World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the info, guys. I guess I won't bother to "try", but it if happens, I'll jump in.

I figure at this point, the money doesn't really matter when a new xpac is about to hit and all the things I'll need, will come from dungeons and then raiding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you really need money have a gathering profession and spend your time harvesting like a MOFO for the first week of the expansion. There are a shit load of people with more money than sense who are going to be buying up gobs of harvested items to feed double crafter characters.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just to be sure I have this understood.

Artifacts:

First Quest - choose for whatever spec you want.

I am guessing the first one you choose should be for your leveling spec. But don't blow any Artifact Juice on it if you don't want it to be your final build. What if the artifact ability is simply too clutch? Example. Like Miele has said, the WW monk artifact power is NUTS. Powerful cone punch ability that has a low cooldown. Ideal for mowing shit down while leveling.

Level 102 - Get the reamaining artifact weapons for your other specs.

These could be for your main spec or whatever.

So, how much Artifact Juice are we sacrificing if we take an extremely useful artifact weapon power? Preach Gaming said this expansion is less about the race to 110 (which I find hard to believe, but whatever).

The first 13 points in an artifact are fairly quick to collect, the 14th point alone costs more than the previous 13 combined.

You unlock a 2nd artifact at 102 if I recall correctly and the 3rd at level cap (which I didn't ever do in beta).
If you spend 13 points in the WW artifact, you'll level faster and you can get the same amount of AP in a couple hours in Suramar.

So if you plan to play MW for example, don't bother saving AP drops for Sheilun, it's more efficient to drop them in the WW fists and grind drops later (which means those 13 points will be helpul later on, as grinding as WW is faster).

If by some twisted reasoning you want to grind BrM as well, I'd wait to build some artifact knowledge for that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There are plenty of ways to make gold and be completely lazy. The toy farm was just a good limited time payday. I farmed about 8 more today which all sold between 10k-15k.

But other likes like the Huge Ogre Cache that gives 1k garrison resources. They went from like 400-500g each up to 10k because of demon hunters. Crafted leather and Agi pieces are making bank now too.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Farming those is an absolute crapshoot I think. I got on the train too late
I messed up at first and had joined a group that was spread out all over the city looking for them. F that.... join the dozens and dozens of groups that pop up that already have the thing spawned, fly your ass over to wherever the raid leader is, and kill, loot, repeat. Set the pre group finder to refresh every 5 seconds, and auto join and then decline the group unless its like Dread UP! or has some indication it's already spawned. Decline any group that is like "farm" or whatever as you're going to get 1 an hour maybe?

Got 5 last night, and another 2 this morning, but it had slowed down, and I got a little bored so stopped.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I mean I almost wanted to kill myself farming for them. I'll just do whatever the big money makers in the expansion are

Dalien

Registered Hodor
You unlock a 2nd artifact at 102 if I recall correctly and the 3rd at level cap (which I didn't ever do in beta).

As of last week you can get both the second and third at 102. You'll get a quest for the 2nd at 102 and once you turn that in the quest for the 3rd immediately pops.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are plenty of ways to make gold and be completely lazy. The toy farm was just a good limited time payday. I farmed about 8 more today which all sold between 10k-15k.

But other likes like the Huge Ogre Cache that gives 1k garrison resources. They went from like 400-500g each up to 10k because of demon hunters. Crafted leather and Agi pieces are making bank now too.

Yup the fun of every pre patch and first couple weeks of an expansion. If you don't need something and its sellable check the price some random stuff starts selling for cray cray amounts. I paid my way through 6 months of subscriptions by selling a BOE shield I got 4 days into WOD that was a 645ilevel purple raid quality shield. I put it up for 200k and it sold in about 5 minutes. I was like holy shit thats more money than I had ever seen at that point followed shortly by the thought damn I could have asked for a lot more apparently.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I sold shit in WoD early on, but got bored very quickly. I made mostly weapon enchants, up to 25k each and 1k for the crappy one.

Then I figured out gold missions... :D

xzi

Mouthbreather
WoD enchanting early on was absurd how much money I was making. And people were selling mats for like 5k less than a full enchant was going for. Spend 20k, make 25k. repeat for days lmao

I'm still a chanter for this expansion and probably will forever be now that they can make mounts and pets and shit. But herb at the beginning of all expansions has always been good no matter what. Looking forward to that, and making sure I have my sky golem ready at all times

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching people turn into dreadlords and kill all the people hanging around the AH/Mailbox or just afk in the gathering spots is hilarious.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a heads up. If the demon charms you and you do not do damage after the charm, you get no loot. Stupid mechanic.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was in westfall leveling a rogue, invasion comes, I went from 12 to 17 and got pretty good rewards for that level. While not even near the event.

Edit : So 12 to 21 for 2 invasions :p

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, wow I just did them on a new char for the hell of it and you get like 3+ levels per invasion at least for sub 60. It's crazy good exp.

Malkav

French Madman
Yea, wow I just did them on a new char for the hell of it and you get like 3+ levels per invasion at least for sub 60. It's crazy good exp.

Haha thanks for the tip. Have a 71 monk to level. With full heirloom+monk xp buff it's still about 1 lvl/invasion.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, if you're leveling alts. Invasions offer INSANE experience. I got two levels off of one. Only in the 30s but still. Very nice.

Malkav

French Madman
So, if you're leveling alts. Invasions offer INSANE experience. I got two levels off of one. Only in the 30s but still. Very nice.

And it's still at the 2 every 4 hours stage. Imagine when they ramp it up to like 2 every hour.