World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
we got a couple of those on the way to mythic ursoc but discord was saying it could drop in heroic too?

Yea we got it out of heroic, it looks like just heroic trash drop items from Nighthold since the name was different than any of the other items in the journal loot log right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
True, but the games fundamental systems are changing. If they don't have a full artifact armor set and weapons next xpac I'd be surprised.
The Artefact Weapon system is probably going away; they'll replace it with something different. I don't think you're ever going to get armor at the start of the expansion and never ever replace it. Not enough loot means the main carrot of WoW would be gone.

Hidden Artifact appearance aside, the lack of weapon looting is bad. In my guild, most people HATE the relic system that replaces it. If I had to guess, I'd say that the Artifact "AA-like" system might migrate to a trinket or ring slot.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok. I'll concentrate on your point. Tokens & items that reward you after every kill is super fucking boring and results in everyone having the exact same gear obtained.
Everyone will have the same gear anyways because master looter exists. Take away master loot. Personal loot and no trade all the way!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Cleared Heroic EN in like three hours Tuesday so we have a whole night tonight to throw at Mythic Nythandra.

I really want to grind my second gold weapon talent before then.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Why do people hate the artifact / relic system? Is it because the ilevel is dependent on relics which are too random in terms of what artifact ability they modify? I actually think its nice because it prevents people from being completely fucked over due to lack of getting mega-uber-ultra drop of a weapon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why do people hate the artifact / relic system? Is it because the ilevel is dependent on relics which are too random in terms of what artifact ability they modify? I actually think its nice because it prevents people from being completely fucked over due to lack of getting mega-uber-ultra drop of a weapon.

I don't like it because there is no way for me to swap out relics. If I get three thrash relics that is what I want for my Guardian Druid for most fights but if I ever need the defensive stats from other relics I'd have to lose the thrash relics forever.

Relics aren't random on what ability they modify though. That is set on every relic.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't like it because there is no way for me to swap out relics. If I get three thrash relics that is what I want for my Guardian Druid for most fights but if I ever need the defensive stats from other relics I'd have to lose the thrash relics forever.

Relics aren't random on what ability they modify though. That is set on every relic.
This. Also want my artifact to have too weighted secondaries. Why do my gaurdian claws have crit...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finished Kara attunement last night. Anyone down to shred it up tonight?

Also, seriously. There is a trinket from Vault and Violet Hold that I really would like. But I NEVER see the bitches.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm totally down for Kara tonight, I need to do one final dungeon before I get my attunment.

Anyone hear that Kara has a higher Legendary drop rate?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Jokes on you game, I got shoes that let me have an instant heal every 3 minutes or something, no sephuz for me

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Relics are awful because it's equivalent to needing 3 weapons for every spec and you can't share any of them.

And AP is goofed because they took little thought into balancing how many utility points you are forced to take to reach a dps node.

For example, to get every dps node (incl bad ones) for assassinate costs under 800k AP and wastes 0 points. To get them all for sub takes 3.9 million with exactly a single 1 point node left open - IF you took a sub-optimal early path.

Yes, EVENTUALLY, you will have them all. Just like eventually you might have that one overpowered legendary that transforms your spec. But eventually does you no good when you need to be sat for progression.

They've taken that old "bring the player" mantra and gave it a beating with Lucille.

And yes obviously I'm rustled because I avoided assassination because of its usual limitation (horrible at anything that dies quickly, making it a crippling liability at times) and totally missed that it has an enormous advantage over everyone at current AP levels. And FFS, I don't even have 2x3 good relics for the specs I'm already using.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I only have the shield amulet. Will do things illegal in five states to get the Brewmaster chest piece.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I only have the shield amulet. Will do things illegal in five states to get the Brewmaster chest piece.

You're going to buy a V8 with a slightly more aggressive tuning??

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's probably illegal in like five states.

Trying to determine exactly what you're sacrificing here.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Cleared Heroic EN in like three hours Tuesday so we have a whole night tonight to throw at Mythic Nythandra.

I really want to grind my second gold weapon talent before then.

Wait, you don't even have your second gold dragon and you're getting into Mythic raiding? I have had my third for a while now... not that it's made that much of a fucking difference. Echoing Stars is one of the most pointless "boosts". 8% splash on Starfall ticks. If I go full Starfall/AOE spec, I can pull 1.2m dps on large packs, but single target drops into the shitter (160k). Otherwise, Echoing Stars does nil for boosting single target dps, and is a tragically small improvement for AOE if not spec'd into it completely.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm totally down for Kara tonight, I need to do one final dungeon before I get my attunment.

Anyone hear that Kara has a higher Legendary drop rate?

Increased challenge has a higher chance of dropping Legendaries. 855-875 loot means it is about as likely to drop legendaries as Heroic raids and M+6 to 9.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gold artifact traits look flashy and definitely make a 1-3% difference in most cases, but let's not think they should be some progression-gating mechanism.

I was curious about Kreugen's comment about total AP cost to get all the good traits for a spec.

Arms: 1.75M AP, wasted nodes: at least 6, maybe 9 if you spec into the WW talent to replace slam with WW in single target rotation.
Fury: 460k AP, wasted nodes: 3
Prot: 460k AP, wasted nodes: debatable since there's a lot of questionable utility on the way to and including the 3rd dragon. At least 4 nodes, upwards of 9.

Last edited: