World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How are blood DKs looking like late in this expansion? Are they viable tanks and are bear druids still top tank?

xzi

Mouthbreather
All the tanks this late in the expac are pretty close, and it won't matter unless you are in mythic raiding progression. They're all almost equal when geared. Druids are considered so much better because they have stampeding roar and increase movespeed for the entire raid.

Blood DK is hilarious and there are several bloods out there that pull almost a million HPS on themselves. They're fun to heal because I just DPS instead 90% of the time. AMS is the most OP ability in the entire game, they have strong defensives and strong aoe capability. You're just a tiny bit slower than everyone else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

selis

Molten Core Raider
Gonna finish my legion flying on my shaman then swap since just have to do the Broken aisles stuff.

Will probably play my mage with those new casting animations.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All the tanks this late in the expac are pretty close, and it won't matter unless you are in mythic raiding progression. They're all almost equal when geared. Druids are considered so much better because they have stampeding roar and increase movespeed for the entire raid.

Blood DK is hilarious and there are several bloods out there that pull almost a million HPS on themselves. They're fun to heal because I just DPS instead 90% of the time. AMS is the most OP ability in the entire game, they have strong defensives and strong aoe capability. You're just a tiny bit slower than everyone else.

I think I'd say druid >>>> bdk/monk > pally/warr > DH.

Of course like you said for anything not mythic it's not even a big deal

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
after doing a full clear of heroic, then a partial clear on my alts i think some of my initial thoughts that Bear > all is a little flawed

very few of the fights cater to Bears this tier, a few fights are actually unfriendly to bears like dogs/coven/varithmas. Bears and Monks will have the hardest time on Varithmas and Bears will have a difficult time on coven/dogs. some of the movement speed buffs they provide are good but are only *required* so far for misplay and not for just accomplishing mechanics. War/DK/Pal are exceptionally strong on the fights that the monks/bears will be lacking.

I ran SI ring on my druid and tanked up to aggramar on heroic, the debuff that coven applies is all magic damage so every 3rd fiery strike i needed either SI or Barkskin up, even calling for externals there is a chance you'll get trucked by the third strike (the swap) and then due to mechanics you'll occasionally need to take a 4th stack which even with SI does about 60-70% of a bears max hp (on a 935ish equipped bear) while on the monk i can reliably take 5 stacks without using cooldowns and just relying on mystic vitality and external healing.

right now i think Coven on heroic is a little overtuned, there are possibilities of really shitty overlaps, like getting whirling blades spawning on the safe zones, or getting all of the safe zones spawning on the outter ring when you get norgannon's adds spawning, or vice versa and getting all the safe zones in the middle during khaz adds. the overlaps are probably more difficult than any other heroic fight this tier with the exception of heroic KJ. Aggramar may also be a little bit overtuned, and right now 100% requires a DK to be done correctly (you can do it without but it requires some shitty shitty positioning).

predictions (hopes) for tuesday hotfixes;
T20 for most classes getting nerfed (please do this nobody wants to farm ToS anymore for titanforges)
affli warlocks getting toned down
fix monk trinkets, legendary trinket has a 15-17% proc rate currently, where other tanks have 25-32% (we all know this won't happen until half way through this tier, the same as it did in ToS)
buff monk t21 to actually do something (hoping that since literally no BrM is wearing it, they'll fix it)
injector trinket from Kin'garoth getting nerfed a bit
coven damage decreased by about 10% on heroic
fiery eruption on aggramar doing 50% increased damage instead of 100% increased damage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dont think affliction locks will be nerfed. There's a lot of multi dot fights here which just caters to our class. ST we can do ok, but we don't shine. Well.. except @myxio because he's a fucking mad lad

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
probably just a blanket 5% damage reduction. until the execute phase on most fights if affli warlocks aren't top they are doing something wrong.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because LFR attracts significantly more people than any other difficulty. So they have to space the content out. Make it last until little Jimmy has 'beat' the tier.

Also I think some of it is to keep higher tier raiders from feeling like they need to bottom feed trying to pick up set piece bonuses faster by grinding through LFR.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
but with the release date it doesn't make sense since most of its gated. you'll have 2 normal and 2 heroic clears before the first piece becomes available. I think the first piece is off high command, so should be out in the lfr this week.

LFR is fine, if you dont play seriously or just want to see the new zones it gives you an option. however lfr should be capped at warforging (so it goes up to the level of normal gear), and tier sets should be removed like they did for hfc. lfr is also an easy way of doing your weekly cache quest so you dont have to wait for your guilds weekly clear to get a box of crap you probably won't use.

i'll echo that a majority of people who only do lfr will pollute the normal group finder (its bad enough already). if they chose to remove it, people are already struggling in most normal pugs you dont want some guy in 930 gear pulling 500k dps there. as anecdotal evidence i did a lfr on my warrior yesterday after not playing him for a few months, he's tank spec and 915ish, i did maiden and fallen avatar and was in the top 10 dps, that shouldn't be possible as a tank on a single target fight, at that ilevel. even players with the bare minimum requirement to que for tomb should be able to do 700k+ single target dps.

people are just bad and there is no willingness to learn what their class or abilities do, or what the boss does (that takes 5 minutes in the dungeon journal) so you have to have a kiddy pool for them to splash around in so they dont pee in the jacuzzi.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess my problem with LFR is that bosses should at least be as hard as m0 bosses and I don't think they are

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
M0 isn't tough at all. Bosses are steamrolled in like 20 seconds. Most LFR bosses last that long. If you don't like LFR don't do it. I don't get the hate against it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users