World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
elemental shaman is looking pretty sweet in 7.1.5
might go back to my original main??!?

Does look sweet. Casters just bug the shit out of me. I can't stand cast bars and having so much of my damage disrupted by movement. Casting casting casting don't die you fucking mob...nope, he died, just before you finished, fuck your cast. And I'm too used to just hammering my dps abilities to select a new target when my current one dies. Casters can't do that!

Maybe I just like frantic, dual-wielders too much. Enhance has been very fun since I switched to it even though I know it can't pump out the AE that elemental can/will.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So asking if anyone knows where I can go to find their API queries is stupid? Alright then a_skeleton_03. Keep "scraping" the API though.
You know I meant scraping VIA the API but you wanted to show you knew what you are talking about so you took the free shot.

You then showed your stupidity by asking if you could do it via an in game script.

I have an idea ... ask them for their scripted queries. You could always sign up for API access kind of like I have. You know, how I made that spreadsheet you saw. Yet you thought I don't know how API's work.

Then do the queries yourself. It's real simple for you to "scrape" the information since you only need to do your character.

Or you can just continue trying to prove how smrtsy you are and find a word missing in this post and bitch that someone isn't handing you information on a silver platter. Information that is purely theoretical and reverse engineered guesswork. Should I explain what reverse engineering is or can you take it from here?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know I meant scraping VIA the API but you wanted to show you knew what you are talking about so you took the free shot.

You then showed your stupidity by asking if you could do it via an in game script.

I have an idea ... ask them for their scripted queries. You could always sign up for API access kind of like I have. You know, how I made that spreadsheet you saw. Yet you thought I don't know how API's work.

Then do the queries yourself. It's real simple for you to "scrape" the information since you only need to do your character.

Or you can just continue trying to prove how smrtsy you are and find a word missing in this post and bitch that someone isn't handing you information on a silver platter. Information that is purely theoretical and reverse engineered guesswork. Should I explain what reverse engineering is or can you take it from here?

You tell yourself whatever you need to. "Scraping" typically means trying to gather data from webpages themselves, not through backend queries. And you can run scripts in game that return the same data they are retrieving via whatever API they are calling. Like this one to track hidden artifact progress:

/run local g,s,x=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo,select,0 for i=1,11 do x=x+s(4,g(11152,i))end print(" WQs: "..s(4,g(11153,1)).."/"..s(5,g(11153,1)).."\rKills: "..s(4,g(11154,1)).."/"..s(5,g(11154,1)).."\rDungeons: "..x.."/"..s(5,g(11152,1:emoji_nose:

You just paste that in a chat window.

Next time I guess I'll be more gentle with your ego though and say "Hey bud, scraping typically refers to something else entirely and I think they're running actual queries. Anyone know where I can find some of those queries?"

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You tell yourself whatever you need to.
Says the guy who doesn't understand the initial post yet has issue with one of the few people in this thread that he knows has worked with the API quite a bit.

Yeah no clue why you don't have the information you are looking for. No clue at all why people aren't bending over backwards to get you schooled up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Jesus Christ a_skeleton_03, I wasn't insulting you at all. I was clarifying and reiterating what I was asking. Stop being such a fucking woman.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not The Stuff of Dreams since I completed that in LFR as we. I have two quests from Suramar that require me to do a normal EN.

I care :( My ePeen must be max size.

Which quests? I'm pretty sure they're for the alternate artifact appearances/color-schemes (and are completely optional for the Suramar storyline).

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Which quests? I'm pretty sure they're for the alternate artifact appearances/color-schemes (and are completely optional for the Suramar storyline).

You are right. The quests are under a Artifact tab. This means I dont have the nighthold quest line or whatever the fuck that thing is that rolls over every week.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have been getting to itch to play again but every time they release a new Q&A it really seems like they just hate their fucking player base.

The constant reworking ok stats and skills and rotations on top of the rng on rng system and overturning bullshit just to artificially extend the number of months people will pay for content is just frustrating. I can just wait until the last patch of the expasion that will last 12-18 months when AP isn't gated and legendaries drop like candy and see 99.9% of this shit. :(

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't understand why Khane doesn't go to the original thread I posted and ask the guy who actually ran the query what he used for it. It literally boggles my mind why he would ask here instead of there.

Khane

Because it's not imperative but I was wondering if anyone here might know and give a quick response. Because I don't feel like creating an account on MMO-Champion. Because I feel like pissing you off for asking a question. Because I want to offend you as much as possible for trying to have a discussion on a goddamn forum.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
or maybe it's just because he is a selfish soulless ginger douche.
I feel like this is actually the proper answer.

Khane Khane - You're not pissing me off, you're making me think you might be borderline autistic though. Remember that time you told me bear tanks couldn't get over like 120k dps or something, shit was hilarious.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have been getting to itch to play again but every time they release a new Q&A it really seems like they just hate their fucking player base.

The constant reworking ok stats and skills and rotations on top of the rng on rng system and overturning bullshit just to artificially extend the number of months people will pay for content is just frustrating. I can just wait until the last patch of the expasion that will last 12-18 months when AP isn't gated and legendaries drop like candy and see 99.9% of this shit. :(
Do you mean you don't want to completely change your warrior rotation again with Thunderclap?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Do you mean you don't want to completely change your warrior rotation again with Thunderclap?
If that's all the change meant for us I'd have no issue with it. Taking Devastate off the talent bar for Devastator instead makes us less Warrior and more Havoc DH with Demon's Blades, and just no. Fuck that. Strangest way to play ever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If that's all the change meant for us I'd have no issue with it. Taking Devastate off the talent bar for Devastator instead makes us less Warrior and more Havoc DH with Demon's Blades, and just no. Fuck that. Strangest way to play ever.
CPoJMcVUwAAf03B.jpg