World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah I remember Thottbot in the beginning. I can't remember when I made the switch to wowhead and EJ forums but I'm pretty sure it was in vanilla. Pretty sure I got a virus from Thottbot. Wasn't that shit made by the guy who ran the old school AL guild in EQ?

Besides I get all my info from Noxxic now...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think they should just toss the secondary system. Make all gear give you 100% for ilevel of your strongest one, and 50% of all the others.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Def not serious

Like any information it's best to pull from all sources and use reasonable deduction skills from your own play. Personally I've found that in order of good information it goes Discord > Icyveins > MMO Champ forums = Wowhead guides. Also learning how to understand logs helps as well.

However if you are a casual raider Icyveins probably all you need. Just remember that all the guides are written by different people. So one spec might be better then another and vice versa. It's why people have such mixed opinions about the site.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
H Kil'jaeden can drink a giant, foaming cup-of-soup of dicks. Hooray for AotC, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Somewhere in H KJ progression I gave up on the mythic raid dream this expansion, so H KJ is basically our end goal. I know many mythic guilds knocked him out after a couple weeks, but to us the dude was hard.

Shit like soaks was mind numbingly infuriating. I don't remember any raid boss in history that requires 6 people to soak every 30-40 second or else it's a complete wipe.

I hate to call a boss over tuned especially after I said helya was (and she got nerfed like 3 times in a row), but the dude did not feel tuned to a mythic guild. Numbers aside, it required coordination that I think heroic guilds haven't required before. Took us approximately 96 pulls.

Mini rant over. I really enjoyed the entire tier except H KJ. Just not fun to tank.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you forget how stupid easy KT was in Naxx and how stupid hard his slow ass circles were for people? I would have thought the hard part for people would have been the thinking on the fly for the last phases, but then again I wasnt there for the 96 wipes.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Phase 3 is a constant, frantic dumpster fire. I suppose I should be thankful that most of our later wipes weren't due to a missed soak, but damn, the only thing that could possibly have made the fight worse would have been something like moving soak targets, as opposed to static circles on the ground.

Oh, shit, I hope none of their devs read this.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Somewhere in H KJ progression I gave up on the mythic raid dream this expansion, so H KJ is basically our end goal. I know many mythic guilds knocked him out after a couple weeks, but to us the dude was hard.

Shit like soaks was mind numbingly infuriating. I don't remember any raid boss in history that requires 6 people to soak every 30-40 second or else it's a complete wipe.

I hate to call a boss over tuned especially after I said helya was (and she got nerfed like 3 times in a row), but the dude did not feel tuned to a mythic guild. Numbers aside, it required coordination that I think heroic guilds haven't required before. Took us approximately 96 pulls.

Mini rant over. I really enjoyed the entire tier except H KJ. Just not fun to tank.

H KJ is harder than many mythic fights.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did you forget how stupid easy KT was in Naxx and how stupid hard his slow ass circles were for people? I would have thought the hard part for people would have been the thinking on the fly for the last phases, but then again I wasnt there for the 96 wipes.
No I remember naxx.

There's not much thinking on the fly in that fight, except for moving from the pillars (they expel in a cross). Everything else is predictable

The soaking to wipes is a bit infuriating because they went seriously overboard with that in the entire raid

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
God damnit!!!!

received_10154627693592532.gif

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, I still enjoy the fight now that we actually killed it but it really does feel a bit overtuned. However we really only practiced phase 3 like... only yesterday and killed him the same day. I also hate that on my paladin I'm not using GCDs at any time when felclaws are happening cause your tank can suddenly get trucked and that's gg so my healing is way lower than it should be.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it was Starcraft but Overwatch is what they said some of the pvp in the game was to be, Overwatch themselves specifically came from the lore in Titan but that's all they've said about it so far.
From the rumors Titan never got past alpha stages anyway, you were supposed to live some kind of double life on earth. Eventually they scrapped it and turned the superhero fights into a shooter. It's like asking what if Valve didn't cancel some of their projects, they would probably turn out just as good eventually, even if it would take a lot of time.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean, I still enjoy the fight now that we actually killed it but it really does feel a bit overtuned. However we really only practiced phase 3 like... only yesterday and killed him the same day. I also hate that on my paladin I'm not using GCDs at any time when felclaws are happening cause your tank can suddenly get trucked and that's gg so my healing is way lower than it should be.

A real paladin would of topped the charts the first time.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Phase 3 is a constant, frantic dumpster fire. I suppose I should be thankful that most of our later wipes weren't due to a missed soak, but damn, the only thing that could possibly have made the fight worse would have been something like moving soak targets, as opposed to static circles on the ground.

Oh, shit, I hope none of their devs read this.
Oh God, what the fuck, fuck that and fuck you. Kindly.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users