World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In theory the system is great. The problem is they made all these output legendaries where the utility ones weren't on the same % of effectiveness.

Also the drop is way too low. We're one year in now, at this point people should have all their legendaries.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Targeting gear in this xpac is fucking dumb and blizzard should feel fucking horrible. The difference between classes that need certain legos and trinkets (from previous tier) is just fucking god awful. They can seriously go suck a dick on this one.

The team appreciates your feedback

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Let's start a Go Fund Me, so that we can pay off Red Shirt Guy to blast the fuck outta them when he gets his question in at this year's Blizzcon!

Re-watching Red Shirt guy is fucking awesome. I love this guy!

Last edited:

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any chance they are going to go away from this Diablo style loot bullshit and non stop fucking grind in the new xpac? I miss this game but they totally ruined it for me with this bullshit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Any chance they are going to go away from this Diablo style loot bullshit and non stop fucking grind in the new xpac? I miss this game but they totally ruined it for me with this bullshit.

Hahahahahahahaa

no

They 'learned their lesson' so they will make it so there's DOZENS of legendaries next expac so that fewer people get the good ones so it's not as impactful!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welfare legos for all. I can't wait for 8.0 when we get legendary gear sets, where we have to farm 27 relics for each slot to maximize our effectiveness.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Legendary will be the new raid tier, and they'll have to create a new one like "Ultra" or "Wombo" with a new color, like red or yellow.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Legendary will be the new raid tier, and they'll have to create a new one like "Ultra" or "Wombo" with a new color, like red or yellow.
Probably red to match Primal armor from Diablo. Lazy ass fuckers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
time to just remove loot with stats and ascend to the only thing that matters in videogames

style and transmogs

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm fully expecting artifact armor this next expac

Warforged Primal Ancient Gear coming to a raid near you. Not only can it proc higher ilvl, it can proc higher ilvl on it's higher ilvl so you can RNG on the RNG, but since it's rare it won't matter to the playerbase and will just be a bonus we promise.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
WoW is slowly creeping towards the Rich Evans school of game design

loljump.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The hindrance of upgrading, and getting a non upgraded piece was a minor nuissance, but at least when you got an upgrade, you weren't at the mercy of the warforge/Titanforge rnjesus. You just had to farm a material from the current tier, much like the shit we have had to do to upgrade legendaries. I like my heroic Titanforge pieces, but I did literally nothing to deserve them. Manually upgrading pieces wasn't bad design. Relying on rng is. And with as sterile as stats are now, reforging would make more sense.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Get rid of titan forges, mass legendaries (or make them targeted), and bring back re forging. Suddenly WoW loot doesn't suck anymore.

I know none of that is going to happen, aside from maybe getting rid of titanforging. It did seem odd to me how they didn't implement the most simple way short of allowing targeting in order to mitigate the shitty legendary system. Simply have cross spec and spec specific legendary items not share BLP. The system is already in place with spec legendary items not sharing BLP with another spec's.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ion hates reforging
For the expansion that it existed, it wasn't the greatest. Certain secondaries were Hyper strong. Now, I could use crit or vers and it's not a big deal. Balanced secondaries is what makes the Arcano so stupidly strong. The problem is in loot drops that have 80% good stat, 20% decent stat, and 60/40 at the next tier, making the item not really an upgrade until I've obtained the rest of the items from that tier.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Ion hates reforging

He's an idiot.

edit:

I also don't think it was ever bad. It allowed you to turn a piece of shit gear that would have been sharded in to something that could work until you got an optimal item. Instead we now have this wonky system where I'm wearing bracers from a raid back because they forged five ilevels below the bracers from the current tier and have optimal stats. While the bracers from this tier (all two options of them) have horrible secondaries so the only time I would wear them over the first set of bracers is if they titanforge to be 15+ ilevels.

This doesn't even take in to account what do you do if you actually care about optimization and you haven't received a high enough ilevel of the previous tiers bracers.... you run the previous tier to get the damn titanforge.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This idiot seems to think a loot system similar to Diablo works in an MMO with lockouts. If I could run the TOS+15 rift over and over maybe it would be as bad (yea fucking right...). Target leggos, remove faggotry of TF (keep WF up to +10 if you must), remove trinket uses from tiers that are not active? I don't know but I'm fucking done running Elisande and I never want to do this again.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With reforging they threw out the baby with the bath water. Reforging (as it was prior to being removed from the game) was objectively a shitty system. If you were a raider you used a site or a mod to automate your decision making on how to reforge your gear. If you were a casual you likely ignored it or didn't use it optimally.

While reforging did serve to make a suboptimal item more optimal, the number of actions needed before equipping a given item was way too high (enchanting, gemming, tradeskill mods, + ilevel valor upgrades, etc).

That being said, reforging could certainly be redesigned to potentially make it more interesting and engaging. But I think simply bringing it back without any changes would be a mistake. They'd be better served to address the root cause of the problem (itemization and stat weight diversity) than slapping a bandaid (reforging) over it and continuing to have the same uninteresting/boring item problem.