World of Warcraft: Current Year

Juvarisx

Florida
I could see it being same time as Legion launched, though considering they had playable stuff at Blizzcon maybe like June

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It will release in like August or September like usual. Not sure why people haven't figured out their 2 year cycle yet. They haven't even released their 6 month beta period yet so everything can get datamined to shit and guides made and addons and handy notes and basically everything else to spoiler that shit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They already have 4 zones playable at blizzcon, I feel like that's the most they've ever had? Last year especially it was just the DH starting area and nothing else. I'd bet they're relatively close to beta as well. The leveling, the one pvp zone, and a few other features that are new are being implemented early so it's not like they have to spend time testing those when they can just test them on live.

It was all "those numbers are placeholder" this and "we're doing 6 races now, and we'll do the rest later" that, so they're far from having it done.

Which is why we get some features in 7.3.5, not 8.0...

There were interviews afterwards where they were talking about the races and they specified that yes they're only doing 6 during this, or at least during launch, but now the backend and technology is in place that they can add whatever they want. I don't think it's "this feature is incomplete" as much as "we can do this now, forever"

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There doesn’t seem to be much new tech that would slow down a release. Advanced AI on the islands will be a gimmick. Islands are just their invasion Tech. Warfronts will either be dumbed down or cut. They are just conquest bgs with only one player side. 6 sub-races for release. Add more with story lines through the expansion and also when they need a cash infusion.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It really makes you appreciate how shitty broken shore and Argus were, knowing the team has been full steam on this expansions probably for a year

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I notice they do that near the end of each expansion. Some kind of silly area to farm dumb shit. Its like a leftover project for the people who weren't good enough to work on the next expansion lol

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty lukewarm on just about everything they've announced so far. We'll see what happens when it comes to class balance if i stick around or just go casual.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like it's relatively obvious it'll be released either tuesday or next tuesday since the actual patch came out like 2 weeks ago. But yeah they didn't mention it at all which is sort of weird?

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Pretty much. Every WOW expansion I get a solid 6+ months of enjoyment out of before I get bored. Always worth it.

ZANDALARI TROLLS HAVE STRAIGHT BACKS! Finally.

Scoliosis free character model only comes with collectors edition

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know 6 months is a lot of time for tuning. Then again Blizzard is a small indie company so it could take them longer.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Meh, I actually unsubbed yesterday after the reveal.

Sure, I'll sub to play the new expansion for a month (and do Antorus on LFR at some point if I have to), but another leveling revamp (probably) and murdering / being murdered by the peoples I just spent an expansion saving isn't worth (the trivial) $15 bucks a month from me.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think this all looks great. I'm happy to have a filler expansion now and then to take a break from the cosmic god-like enemies.

Little disappointed at the lack of pet battle information though.

Edit: I also love when they make changes to the old world. It makes the world feel like a living, breathing place. It'll be cool to have some territory change hands.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If I started playing again now is there still time to get the class mounts and shit?

I'll prob resub 1 month from release of new expansion or smth.
You can do all the class mount stuff in a couple days I think. Might be some missions time gating a couple days but it doesnt take very long

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If I started playing again now is there still time to get the class mounts and shit?

I'll prob resub 1 month from release of new expansion or smth.

Yes, you can catch up in like two days hardcore on your entire account to get mostly everything done then each char after is like a few hours for the OH specific quests.