World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Sorry I haven't caught up on all the info yet but are they making a WAR expansion of WoW? I just saw some factions, PvP, and some keeps. Not going to have time to watch everything until tomorrow.

It's an all out faction war, gives me heavy Warcraft 3 ROC vibes

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
84nkcm44qzvz.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They put up race/class combos for the 4 allied races from Legion.

Kinda lame, they are all very old fashioned, no DK/DH, only hm tauren druid and no new ally sham. Makes it meh. Only 2/6 tank classes available as the new ally races for alliance besides Gayforge Transgoats, that really sucks because I almost always play a tank at least OS.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Allied racials look horrible. Just get rid of racials at this point and turn it into a talent type system or something. I dunno shit seems impossible to balance in its current iteration.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Allied racials look horrible. Just get rid of racials at this point and turn it into a talent type system or something. I dunno shit seems impossible to balance in its current iteration.

Well this would be best, but the racials don't seem awful so far. HM are a better tauren. Charge/KD vs stun and DR vs hp.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I lied I guess. I forgot booze got hacked and stole our guild banl

I've used an authenticator since they were released. Yet twice Blizzard removed it because the people who work there are probably dipshit Indians cunts who wanna sell your shit for gold.. Both times it happened the GM's kissed my dick and appologized nonstop and gave free shit. Still dumb as fuck, hope they fired some people.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've used an authenticator since they were released. Yet twice Blizzard removed it because the people who work there are probably dipshit Indians cunts who wanna sell your shit for gold.. Both times it happened the GM's kissed my dick and appologized nonstop and gave free shit. Still dumb as fuck, hope they fired some people.

Yea not sure I buy that

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they cut Warfronts, that seems to cut one of the major selling points for their flavor this xpac.

More I stew on it...I think they're going for a more vanilla feel; no over-arching story but a bunch of small skirmishes and random patch raids. I've also been wondering if servers are about to go away. Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels like the most feature deprived xpac they've put out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If they cut Warfronts, that seems to cut one of the major selling points for their flavor this xpac.

More I stew on it...I think they're going for a more vanilla feel; no over-arching story but a bunch of small skirmishes and random patch raids. I've also been wondering if servers are about to go away. Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels like the most feature deprived xpac they've put out.
Two new continents

6 races

Warfronts

Naval shit

10 dungeons at launch

Unknown raids

??

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Warfronts are just Invasion Points, Naval Shit is Scenarios (probably with the same font for stages!)...dungeons and raids are great...but I dunno...just feels "lacking." No garrison or class hall. No introduction of a new gameplay system really. Those 6 races are almost palette swaps and no starting areas (I enjoyed the race starting experiences we'd gotten over the years). No new professions or what have you. (not that there's room for one). No wintergrasp or the like. Again, I'll play but I feel like this is small compared to other xpacs.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Why would they cut warfronts?

I don't think it's the most feature deprived, it's the most realistic and that's probably because they're further along this time. That does create the possibility of more failure though since there's little bloat to trim here going in.

That said, like any 'non-class' expac that has a race involved is maybe 1-2 new combos + new racials and some quests/themeing. I'm not upset at all at the possibility of 3 new sets of racials. If Warfronts are done right (classic AV style with resources/building back in from the original vision on it) even if PvE only initially then it will be a fun enough distraction.

Compared to Legion what do we do now? M+ (staying), grinding AP (staying), WQ (staying), raiding (staying) etc.? Islands are potentially great addons here if they are truly crazy random, but I'm just going to assume they're scenarios.

Overall it will be new skin of Legion with new content + potentially some good PvP enhancements.

That's before the classes revamp too, if they fix a bunch of the awkward ones then there could be plenty of excitement there for 8.0 as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Warfronts are just Invasion Points, Naval Shit is Scenarios (probably with the same font for stages!)...dungeons and raids are great...but I dunno...just feels "lacking." No garrison or class hall. No introduction of a new gameplay system really. Those 6 races are almost palette swaps and no starting areas (I enjoyed the race starting experiences we'd gotten over the years). No new professions or what have you. (not that there's room for one). No wintergrasp or the like. Again, I'll play but I feel like this is small compared to other xpacs.

Warfronts are not invasion points, I have no idea how you could even draw that comparison?