World of Warcraft: Current Year

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Where me and you differ. Once you've had xavius on farm for 2 months why not move up to the next tier?
Because I don't feel like wiping on boss #1 again because of increased dmg and a few more mechanics? I don't feel like losing people because of the need to be more selective? I'm happy with H and losing any upgrades that drop to alts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can't count how many times my DBM spammed my chat with "Guild has engaged Mythic Helya" and the subsequent "Guild has wiped on Mythic Helya 90%" over and over. They seem to always want to throw themselves day after day, week after week until the content is defeated. They also reap the benefits of being able to sell raid spots to people to make money/gold on the side, when the content is on farm.

Of course this guild has been around for years and has built a community where everyone meshes well with each other. Hell, every year these nerds all gather together and everyone pitches in a $100 to rent some cabin that will house 40-50 people. Guildies who don't even play anymore go to the gatherings still every year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I can't count how many times my DBM spammed my chat with "Guild has engaged Mythic Helya" and the subsequent "Guild has wiped on Mythic Helya 90%" over and over. They seem to always want to throw themselves day after day, week after week until the content is defeated. They also reap the benefits of being able to sell raid spots to people to make money/gold on the side, when the content is on farm.

Of course this guild has been around for years and has built a community where everyone meshes well with each other. Hell, every year these nerds all gather together and everyone pitches in a $100 to rent some cabin that will house 40-50 people. Guildies who don't even play anymore go to the gatherings still every year.

That sounds amazing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I think a large, well-run guild with multiple raid teams is the way to go. Flex helps a lot with this as heroic tier teams can split up or merge as needed etc.

Not that I want to go out and find one.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Horde Hyjal has 1 I hear
We run... Uh... Let's see

Tuesday Wednesday is a small group that does through heroic EN at least. Thursday another alt group does normal en. Friday and Monday we do heroic EN, normal tov, and heroic ToV progression

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I just always want more +better gear

This is what it is for me. A big part of MMO RPG's is the gear/power increase. If I can't reliably do something that will upgrade my gear/power level, I will get bored and stop playing. Which is exactly what has happened in every expansion previous to this (since WotLK) when I was not able/willing to raid.

I like mythic+ a lot because it combines the endless source of gear upgrades with small group content, despite how frustrating it can be to PUG!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The icy veins one was written by a guy that doesn't even play the class and had an obvious disdain for the elemental spec from a raiding perspective. Take any information in that guide with some suspicion.

I have had some conflicting results simming elemental dps at different target levels. CL-EQ spam at 2+ targets, for this current patch, is equal or marginally better than FS and LB. Also, tab-targeting FS seems to be always a dps loss. That one's curious to me because tabbing dots is a no brainer. Maybe spending lots of extra maelstrom on FS is no good.

And I especially disagree with limiting EQ to 4+ targets, that makes no sense at all. Assuming the target will live through most of the EQ, which is much more of a possibility next patch, EQ does more damage per maelstrom at 2+ targets compared to ES.

Brikker Brikker
Just in case anyone was still following this, I'll retract my comment about FS dot tabbing. I was using AMR's Mythic+ script for simming, and I think it has a flaw in that it does not properly exercise all the different pull size's for sustained DPS. Thus, it made FS tabbing look bad because at adds died in larger pulls, the pack would suddenly satisfy the requirement for putting up FS while ignoring that those targets were going to die soon too.

Anyway, I would still say using EQ at 2+ targets as your maelstrom dump is a good idea. Even if it's a slight dps loss, the knockdown effect should more than make up for it. Looking back at your original post, I would add on other minor detail: at three targets, lava burst should only be used if you have surge proc. I don't think the incoming buff to lava burst will change that.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
AK is Bobby Kotick level of evil. If you let your sub lapse while waiting for content, you take it up the ass like this is Everquest or something.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I never got people's desire to do mythic raids

I'm into doing the hardest possible thing just to see if I can. Cruise control in heroics/normies gets so old, just like it is to wipe to the same boss 250 times. Gotta know your group's limitations. Mythic makes fights actually challenging, though a lot of the fights can be to tied to RNG, and if one player gets fucked, the whole raid goes down. That style of encounter chews at my nerves.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Brikker Brikker
Just in case anyone was still following this, I'll retract my comment about FS dot tabbing. I was using AMR's Mythic+ script for simming, and I think it has a flaw in that it does not properly exercise all the different pull size's for sustained DPS. Thus, it made FS tabbing look bad because at adds died in larger pulls, the pack would suddenly satisfy the requirement for putting up FS while ignoring that those targets were going to die soon too.

Anyway, I would still say using EQ at 2+ targets as your maelstrom dump is a good idea. Even if it's a slight dps loss, the knockdown effect should more than make up for it. Looking back at your original post, I would add on other minor detail: at three targets, lava burst should only be used if you have surge proc. I don't think the incoming buff to lava burst will change that.

thanks for the updates. Someone linked the Elemental Sham dedicated site (Storm, Earth, Lava? or something) which I didn't know existed. Been looking over that for info, seems pretty good?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
AK is Bobby Kotick level of evil. If you let your sub lapse while waiting for content, you take it up the ass like this is Everquest or something.

They reduce the days between AK levels the later you start playing. Someone who starts today could be within 2-3 AK of me in less than a month.

Right now I'm just curious what's going to happen when I reach 34 points. 720,000 AP for rank 32, and at AK 19, I get 29,000 AP per blue WQ and heroic raid bosses. ...even my offspecs nearly have all three dragons at this point.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That's what the 20 rank Golden trait is for. Also the fact they're adding Rank 4 to a lot (all?) of the traits in 7.1.5. You won't run out of things to put points in anytime soon.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am just happy they are adding a way to buy higher level AK ranks for alts. That way I will never feel the necessity to play my alt at all :D

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't understand why AK isn't just game wide...

They have all these stupid "catch up" mechanics and are adding those BoA compendiums... just give everyone a new level of AK every 5 days automatically...

The current system and their new BoA items are really stupid.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never got people's desire to do mythic raids

Because I don't feel like wiping on boss #1 again because of increased dmg and a few more mechanics? I don't feel like losing people because of the need to be more selective? I'm happy with H and losing any upgrades that drop to alts

I think you just need to accept that there are people who feel the opposite of you. Thankfully the game allows for both and many more.

Myself just sit in a semi-hardcore mythic guild. Only 3 nights a week for 3 hours. I wouldn't do anything past that most likely, as it would become "too much" for me personally. I will agree attrition is always a thing and I think that is one of the hardest things a mythic guild will deal with. Can you keep the roster healthy with incoming as people will always slowly trickle out(quit, stop raiding, move to another guild they think is better tc). If your guild can't keep up it will just collapse. Just a matter of having a group of people(officers usually) who don't mind recruiting on a constant basis.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
thanks for the updates. Someone linked the Elemental Sham dedicated site (Storm, Earth, Lava? or something) which I didn't know existed. Been looking over that for info, seems pretty good?

Yes, they definitely know more about elemental spec than I do. I can't quite explain why the elemental community at large, including that website, only advocates EQ at 4+ targets, but whatever. Take it as you may.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why AK isn't just game wide...

They have all these stupid "catch up" mechanics and are adding those BoA compendiums... just give everyone a new level of AK every 5 days automatically...

The current system and their new BoA items are really stupid.

I think AK was created by some execs in hopes of keeping people subscribed. But at the same time they fucked alts and are now trying to combine this shit somehow. The entire expansion suffers from lack of understanding of small details and their consequences.