World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm 8-10 hours ahead but I work nights, so daytime US :p My days-off hours are ~10am-1am or so East coast.

I still haven't even touched my shaman on hyjal yet though, I want the heirloom rings (but my shipyard isn't even level 3 so I might just say fuck it and start leveling him after I do some Invasion stuff this weekend).

xzi

Mouthbreather
Think I got every Archaeology thing within a week during whatever expac I actually cared to raise it and do it (maybe MoP?). I guess I was lucky??? Although I seem to have lost all the BoA shit from it; are those gainable again if I did Archy on another character?

They're gainable if you have them on another character, yes. They're not considered Heirlooms though which is kind of goofy, but they are still BoA

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Think I got every Archaeology thing within a week during whatever expac I actually cared to raise it and do it (maybe MoP?). I guess I was lucky??? Although I seem to have lost all the BoA shit from it; are those gainable again if I did Archy on another character?
Yes, you're lucky as shit. Getting all the stuff for the Tol'Vir is frustrating as shit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like the ilevel upgrades drop in the invasions as well I got a couple along with a two handed mace on my warrior. So deffinately do NOT spend your nether shards on them unless you purchased everything else you may want first.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can you get weapons that don't work for your class or do I have to run alts I otherwise don't care about to get the other stuff?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You get items that you can use. One time I got a Glaive, but I dont know if that was a fluke or what because my Monk cant use it. To get the skins for other weapons, you'll have to play a class that can use it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You get items that you can use. One time I got a Glaive, but I dont know if that was a fluke or what because my Monk cant use it. To get the skins for other weapons, you'll have to play a class that can use it.

That might be a bug or just a random/rare xmog because i can buy the glaive for 100 shards from the vendor but no other weapons.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Guide to invasions for players on the low pop faction of a PvP realm:

1) Fly to invasion
2) Stay on flying mount
3) Wait

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Glaive is BOA and can drop for other classes, because people who didn't preorder can't play Demonhunters right now, and they didn't want to lock those folks out of getting the appearance on launch.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What the fuck does faction have to do with it? I don't think I have bothered to kill a demon since the first one or two times after that it's been afk free loot time.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What the fuck does faction have to do with it? I don't think I have bothered to kill a demon since the first one or two times after that it's been afk free loot time.

The 896 other players pvp flagged who will obliterate you. If you want extra shards it's just a corpse run over and over on each named.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Boxes gives 10-60 shards. The event isnt set up very well for active involvement for sure.

Malkav

French Madman
I kinda think they should have put the armor pieces on the vendor too.

Right now, trying to get every slot is completely RNG with a lot of duplicates.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You can buy the sets at least for transmog for 200 shards but I dont think it's worth it really.. Plus keep in mind you guys have like a whole month of this shit.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For the first time ever I don't think I'll continue playing my hunter and am looking for another energy using class to continue with. Does anyone have any beta experience with ferals, windwalker, or rogues that they don't mind sharing?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yep. Meaning no dagger skin for me, because apparently, it drops only for rogues even if you can use on a caster dagger...