World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yep, they just replied:

It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.

Source

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You are all Horde and I am a committed gnome for life :( (and my Horde characters are all feeble)
Bro, Gnomes are by far my favorite class, and all of Alliance I like better. Stormwind > Org. But I made the switch to be with my pals! DO IT!

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Keystone's are awesome fort tanks and healers. Just find a pug, clear it quickly for easy loot and repeat. Glad to give blizzard props for this system

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
God I'm having total trouble playing destro lock, under performing hard for my gear....might have to try and learn demo instead (heard its clearly better most of the time now too)

To bad affliction blows, got super used to it from soloing/leveling

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm thinking it bugged on me or I'll have something in the mailbox when I check after work (hopefully the latter). Poured over some threads elsewhere and not a single person reported getting nothing/coins. Everyone seems to be getting gear and/or keystone, at least.
Sounds like a Nomi-style worktable bug.

When there's too many people in Nomi's kitchen, his table bugs out. You click, nothing opens, and you see that his work order count has dropped, which means you "looted" it.

After a while, the Postmaster sends you a mail with the content of the table. Usually, I get at least one "Retrieving item information" item which will eventually get its information after a couple hours (no, relogging and removing addons does not fix the "retrieving" issue).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think the part that bugs people the most about the "In Nightmares" and "Essence of Power" is that it was never advertised as a cosmetic-only reward. The quest itself, which already has a lot of parts, talks nothing about "You need to werk gurl, come on up and we gonna make dat shit ovah" but rather "It is time to tap its true potential" and other such verbage which suggested that this was a means to make a substantial upgrade to the artifact down the way ala the multi-patch quests seen in MoP and WoD.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
hah, typical. just did world boss on my alt hunter...got a legendary (the belt)...only done 4 days of wq and 1 world boss, and 0 dungeons on him....still bugger all on my main

edit: seems its even the best legendary for BM right now. Seems really petty to be miffed about it dropping as its rather nice but just wish it was on my main!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I guess you can speed up the process by running it on normal and heroic?
If it's like WOD, you get flagged for quest drop by boss, not by difficulty.

I wouldn't be surprised if, despite the fact it can't drop in LFR, killing a boss in LFR will prevent you from getting the essence in "normal" raids.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Seems about right, isn't the belt the best one you can get on the hunter too? still no legendary here while i see other people with 2+ at this rate ill have 2 legendary slots unlocked before i get 1 drop.

Ah didn't know that applied to quest items, i know you can get loot from normal and heroic in the same week, is that new in legion?

i think you can also randomly proc titan forge in lfr for 860? probably better off just running mythics at that point though.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So literally no reason to run LFR it seems?

Well if your gear is not up to par ilevel wise it can help. It can drop tier pieces that have the raid teir look so not useless but again they have devauled LFR. I think they really hope it just withers on the vine so they can axe it at some point. Still tourist mode is at least a nice way to get a look at the fights for people without any real fuss or bother.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I ran the LFR yesterday, got 2 pieces of loot, neither being an upgrade which is sad since all I have is from WQ, Quests and Normal Dungeons. Haven't done a Heroic or Mythic dungeon yet.

So that was disappointing, I guess they can roll higher the base 835, so I'll get upgrades at some point. It was rather easy of course, we failed on the big eye thingy, people didn't know you had to leave the room so half the raid died there. It was flawless the second attempt.

I did get 3 Inscription recipe, one from each boss.

First day of the LFR available, and people were raging that people didn't know the mechanics.

Are world boss only 1 boss per week?

I got screwed with the patch, I had an Archeology quest that said I had 8 days left to complete it, and it was gone after the patch. I got a new one, so I guess I'll make sure I'll complete that one before the next patch.

I'm still having a lot of fun, unlocked 1 more step in the Nightfallen chain yesterday, and 1 on the Illidian chain. I got rank 5 in Artifact Research, so I guess I can go try to get the Havoc hidden appearance in Suramar now.

I need to play my monk more, he ran out of guild hall ressources. :)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One world boss per week like WOD. The LFR stuff is not super rewarding but the stuff can proc upgrades like the WQ do so it is another pathway to get higher WQ level gear and there are tier pieces in there I believe with a set piece bonuses so if they proc for you better than the pure WQ normal dungeon stuff that does not have any set piece bonuses.