importantly carrot on a stick shouldnt be in.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they where truly big brain they would add in transmog. With all the changes there is zero reason why that massive quality life fix and more importantly carrot on a stick shouldnt be in.

What I really expect to see down the road is the ability to earn achievements/transmogs/mounts/etc on Classic that are account wide and thus usable in retail. When the numbers on these start to really flounder that's just a huge pile of subs they can score on the spot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What I really expect to see down the road is the ability to earn achievements/transmogs/mounts/etc on Classic that are account wide and thus usable in retail. When the numbers on these start to really flounder that's just a huge pile of subs they can score on the spot.
Yeah, I think this should have been implemented from the start.

But I'm actually totally against transmog on classic servers. The ability to determine someone's gear level visually by what they're wearing is one of the more iconic things about Classic pvp.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, I agree with Big Phoenix Big Phoenix . Add in tmog. But I admit I really like the changes if I was willing to give these asshats money or had the time to deal with a serious MMO. Is WoW serious though?

if I had this IP I would totally be running “seasons” like arpgs.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
This is how world buffs work for every class. Did you never wipe on a raid and continue raiding with no world buffs? Spoiler: Fury warriors still topped the charts
This is so wrong. With no debuff slot management, rogues and locks will top the charts. Fury’s with no crit, smell ya later.

Maybe even a meta where you stack hunters and let them hunters mark the boss.

• 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazing news, I've been waiting for fresh classic for a while and the world buff changes are amazing. Reading all the cries from people saying they wont play without world buffs is just so fucking cringe.

The reality from TLP players is, we know that the playerbase will love quality of life, they just are stubborn as fuck and want things "the way they were" even to their own detriment.

Dual spec in classic would be a resounding success. Only DPS fuckbois would think otherwise.

You would have to do some deep diving in the blizzard forum comments to find it but the community manager did confirm they are nerfing mage boosting on the beta servers to see how to deal with it.

1633044013071.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Already did this for 2 years on Classic, no reason to revisit this. Same shit with Blizzad good change just too long after the fact.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Improving difficulty? That's actually a good change. If only someone could get that info over to Daybreak Games.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone is going to do this I would prefer it over the TBC server since I am behind the curve.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’m just excited for the summoning stones really. Had so many people leave group because there was no summon.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gonna be funny if they just slap something like mitigation of the mighty on wow raid bosses too and call it a day.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will be interesting to see how they nerf boosting... besides just a huge nerf to mob exp, or maybe if you don't do any damage you don't get any exp.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will be interesting to see how they nerf boosting... besides just a huge nerf to mob exp, or maybe if you don't do any damage you don't get any exp.

There's a few ways to accomplish it.

Adding mobs that are immune to chill.
Adding mobs that silence/root/chill/teleport.
AOE caps like the 20/6 rule.
Tinkering with leashing code by the time a mob has not done damage rather than the time a mob hasn't been damaged.
Further restricting # of instances.

Really the skys the limit to what they can do. It sounds like they want to specifically target the instances that are an issue. They state maraudon but ZG is just as much of an issue so a more behind the scenes approach would be better than adding mobs.

I don't really want them to nerf mage AOEing per se because it's honestly not as big of a problem in the open world to level up solo and might have broader issues in other parts of the game but at the same time, they need to be careful they dont just shift the meta to just adding more mages to effectively do the same end result with just less boostee's.

For instance everquest locking all the colorflux spells to the same timer, you just added more enchanters and wala, like nothing changed.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just thought about the hunter class quests that require kiting that might be an issue with leashing code as well... Like I said, there's bound to be issues in the broader game if they change things. I do like the idea of pathing nodes but what if these idiots find a new route? Maybe a completely different instance? Not completely squashing this shit is pretty important to those giving them a chance.

The probably easiest change is just threatening bans for exploiting pathing and letting the karens police the server.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just add some exp mod where if you are -/+ X amount of levels you cant get exp like they have in EQ.