World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there a command to force save your ui? Normally logging out does this, but I'm in a situation where logging out doesn't work. I have to force close WoW. Thought I'd spend this time while having shitty hotel internet redoing my UI, but how do I save it?
As alkorin said reload it. I typically do a /reload any time I make major changes because sometimes they won't work

xzi

Mouthbreather
Does it count if I helped 6 different people get GM but I only got to rank 13 myself? "I got a naxx weapon why should I bother" what a FOOL

8[

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Ion being a cunt in his interviews again, basically the entire interview is "you dont know what you want".

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ion being a cunt in his interviews again, basically the entire interview is "you dont know what you want".

Thus guy is seriously the biggest shit wad in wow dev history. I hope he gets seriously boo'd at blizzcon. What a fucking douche

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hopefully he'll take up skydiving, heliskiing, offroad quad racing and try to endurance swim the Gulf of Mexico soon.

Or just resign.

xzi

Mouthbreather

"The team doesn't want you to go back and do old raids only for the hope of a legendary item."

"Random distribution of legendary items isn't a problem. There is something cool about not having the ability to choose a specific legendary from a list. Each person may have a different legendary, but those should be good in some different situations."

"The gap between the feeling of getting a utility legendary and getting a throughput increase legendary was too large early in the expansion, so tuning was done to bring the two types of legendary items closer together."

WsVdlFh.gif

[bcolor=rgb(240, 239, 221)][/bcolor]

• 1Worf

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I think the message here is pretty clear, they feel like you should focus on one character and one spec in particular.
Its a fair stance, if you've been playing the same spec from the start of the expansion you should have all the legendaries for your spec and if you played enough you might even have all the legendaries for your class, which is what they are addressing now with the legendary boxes for alts.

I don't like it, personally, because I tend to get bored and swapping characters every tier helps me stay interested, but I know a lot of people who just stick to playing the one spec.
Feels odd to have such an hard stance on a game that is generally so casual friendly but I guess they figure if you are casual you shouldn't really care about the best legendaries and getting any two is already quick enough.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think the message here is pretty clear, they feel like you should focus on one character and one spec in particular.
Its a fair stance, if you've been playing the same spec from the start of the expansion you should have all the legendaries for your spec and if you played enough you might even have all the legendaries for your class, which is what they are addressing now with the legendary boxes for alts.

I don't like it, personally, because I tend to get bored and swapping characters every tier helps me stay interested, but I know a lot of people who just stick to playing the one spec.
Feels odd to have such an hard stance on a game that is generally so casual friendly but I guess they figure if you are casual you shouldn't really care about the best legendaries and getting any two is already quick enough.

It's always bad design when you have to tell your players how you want them to play and then enforce it by making anything else punishing.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure that is true.

I would argue that the worst part about it is the new players coming in.
Imagine someone starting right now, there are good odds that this person won't see their best legendaries drop for months.

But is that really a bad thing though?
Is it really that unfair that someone who has been loyal to one spec for a year now has such an advantage over this person?
Keep in mind that there are plenty of catch ups for the other pieces of gear and you can only use two legendaries and while the difference between the best two legendaries and the worst two is quite significant you can still be very effective without the best legendaries.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
and while the difference between the best two legendaries and the worst two is quite significant you can still be very effective without the best legendaries.

Except that this isn't even remotely close to true. The difference is astounding between the best and worst sets of legendaries. The difference can be as extreme as bottom of the pack dps vaulting to the front of the line, and a completely non-viable tank becoming viable simply because of one or two items. I've seen this on my own characters more than once, so I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a hard time reading this guy because on the one hand he's made one of the best expansions for the game and on the other hand he talks out of his ass like ace Ventura.

The only thing I can think is he wanted this expansion to be even more of 'slam your dick in a door jam' but the dev team had to reign him in. He was ex-EJ right? That would make total sense.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Except that this isn't even remotely close to true.

I get that in Mythic raiding a difference of say 200k dps is a huge difference but 200k won't keep you out of the rest of the content especially since you are not doomed to have it forever, if you keep at it you will for sure get it.
Its not about if you will get them, its just about when. You might even get lucky and get them right away.

So what I mean is that maybe someone that just started playing a particular spec two weeks ago doing 200k less dps than someone who has been at it for a year now isn't such a big deal.
Then again... someone could be at it a few months and still not have the best legendaries and someone could start playing and get them in a couple of weeks, which is why, while I kinda can agree with someone who is loyal to the spec having some advantage, I don't think this is a good way to do it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
200k dps.

200... hundred... thousand... damage... per... second.

That's huge at all levels. Even at the ridiculous numbers people are capable of pulling. Even if you can pull 2mil+ dps that's still 10%.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Except that this isn't even remotely close to true. The difference is astounding between the best and worst sets of legendaries. The difference can be as extreme as bottom of the pack dps vaulting to the front of the line, and a completely non-viable tank becoming viable simply because of one or two items. I've seen this on my own characters more than once, so I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

For certain classes, having the best legendaries, and having the worst, can mean as much as 400+k DPS. That is fucking heyuuuge. If i only had Prydaz, haste ring, or the boots, or any combination of legendaries outside my top 3, IFE and OI or Lady's, it's the difference between 800k and 1.2m dps.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I stand by 200k not being a big deal in a temporary situation for someone that only recently started playing.

400k is a lot more than I thought possible, can you show me some logs or sims?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
It doesn't matter relative to the content you do unless you're some top 5 world guild. But no one plays dps to not be at the top of the meters.