World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I stand by 200k not being a big deal in a temporary situation for someone that only recently started playing.

400k is a lot more than I thought possible, can you show me some logs or sims?

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Only 2 ilvl difference between first and second Harjatan kill, and the first has shit legendaries, second has more or less ideal. 723k vs 1.16m. Ironically, I haven't been able to pull much more than that with even higher ilvl. It was all legendary. Hasn't applied to every fight, but I'm not exactly going to use less than ideal legendaries when I have ideal legendaries for specific fights (single target specifically), if that makes any sense. I've had IFE for a while, experimented with others, just doesn't make the numbers. IFE is super strong, OI is even more strong on AOE fights. Lady+OI, or SOTA+Lady on AOE are fairly similar. Prydaz, Sephuz, moon cloak, Chest, Boots, I always pull less than 1m.

TOS has also been pretty hard for me to maintain consistency. Have to swap gear, talents for literally every fight, and my damage for a particular week can tank if we have strong AOE in the group. Having Lady+OI has definitely been a huge benefactor in my AOE damage. Helm+IFE I've had for a while, and has been my best single target pairing.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
While I have enjoyed this expansion (even though I quit for half a year) I must say that the worst part is how certain mechanics perhaps don't force you to play one character and one spec, they sure subtly recommend it, especially for those like me who play semi-casually a few hours a week.

I would love to load up and level my Shammie healer, but every time I play I feel like I'd be gimping out advancement time better spent on my main. Similarly, I miss the lack of catchup mechanics for alts that were in MoP (and I think in WoD).

I do hope they will make the next expansion a bit more alt friendly.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The catchup mechanics are kicking in hardcore. I dinged 110 with my mage alt a few nights ago and I had 3 points into convergence on their artifact and Ilevel 890 in about an hour after dinging. The AP gains are stupidly huge now. Do one big token and it will fill your weapon up and probably unlock convergence immediately. They removed the quest needed to get the higher artifact talens and also removed the needing to finish order hall quest to get third relic slot.

Heirloom gear has upgrades to 110 available so for the last couple alts I mesed with you basically finish one maybe one and a half zones before hitting 110. It can go even faster if you hit invasions when they are up as they are stupidly good experience. There are also pretty cheap/easy ways to upgrade alts orderhall champs to a decent usable level of gear.

This expansion was pretty alt unfriendly for a long time but that is not the case in 7.3 at all.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hard to tell if its all legendaries, there is a significant switch in stats a change of talent and a difference in performance.
In the first fight you even threw a couple of heals in there and there was no potion usage compared to the two potions on the second fight.

Do you raid Mythic? Some of the number checks are so close that the extra 10% a certain legos gives is huge. It's an absolute shit system in it's current form. Sure if legos were within 1-2% of each other it would be fine (but fuck world first runs still).

WoW's staying power has always been in switching classes or specs. I shouldn't be forced into playing a certain spec an entire expansion. I'd love to come raid with FOH dudes on Hyjal, but the prospect of getting my Mage geared is too daunting. The system obviously isn't working. I understand that in theme park games you funnel the players a certain way, I'm just saying the way in which they are doing it is extremely damaging to players and guilds.

I mean cmon. This is 2017. We can move past the time invested = mad performance gains.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They should make the Sunsong Ranch relevant again by literally letting you farm legendaries by planting seeds and tending them until they grow into legendaries.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd love to come raid with FOH dudes on Hyjal, but the prospect of getting my Mage geared is too daunting.

Believe me when I say that you don't need any specific legendaries to raid with us. I say that with the full weight of this entire discussion in mind.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Believe me when I say that you don't need any specific legendaries to raid with us. I say that with the full weight of this entire discussion in mind.

No but I wouldn't be performing at my own expectations. Also I'm still trying to get shoulders on my Rogue.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We've sort of abandoned mythic raiding for this expansion but my intent with 8.0 is to start a full mythic raid group with all of the typical standards that apply. This will be on top of and largely separate from what will be the normal/heroic basically anyone can come raids. My goal with 8.0 is to let anyone who wants to join, join, and be entirely selective with the mythic group. We're sort of fighting an uphill battle right now with recruiting as opposed to the 60ish raiders we had at launch, so we missed the boat.

The reason I say all of this is if people have wanted to raid with us but felt we weren't a strong fit, they know what the future plans are.

Penance Penance if you want to raid with us and can perform then don't worry about gear, we'll get you there. Just keep in mind we are staying away from Mythic for this expansion. I just switch to lock a few weeks ago and I'm like 936. We allow alts/lower geared people as long as they can perform.

