World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean the economy being fucked means it doesn't entirely matter at this point because everyone has so much gold. Herb botting is the least offensive to me, but it's still cunty.

Level botting though, that's a good move I hate leveling lmao

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean the economy being fucked means it doesn't entirely matter at this point because everyone has so much gold. Herb botting is the least offensive to me, but it's still cunty.

Level botting though, that's a good move I hate leveling lmao

It's one thing about MMO's that is kind of a double edge sword I guess. Removing the tedium of bullshit that Blizzard loves to add I really can't fault anyone for, there is a ton of needless grinding in the game that most people would love to bypass even more so on alts and the like.

If the only option to bypass the tedium is to bot then you might as well design the game without all the bullshit tedium in the first place.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem is blizzard has a team dedicated to detecting cheaters. The bot makers are fighting an uphill battle trying to obfuscate their executables and dlls. Not to mention litigation they may face. There's no point in continuing. Any new team is gonna have a hard as fuck time trying to subvert warden.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It's one thing about MMO's that is kind of a double edge sword I guess. Removing the tedium of bullshit that Blizzard loves to add I really can't fault anyone for, there is a ton of needless grinding in the game that most people would love to bypass even more so on alts and the like.

If the only option to bypass the tedium is to bot then you might as well design the game without all the bullshit tedium in the first place.

They should just flag your account on the server to get +100% xp per toon you have at max level. And go to shared rep.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They should just flag your account on the server to get +100% xp per toon you have at max level. And go to shared rep.

They should just make all achievements and rep account wide. nobody plays an alt to grind Suramar rep again regardless of what that stupid piece of shit Ion things. Then they use the excuse of immersion one moment while literally putting in a dude surfing and playing metal while riding dino on top a shark with lazer beams the other. They can all eat a bag of crushed assholes for being disingenuous cunts.

world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-20100813112946806-000.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow! Although kind of expected that.

It always felt that Blizzard would catch people over the years, and it prevented flood gates of people to bot, because there was for sure risk, but they never felt ahead of the game.

Apparently 7.3 added some next level shit from Blizzard and it fucked all bots. Kudos to them!

Although I'm unsure if they are shutting down because of legal reasons, can't beat Blizzards anti-cheat stuff or a little of both?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Blizzard is pretty notorious for handing out DMCAs for even the most minor of things and willing to take people to court over them, I'm surprised honor buddy hasn't been sued into oblivion already, it's probably just not worth the hassle anymore.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

It always felt that Blizzard would catch people over the years, and it prevented flood gates of people to bot, because there was for sure risk, but they never felt ahead of the game.

Apparently 7.3 added some next level shit from Blizzard and it fucked all bots. Kudos to them!

Although I'm unsure if they are shutting down because of legal reasons, can't beat Blizzards anti-cheat stuff or a little of both?

Even in Germany where it isn't a bad as the U.S. I am sure the nonstop litigation wasn't cheap. You can't feel bad for the creators though they always knew what they were doing here. Blizzard has also been very lenient when it comes to bots though. Even a 6 month ban that some got earlier in this expansion isn't really that bad when you think about it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard is pretty notorious for handing out DMCAs for even the most minor of things and willing to take people to court over them, I'm surprised honor buddy hasn't been sued into oblivion already, it's probably just not worth the hassle anymore.

They sued them and lost in German courts a couple of times. Over there if you lose a case you typically have to pay for the others legal fees as well as your own unlike here in the U.S.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even in Germany where it isn't a bad as the U.S. I am sure the nonstop litigation wasn't cheap. You can't feel bad for the creators though they always knew what they were doing here. Blizzard has also been very lenient when it comes to bots though. Even a 6 month ban that some got earlier in this expansion isn't really that bad when you think about it.
Yea, that's what dawned on me last night. For at least a year, Honorbuddy has been "stupid to use" even to chronic botters. It was basically guaranteed you were going to get banned if you used it. This wasn't a secret, and I'm sure the constant litigation wasn't worth it when they were losing crazy amounts of money. Basically a war of attrition and Blizzard won!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yea, that's what dawned on me last night. For at least a year, Honorbuddy has been "stupid to use" even to chronic botters. It was basically guaranteed you were going to get banned if you used it. This wasn't a secret, and I'm sure the constant litigation wasn't worth it when they were losing crazy amounts of money. Basically a war of attrition and Blizzard won!
Until.the tokens came out blizzard was winning doubly by getting a sub from these subhumans

Palum

what Suineg set it to
First time trying fishing derby in STV, I won it today. Got the ring for my allied race leveling campaign coming up.

Also I was just thinking, ytf don't DH get a 'unfurl wings' mount option (eg on all fours) where they just, you know, fly?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Demon hunters are like gargoyles. They can only use their wings to glide.

Disney-Gargoyles-Awakening-part-3-Goliath-roar.png

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm

With the new obfuscation method(s) it helped kill the bots, but on the flip side it also killed tMorph, which was used by lots of people, myself included. I enjoyed being able to being a cow warrior without having to pay for the actually race change.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Developer Interviews
We're continuing to take a look at new information from the BlizzCon developer interviews. Automatic Jak talked to Sigma at Blizzcon 2017.

• The team went into Legion knowing that they might have to revisit some of the classes that received major changes once player feedback was collected.
  • There most likely will not be complete class revamps again any time soon.
  • Mythic dungeons are a great way to show off each class’s unique toolkit.
  • The team likes classes having unique abilities.
  • Going forward a big question is what unique abilities each class should have.
  • The team wants to spread out class strength and weaknesses more.
  • Utility will be spread out and balanced more in the future.
  • Everyone should feel like they have some sort of cooldown to help them survive.
  • The best thing the team can do to help showcase unique abilities is to have more variety in dungeon encounters.
  • Talent tweaks and the future of the class artifact abilities are being looked at moving forward.
  • The passive health increase on Artifact Weapons was essentially to also help healers heal into a set of players with higher health pools who take more damage that stays balanced with the amount of healing done.
  • Thorns and other design elements are being experimented with more to counter the issue of healing getting boring as players get stronger.
  • The team is pretty happy with where raid cooldowns are at now.
  • Steady damage is important to the design of healing in encounters.
They never make any sense, one day they want to homogenize the shit out of classes. Now they want to go back, I am happy to see the return of buffs and some other things but it always feels like they are full of shit when certain classes have massive utility while others get plowed in the dirt button. It would be nice to see utility spread but I doubt it's actually gonna happen. Imagine if druids didn't have a speed boost, battle rez, self heals, highest healthpool, highest armor, you name it.

The idea of some classes having more defined strengths and weaknesses is good but if they aren't doing bigger rebalance then I don't see how that is going to work out. They at pretty much every expac completely change classes in some major way. If they go an expansion without doing that it would be nice to see.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users