World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
its purely the people that cause the hate, it breeds bad players. its the participation trophy of raiding essentially.

on Maiden (just as an example) in a 30 person lfr 20 of them can die in the first minute and the rest will kill the boss before berserk, those players that died now get a chance to have titanforge items that are sometimes (rarely) on par with heroic or mythic level equipment. the players who just died will continue to do the same thing every week, they won't strive to improve, they won't go through and read the journal to find out what they did wrong, they wont research how to do more dps, but they'll continue to que for the bosses week after week. then these players que for M+ groups and drag the group down. i ran a upper Kara +16 this weekend and we pugged a dps DK, i didn't check his raid history before inviting him but he died on trash pulls and at least once on every boss. essentially he got a free carry. after checking his armory after the run he had only done LFR, and some normal antorus.

it's the fact that nobody cares to improve thats the problem, i would rather have an 840 player doing a good rotation, dodging mechanics and doing 400k dps than a 920 that is doing 600k and standing in fire.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
M0 isn't tough at all. Bosses are steamrolled in like 20 seconds. Most LFR bosses last that long. If you don't like LFR don't do it. I don't get the hate against it.
If LFR was on a separate loot grade that didn't forge then I wouldn't really care. To me it's an underhanded throw to casuals. I can't think anyone finds the content compelling

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LFR is one of the worst design decisions they've made in this game (and they've made a lot). Like Sumdain said, it's not the actual mechanics or loot, its the mentality that it breeds. Also with AP/Lego you feel you "need" to do LFR. At least in the old LFR system I could avoid it entirely and put my blinders on to the idiocracy of WOW. LFR combined with titanforging is the absolute dumbest shit they have ever done in a tier based PVE game ever.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
While DKs are relatively fresh on the mind: Is Frost and Unholy glass-cannon like? Or can one be relatively durable?

Burns

While DKs are relatively fresh on the mind: Is Frost and Unholy glass-cannon like? Or can one be relatively durable?

In PvE? They have enough cooldowns to be fine, and those cooldowns (mostly) dont cost resources. AMS seems like it is one of the more powerful defensive, it's not cloak of shadows, buts it the next best thing. If you are frost, you can damned near get a full heal with IBF and death strike (although it costs RP), as well.

They just made DKs a stupid slow class, with the worst movement speed ability (you cant dps while its up).

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
LFR is shit, but that's because it's still a raid. They should just scrap the entire concept of raids.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
In PvE? They have enough cooldowns to be fine, and those cooldowns (mostly) dont cost resources. AMS seems like it is one of the more powerful defensive, it's not cloak of shadows, buts it the next best thing. If you are frost, you can damned near get a full heal with IBF and death strike (although it costs RP), as well.

They just made DKs a stupid slow class, with the worst movement speed ability (you cant dps while its up).

Just to add a little bit about this you actually need to use the glyph on wraith walk otherwise you'll get stuck on every small thing that's on the ground

xzi

Mouthbreather
its purely the people that cause the hate, it breeds bad players. its the participation trophy of raiding essentially.

Absolutely this. It does nothing to promote how to play your class, especially since every LFR seems to have 4-5 people that are extremely overgeared almost always carrying undergeared people. I think it overall hurts the game more than it helps, but you have to keep people who are very casual happy as well so I get why they will never remove it.

I am however happy that you can't get the new trinkets in LFR. Both because I don't want to do it and because you don't deserve a super buffed arcano for picking your asshole for 20 minutes. I just wish they would completely remove tier from LFR as well. (although I suppose BFA solves that)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
predictions (hopes) for tuesday hotfixes;
T20 for most classes getting nerfed (please do this nobody wants to farm ToS anymore for titanforges) -- yay they buffed other classes t21 to make them more competitive vs t20
affli warlocks getting toned down - yep this happened
fix monk trinkets, legendary trinket has a 15-17% proc rate currently, where other tanks have 25-32% (we all know this won't happen until half way through this tier, the same as it did in ToS) - newp
buff monk t21 to actually do something (hoping that since literally no BrM is wearing it, they'll fix it) - they buffed it... im fairly certain nobody at blizz has ever tanked anything higher than a heroic dungeon on a monk.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
LFR is there to afk through. Some people want to expand zero effort into raiding so it works well for me.

Burns

The only buff to sub 4 pc T21 would be for a totally new affect, instead they made it so you receive shit slightly more often. Maybe everyone will be rolling Outlaw with that 4% aura buff, and decent 4 pc...

Lets see how the update tier chart plays out (not yet updated): 7.3 Antorus Tier Sheet

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LFR is one of the worst design decisions they've made in this game (and they've made a lot). Like Sumdain said, it's not the actual mechanics or loot, its the mentality that it breeds. Also with AP/Lego you feel you "need" to do LFR. At least in the old LFR system I could avoid it entirely and put my blinders on to the idiocracy of WOW. LFR combined with titanforging is the absolute dumbest shit they have ever done in a tier based PVE game ever.
You get more AP from doing like one M0 then doing an LFR. Your legendary chance is the same in M plus. You need to worry less about titanforging in M plus.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the same vain of Fyff's reply - Curious does anybody know if doing higher level Mythic+'s adds to that hidden legendary chance protection bar? Or is it just more efficient to do a shitload of Mythic 0-7's or something?