World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No. I just think they made some of the legendaries too good. If they were all close to equal, it would be perfectly fine. It's the items effectiveness I have a problem with not how/when they are gotten.

And that's only in "progression vaccum", where your dps is important and you can be sat if you are not competitive. If I wasn't in a mythic progression guild I wouldn't care.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're pretty fucking stupid if you think this needs to be expected in mmos. Ffxiv had a perfectly acceptable system where a boss drops tokens u can eventually trade in for gear, in addition to the rng of getting the item to outright drop for you. Rng is fine but there should be a way to slowly progress towards a goal, even if just a little. Completing a whole raid zone and have it be a 100% waste of time is bad game design.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And you're pretty fucking stupid to be upset about running 1 raid for the week and not getting something from it personally(ignoring all the things for guildmates).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was a pug and you're not even acknowledging my point. There's a better way go read my post again

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You ran a raid and didn't get anything? So? Get over it, it happens.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha. Really? So I guess you agree a token system would be better than pure Rng? Anyways feels like I'm talking to qwerty which is my cue to stop

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No what it sounds like is he wants some kind of participation reward. Say you get 3 of X every boss and you need 50 to buy a piece of gear. In a sense the "I deserve something every time crowd", because apparently not getting something for a single raid for that lockout is too much for his fragile mind.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, that's ideally where Crafting would fill in the blanks for those folks. Craft a raid level piece of gear... only requires 50 "Raid Boss Skulls" as material...

If you're collecting dragon scales or something to make some raid-level mail it at least makes sense RPG-wise, vs magical tokens NPCs are willing to exchange their apparent massive cache of raid loot they aren't willing to loan you to defeat the lich king.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I mean, that's ideally where Crafting would fill in the blanks for those folks. Craft a raid level piece of gear... only requires 50 "Raid Boss Skulls" as material...

If you're collecting dragon scales or something to make some raid-level mail it at least makes sense RPG-wise, vs magical tokens NPCs are willing to exchange their apparent massive cache of raid loot they aren't willing to loan you to defeat the lich king.
Freaking jews man

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gave tokens as an example but even a crafting related system would be decent. Basically something to work towards everytime you kill a mob.
Cinge you're either an idiot or intentionally manipulating/ignoring my point, not sure which is worse. Acknowledging there are potentially better options than rng as the only basis for a reward is a reasonable discussion. concentrating on my butthurt because you have no actual well formed thoughts to contribute is pretty sad to watch unfold. Keep calling me out with the 'u mad bro?' stuff though, I'm sure it will go somewhere amazing

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I gave tokens as an example but even a crafting related system would be decent. Basically something to work towards everytime you kill a mob.
Cinge you're either an idiot or intentionally manipulating/ignoring my point, not sure which is worse. Acknowledging there are potentially better options than rng as the only basis for a reward is a reasonable discussion.

Ok. I'll concentrate on your point. Tokens & items that reward you after every kill is super fucking boring and results in everyone having the exact same gear obtained. It's also lazy design and fucking dull. MMORPGs have always had a large degree of RNG built into them and some people like you would like to reduce/eliminate that because you hate the idea of doing something without getting a reward at the end of it. Given the fact that you cited the fact that you went a whole week worth of lockouts without getting something as an example of how RNG screwed you over, I'm inclined to believe that Cinge's description of you is pretty fucking apt.

He did attempt to engage your discussion by saying that he feels that the key to good RNG is proper itemization (i.e. making sure there are no items that are so vastly superior that would make a player THAT much significantly better). I disagree with that premise still but I can at least stomach it. You're the one who was too fucking stupid or intentionally manipulating/ignoring his point, I'm not sure which is worse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Took me forever to get the Talisman of Ephemeral Power back in the day. But damned if I didn't pass on everything else until I got it. Sometimes it takes a while to get drops.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My jboots got slower that's for sure :p

On a serious note, for me windows for some reasons lowers the games sound all the way to almost zero when it starts up. I have to open the volume mixer to raise it back up to be equal with everything else. Super annoying.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah no clue. But if you want the most hilarious sound and at the same time pretty annoying, raid with gnome female warrior tank, who lets out a mouse-squeal every time they taunt or use ignore pain :p