World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With how boring next raid's tier bonuses are, and everyone being forced into the random raidwide trinkets; getting info on a new expansion further kills any hype I have for Antorus, even when new expansion info *isn't* knock-yer-socks-off stuff.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Warfronts are not invasion points, I have no idea how you could even draw that comparison?
I expect they will be PvE focused that start with a meter that says “Eliminate Horde/Alliance Threat” followed by “kill a commander” with some resource gathering. I’ll grant you they are expected to be 40m which will make them pretty epic, but tech wise I expect they’ll be built on that basis.

Overall, you’re right. It’s more of what we’re doing now. I’ll have to see the class revamp before I really know how I feel. I play a DK though, and we don’t seem to get too far without a complete overhaul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
All we know atm is warfronts are quite literally Warcraft 3 but in WoW. You're sort of like the hero (Thrall, Tauren Chieftan, Uther, etc etc) in 20 player raids but seems like plenty of extra troops and whatnot.

They're also actually taking place in the world, which I love because we pretty much don't experience the WORLD of warcraft.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still feel like this will ultimately be an Old God expansion, I mean we're fighting fuckin Azshara and it's clearly a sea-based expansion. N'Zoth 2019 bois

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I still feel like this will ultimately be an Old God expansion, I mean we're fighting fuckin Azshara and it's clearly a sea-based expansion. N'Zoth 2019 bois

You know its gonna happen. We're gonna burn each other cities down, then hate fuck, then band together for the greater good.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I feel like that will be expac after.

If we're doing full gaypanda experience we all realize war is a big mistake and gang up to face the void.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I feel like that will be expac after.

If we're doing full gaypanda experience we all realize war is a big mistake and gang up to face the void.

That would probably be smarter. But they need a big baddie to fight, unless they go full Troll and it's like Hakkar redux.

What would be cool though would be separate raids for Horde and Alliance for instance lets say the Horde raid you get to invade Gilneas and plow Greymane in his dirtbutton. And the Alliance can raid some bullshit like that retarded intro Troll Island and fight Voodoo who gives a fuck.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whatever the last expansion is for WoW, it needs to have an Ahn Qiraj War Effort style pan-server event where one of the two factions ultimately wins.

Your raiders' lazy about progression? THEY ARE FAILING THE HORDE.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Whatever the last expansion is for WoW, it needs to have an Ahn Qiraj War Effort style pan-server event where one of the two factions ultimately wins.

And when you're about to turn in the last item to get the rewards, the server shuts off forever like Sopranos

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Here's my wild speculation and nerd shit:

Yes, but also the old gods are supposed to be master manipulators. They're more subtle in their ways rather than just RAAAAAAAH I'M YOG SARON. He corrupted like half of fuckin' northerend and even the watchers in Ulduar.

I'm sure there's a far better reason for us to go to war and we'll learn that in the next few months when betas start happening, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if N'Zoth is in there whispering to Anduin in some way which would also be an insane callback to Onyxia slowly manipulating Varian back in Vanilla and ultimately wanting him to give up his crown to Anduin so it would be easier to control the alliance. Onyxia is Deathwings daughter, who was manipulated and driven mad by the Old Gods, again, very slowly over time and turned on the rest of the dragon aspects because of it. Now Anduin who is all about being holy and not wanting war is marching on Lordaeron which is pretty much inhabitable at this point? Of course it could be retaliation, but that we shall find out.

It's speculated that N'zoth is the one responsible for Deathwings turning (we have no clue who caused it, only that it happened), and he's the only ocean based old god/prime evil that we actually know of. In an expansion that ultimately there isn't a defined enemy other than being racist again, and is completely based around water and nautical themes with what we know at the moment there are these weird void priests that curse/place runes on ships.. I'm just saying it's not that crazy of an idea. And it's all linked together since quite literally the beginning of the game.

OLD GODS, MAN!

Really though we'll find out in a few months when beta starts up who starts this war though. If it's Anduin, I'm going with that theory. If it's Sylvanas.. who knows, she's a crazy bitch maybe she just wants to burn down some trees

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
No new Garrison/Order Hall?!?! WHERE WILL MY PASSIVE MILLIONS OF GOLD COME FROM IN THE NEW EXPANSION!?

Rime

<Donor>
Damage is already done. Going into WoD, I had around 400,000 gold. Going from WoD into Legion, I had around 4,000,000 Gold. Currently in Legion, I have 8,000,000 gold (Would be more, but I dropped 500k on the BlizzCon Stream, 750k on Destiny 2, 2m on the Spider, and 1m on the Battle pet - Plus two subscriptions every month via game token).

And that is with being somewhat 'casual' about getting all 11 of the alts set up with Order Hall crap.

Last Christmas, I saw screenshots of a guy who had 50 Characters at 110, with completed Order Halls churning out gold missions. He stated he was going to be doing it on another account.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They gonna bring back Farmville adventure time like they did in Panda so you can plant crops.

The funny part is the whole islands thing is perfect for garrisons, something like "island fortress". You make your own personal one, upgrade your navy and shit and use it to get access to bigger and badder islands and shit like that.

• 1Like