World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just rewatched that clip and the part with Sylv screams for the horde is just a bad ass moment. The mass rez was pretty awesome too but fuck the alliance.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Still don't like Sylvanas for warchief - doesn't feel right. Should never have killed off Vol'jin. #notmywarchief

Maybe she'll go crazy from Old God corruption and green jesus will come back to take the mantle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sylvanas is a shitty character, she's been completely rudderless since Arthas died.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just rewatched that clip and the part with Sylv screams for the horde is just a bad ass moment. The mass rez was pretty awesome too but fuck the alliance.

I feel like this is what they were going for when they showed that cinematic, but that was honestly the first time I ever liked the idea of her as warchief like IT'S ABOUT TIME

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thing is a rudderless Sylvanas as part of the horde could make for interesting storytelling if she wasn’t warchief. Also, her “For the Horde” is very against character and her aligning with the horde out of convenience.

Rime

<Donor>
Garrosh was great during Cataclysm. His storyline in Stonetalon mountains was very good character development. Then they needed a villain for MoP, so they made him go full-Hitler.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really hoping Islands and Warfronts have a ranking and scaling system like M+ although I've seen no indication of this. I think that is probably why M+ is one of my favorite systems added. We all come to these game to measure our little e-weiners. Not to mention M+ was a great place where I've done a ton of runs and I'm still learning stuff on certain weeks at certain level keys a year into this expansion.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Really hoping Islands and Warfronts have a ranking and scaling system like M+ although I've seen no indication of this. I think that is probably why M+ is one of my favorite systems added. We all come to these game to measure our little e-weiners. Not to mention M+ was a great place where I've done a ton of runs and I'm still learning stuff on certain weeks at certain level keys a year into this expansion.

Well they did say M+ was here to stay so I would imagine that means the leaderboards too. I think M+ was one of the better additions to the game in recent expansions. Even with them being enjoyable though the Diablo 3 scaling system is not good design.

As for Sylv yeah her being Warchief does feel out of place, plus it has felt like they forgot about her after the Stormheim quests this expac. I felt killing off Vol'jin so quickly was pretty shitty after Garrosh but whatever story telling has never been WoW's forte but them cinematic's are top notch. I imagine it's how people who watch Micheal Bay movies and love them must feel. I was that scene and I am like holy shit that cool.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thing is a rudderless Sylvanas as part of the horde could make for interesting storytelling if she wasn’t warchief. Also, her “For the Horde” is very against character and her aligning with the horde out of convenience.

they were about to sack lorderaen, her home. it's very much NOT against sylvanas' character to be an opportunist. thrall, varian, andiun, vol'jin, these guys all would have long empassioned speeches. sylvanas probably would to, but the passion wouldn't come until she was pissed and saw her side losing. her army is the horde, but her PEOPLE are the forsaken. she'll do whatever it takes to get her army to protect her people.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
they were about to sack lorderaen, her home. it's very much NOT against sylvanas' character to be an opportunist. thrall, varian, andiun, vol'jin, these guys all would have long empassioned speeches. sylvanas probably would to, but the passion wouldn't come until she was pissed and saw her side losing. her army is the horde, but her PEOPLE are the forsaken. she'll do whatever it takes to get her army to protect her people.

Um it's not her "home" lol

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, she feels very strongly about the Undercity being her home. You don't have to go far in the Horde questlines to see that firsthand.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm super excited to see shitty Teldrassil burn. Purple fucking eye sore of a zone.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I was thinking, and it's probably obvious to everyone else, but the reason this Horde vs Alliance shit is so mind numbing at this point is because we know we aren't going to get any sort of conflict resolution. It's going to be a sum neutral gain. No tension, no edge of the seat for this kind of story line. It's like when you see battles of different IP's favorite heroes and you know nobody is going to win. Shit now that I think about it it's all Blizzard does now (with Overwatch and HOTS, god forbid we show favoritsm to somebody's preferred hero). Somebody needs to get Arggh Arggh Martin up in this bitch.