World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
About a 10% swing

The difference for lock is you have options depending on the fight type. Belt/wrists for cleave, Helm/wrists/chest/class ring/sacro ring combinations all sim close for single target. Sephuz/Chest for mythics. Then you have Warrior where you use helm/ring if you are arms or helm/legs if you are fury and any other combo is a major dps loss. Or MM hunters that run gloves/class ring for single and belt/boots for anything aoe. So much more limited.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea warlock is the one class they did correctly when it comes to legendaries etc. the issue with lock gearing is that once you have 4 pc (as destro) mastery goes from being one of your worst stats to being your best.

balance boomkin which ive been playing recently sims higher at certain ilevels with haste/mastery instead of int. so depending on your int and overall ilevel you may need to stick to lower ilevel and secondary stats.

A few things i dont like about the system at the moment is titanforging and how every boss has a damn relic on their loot table. 3 out of 4 of my bonus rolls in the past 2 weeks have been relics that go directly to the bank since i dont care about their item levels. I dont know how casuals are supposed to have a chance of gearing up at the moment, since secondary stats are so highly favored and you may/may not get that item through personal loot. there are distinct best in slot items at the moment and loot tables are so bloated you will probably never see some of it.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Its kind of ironic that in order to get a realistic and consistent shot at gear you have to get a consistent same server/guild group running so that you can run master looter. When every change they have made to raiding aside from mythic difficulty is encouraging people to xrealm pug evrything that isn't mythic raiding. My warrior and hunter were four piece two raids in to ToS with guild/alt groups while my lock who I run exclusively with pugs is still sitting on two piece and I only got the second piece of tier this week.

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I have 15k shards to burn on a new alt but I can't because the slots I need to upgrade also have bad legos, and I haven't gotten one yet. Fun!

DavivMcD

Peasant
I don't think it was this complicated before. In Vanilla and TBC at least, I remember that if I did a more challenging dungeon/raid and got an item, I could pretty much guarantee it was an upgrade over an item from a previous raid/dungeon.

Then again I'm a bad so I might be wrong.
[bcolor=rgb(240, 240, 240)][/bcolor]
The main difference is that you just didn't know how to minmax before.

The best gear for rogues in vanilla often included greens and blues, because they had something unusual like +dagger skill or unusually high amounts of +hit or attack power. Fury wars wore a hodge-podge of plate, mail, and leather, since str, agi, crit, hit, and ap were all valuable to them and could appear on all tiers of armor (even cloth, but rarely).

For dps casters it wasn't what I would call complicated, but it definitely wasn't 'ilvl > all'. Basically your choice was spellpower, or no spellpower so who gives a shit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Paying 200g per WQ for someone to fly me around to complete them! (Nightfallen Priority, emissaries would be next)

I don't have Legion Flying, and WQ are hella faster if you can just fly around.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's like you guys forgot they brought in the failures from Diablo 3 and I think in early development even that ultra cunt Jay Wilson had his input in this expansion.

Also the idea that higher ilvl gear was always better gear is false. Hell for a long time in Vanilla most of the best items came from 5 man's and not the raids, Molten Core and BWL had like no spellpower or +defense items for the longest times.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Diablo 3 got a bunch of features from WoW that made it suck at release (AH, level cap, talent tree instead of skill points)

WoW has been getting a bunch of features from D3 that are making it suck.

Soon there won't really be any difference between the two games.

Rime

<Donor>
Expansion 9! Diablo and the Prime Evils rip a portal to Azeroth! New Class: Amazon! New Race: Nephalem!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Given all the technology bad guys/good guys getting. (though seriously I think ever expansion the sky ships get fucked up?) I'm just waiting for an expac that is like a "back to the future" and essentially all classes have an analog and we are in the starcraft universe. (This is me just really wishing a non shit sci fi mmo existed)

EDIT: Lol Booze posted above like same instant I did.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gear optimisation has always been the same, the more informed know better. Thottbot, Curse, Elitist Jerks, Wowhead, IcyVeins, AskMrRobot and whatnot. I think it's what build layers between the super casual player who doesn't give a damn and the hardcore tryhard player willing to get that 0.1% upgrade. Since Cataclysm they've been streamlined theorycrafting to the bone when nowadays even with non-opti talents or gear your "gamer experience" isn't seriously gimped.

I totally understand players who can't be arsed googling their builds to get the most of it, but you also kind of have to cater to commited / tryhard / hardcore players running the gear treadmill game to its pulp. It's 2017 WoW, they have to cater to the largest playerbase. I'm not saying they made good choices, but not having to read 76 pages of EJ theorycraft nowadays sure is better. Some would say RP games are about choices and commitment.

What WoW would really benefit is account blanket achievements like in GW2, where it doesn't matter if you got that achievement / geargate on your monk, you SHOULDNT have to unlock it on your paladin. It's just tedious because of database management.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't think it was Starcraft but Overwatch is what they said some of the pvp in the game was to be, Overwatch themselves specifically came from the lore in Titan but that's all they've said about it so far.