World of Warcraft: Classic

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Lot of misconceptions here. You don't need to actually delete the character, if you want you can keep playing non-hc or move it to another server, it'll just lose HC verification status so it's out for any HC events.

DC/griefing deaths can be appealed with video evidence and struck from the record. This is a manual review process which is why I expect Blizzard's implementation will be worse since they probably won't want to make that effort.

I wouldn't consider that time wasted in any case. I'm sure all of us have a bunch of characters with raid gear/achieves etc that we no longer play. Was that time wasted if you enjoyed playing?
Yeah as much as I loathe the thought of an appeal I don't see this type of server working without it. The time commitment is to high and I've already seen tons of griefing videos, disconnect deaths, etc. When there is no process to reclaim a character after an unfair death everyone will just quit.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My brother and I have started doing something... different... on the unofficial Hardcore Mode server, Bloodsail. We started characters that are NOT using the Hardcore plugin.

While we will play other characters WITH the Hardcore plugin on this server, we also wanted to play characters in old classic WoW that could actually get to level 50 and raid with out having to kill them off and start over every time they died.

So... why play on Bloodsail where the majority of the Hardcore mode people are playing right? Simple. We like the fact that there are tons of people everywhere on the server instead of how on other WoW Classic servers, you don't see anyone except at high levels now that those servers have been around a long time. It just feels better playing on a server where you actually see other people playing as well.

So yeah... we are going to play normal Classic on a majority hardcore classic server lol. Going to start a guild named something like "Not So Hardcore" or something eventually lol.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why? just play on the Whitemane cluster, you're not going to see people beyond the lvl 30 zones because 90% of them die by the 20s. Whitemane is very popular, and you only really have to deal with no skill 60s ganking constantly in the early lvl 20s pvp zones

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You do NOT want to play non-hc on the HC server. Just put youtube on on your second monitor if you need to see random movement out of the corner of your eye. That is the only thing you are gaining playing there.

Trust me i accidently rolled on the "HC" server during SOM without knowing. All HC players are effectively just bots to you who steal resources and quest mobs. On SOM only half the players were HC and that server experience was just aids. On bloodsail 99% are HC players.

These people will never group with you, never assist you, never trade with you, never Contribute to an economy/AH, never join your guild, never take turns on quest mobs or anything. To you they are just selfish asshole bots with chatgpt level ai for zone chat. "Barrens chat" "9/11 was an inside job" "feminine penis" tranny chat isnt worth playing on HC unless you are also HC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah if you want classic experience and play beyond 60 raiding and other such shit, HC servers are not the play. Pick a side and look up population numbers on the classic servers. Most servers are heavily skewed these days either 99% horde or 99% Ally, so make sure you choose the right one. Also HC challenge is to GET to lv60, many dont even go beyond, gearing and such post 60, they roll up another HC and do it all again. So if its running dungeons and radidng is your thing , lol, HC is not it.

Also, there is plenty of people around. Im on a mostly ally WOTLK server and see tons of people leveling up. Im sure the pop is heavily skewed for the upper levels but there is PLENTY of people. Also while questing you dont want 100 people there competing for mobs and quest items anyway that shit was aids back when I played on OG vanilla whitemaine. And the dungeons are all cross realm group finder anyway by this point and people spamming LFG all day long I had to turn the shit off.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really want to play turtle wow when I actually have time for it.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
You do NOT want to play non-hc on the HC server. Just put youtube on on your second monitor if you need to see random movement out of the corner of your eye. That is the only thing you are gaining playing there.

Trust me i accidently rolled on the "HC" server during SOM without knowing. All HC players are effectively just bots to you who steal resources and quest mobs. On SOM only half the players were HC and that server experience was just aids. On bloodsail 99% are HC players.

These people will never group with you, never assist you, never trade with you, never Contribute to an economy/AH, never join your guild, never take turns on quest mobs or anything. To you they are just selfish asshole bots with chatgpt level ai for zone chat. "Barrens chat" "9/11 was an inside job" "feminine penis" tranny chat isnt worth playing on HC unless you are also HC.
this. playing on obsidian edge during SOM was fucking awful lol

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My brother and I have started doing something... different... on the unofficial Hardcore Mode server, Bloodsail. We started characters that are NOT using the Hardcore plugin.

While we will play other characters WITH the Hardcore plugin on this server, we also wanted to play characters in old classic WoW that could actually get to level 50 and raid with out having to kill them off and start over every time they died.

So... why play on Bloodsail where the majority of the Hardcore mode people are playing right? Simple. We like the fact that there are tons of people everywhere on the server instead of how on other WoW Classic servers, you don't see anyone except at high levels now that those servers have been around a long time. It just feels better playing on a server where you actually see other people playing as well.

So yeah... we are going to play normal Classic on a majority hardcore classic server lol. Going to start a guild named something like "Not So Hardcore" or something eventually lol.

Mankirk on Alliance is mega populated with a big economy and every zone is full of every lvl.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If there is a fresh classic server firing up I think I'll be actually devoting time to it. I really want to play some MMO.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Blizzard dev probably going to announce official HC servers tomorrow after this event. That or he's transitioning. It's a 59/41% chance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If there is a fresh classic server firing up I think I'll be actually devoting time to it. I really want to play some MMO.
They had the season of mastery thing going on last year or so? I rolled on one of them and went to 60 and farmed some AV goodness for a couple of weeks and then I stopped. They were fresh vanilla servers. But who the fuck knows if they will be doing that again.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Haha Blizzard adding HC classic realms officially to classic. They have no creative talent at this fucking company.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they hired that chick from EQ like 3 years ago to breathe new life into progression/classic and this is all they’ve come up with?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With Holly Longdale in charge I fully expect them do to a progression server but it probably won't launch until after WotLK Classic has hit ICC and people have had enough time to get bored with it. No one is looking forward to Cataclysm classic but it will be an excellent time to launch a progression server. It's what I think makes the most business sense.