Additional note for anyone that wants to - Monday nights at 9pm est I'm going to lead a world tour raid for AP/Lego chance. Just n/h en/to/NH(if time). Just in case anyone is interested. Looking at 915ish people.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Do you raid Mythic? Some of the number checks are so close that the extra 10% a certain legos gives is huge. It's an absolute shit system in it's current form. Sure if legos were within 1-2% of each other it would be fine (but fuck world first runs still).

Not even just mythic, before the crucible specifically DPS checks on heroic Avatar and KJ alone played a huge part and if you got a guy doing even 50k less because of a shit lego your entire raid is being punished and nobody is going to invite that guy.

I don't have any issue with Ion, I think he's done a fantastic job overall this expansion, but god damn the legendary system is fucking retarded after coming from a legendary system where you literally do a giant chain with a decent story the last 2 expansions.

I have no issue with alts not being as strong as mains either, in fact I'm totally okay with that, but it doesn't change that the legendary system also fucked mains for most of the year too.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
We've sort of abandoned mythic raiding for this expansion but my intent with 8.0 is to start a full mythic raid group with all of the typical standards that apply. This will be on top of and largely separate from what will be the normal/heroic basically anyone can come raids. My goal with 8.0 is to let anyone who wants to join, join, and be entirely selective with the mythic group. We're sort of fighting an uphill battle right now with recruiting as opposed to the 60ish raiders we had at launch, so we missed the boat.

The reason I say all of this is if people have wanted to raid with us but felt we weren't a strong fit, they know what the future plans are.

Penance Penance if you want to raid with us and can perform then don't worry about gear, we'll get you there. Just keep in mind we are staying away from Mythic for this expansion. I just switch to lock a few weeks ago and I'm like 936. We allow alts/lower geared people as long as they can perform.

Additional note for anyone that wants to - Monday nights at 9pm est I'm going to lead a world tour raid for AP/Lego chance. Just n/h en/to/NH(if time). Just in case anyone is interested. Looking at 915ish people.

Is this game worth coming back to? I'm looking for a decent MMO that has a somewhat active guild ;)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think at some point after antorus comes out and maybe some of the world firsts happen they probably just need to make the current bad luck prevention stuff for legendaries apply to every one you can get not just the first couple. We are getting to the point where you kinda are expected to have most of the ones your class would want and once this expansion is done they cease to have any use. It still would take a while to acquire all of them but you would get a pretty full set playing a character for a week or two.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is this game worth coming back to? I'm looking for a decent MMO that has a somewhat active guild ;)
The active members love it. I've been playing fully subbed the entire expansion. I enjoy it a lot. The foh guild ain't going anywhere

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I think at some point after antorus comes out and maybe some of the world firsts happen they probably just need to make the current bad luck prevention stuff for legendaries apply to every one you can get not just the first couple. We are getting to the point where you kinda are expected to have most of the ones your class would want and once this expansion is done they cease to have any use. It still would take a while to acquire all of them but you would get a pretty full set playing a character for a week or two.

Per Ion, they aren't changing shit.

• 1Picard

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I have a feeling they'll open the floodgates on legendary drop rate to keep people subbed when we hit the usual content drought between expansions.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Which does nothing for retention unless you're a brain dead moron. Who gives a shit if you have BiS lego's when the last boss on mythic has been killed by more then the world first types.

(Not that I doubt someone will feel satisfied that they finally broke a million dps with their BiS legos on a normal five months later and continue to play the game)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I get that if I kept playing Akylie, without a ban or without quitting, that I would have most, if not all of my legendaries by now. But Ive never tied myself down to one character if I play an entire expansion. So yes, the legendary system is some stupid shit. It should be right on par with knowledge level in comparison to drop rate. Your chance of looting a legendary should go up a good percentage amount at least once a month. Opening the flood gates on them when we have nothing else to look forward too for 8 months sounds lame af.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The fucking legendaries should of been a token that you right click to discover at least then you wouldn't of gotten fucked in the shitter if you happened to be in an off spec from the expansion launch.

• 1Solidarity

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I really liked the legendary system at launch. It gave us a way to farm potentially bis items without having to raid. However the drop rate is bullshit and the sheer number of them is way to high. It should've been set to 1 lego a week as long as your doing enough content, ie couple of dungeons, raid clear and a few mythic pluses. Like booze said it should've also dropped as a token so you don't get boned by being in the wrong spec.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wouldve been nice if they had the alt-token in earlier too. That way you could roll a toon and already have stuff