World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Everyone wanted to do Aggramar tonight and after 12 wipes we got him, 115 wipes in total.

grats, thats fairly fast for Aggramar, we are on Coven with the best pull around 40%. about 10 pulls in, Coven just seems like "this is what happens at this overlap, then at this overlap you do this". since its not random in mythic and the mechanics are all coming out at the same spots in the fight

we are at the point we 1 shot almost all the bosses up to Varimathras with the exception of Imoner who pushes out shit in for a good 30-45 minutes every week.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Are you trying to say that strictly personal loot for a BiS trinket for most classes that also benefits the entire raid the more people that are wearing it is bad game design?

i have the healer and tank one on the BrM, the tank one on my guardian, and the dps one on my warrior (forgot to change specs) but we still have people that have been on the kill every single week that dont have 1. the system is god damn stupid. Method has no-aman'thuls in their main raid team (a few alts have one) but they killed Argus 6 times this morning and out of the 6 different 30 man raid teams no amanthul's dropped.

I'm the only tank in my guild with one (not complaining since i get like 58% uptime on the buff), but its crazy the class one isn't an auto drop. or at least let us reroll for it.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are you trying to say that strictly personal loot for a BiS trinket for most classes that also benefits the entire raid the more people that are wearing it is bad game design?

There are also the ilvl upgrade tokens which make the gap between the have's and the have not's widen every week. That's my favorite part.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
at least you get the token whether you have the trinket or not so you can atleast bump it up if it eventually drops.

• 1Solidarity

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the motto in our guild so far is "bads get gear" nothing like one of our socials bonus rolling a piece of 980 with a socket loot from a heroic boss.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
the motto in our guild so far is "bads get gear" nothing like one of our socials bonus rolling a piece of 980 with a socket loot from a heroic boss.
Well, shit. I guess I should be happy that I lose loot rolls on all the things, then.

What do you wear with the tank trinket? Apoc Drive?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had our best ranged dps (maybe best dps period) lose an upgrade to the worst player we've ever had and it's a quality guild meme now

I have to pug for gear. Too many people on that token

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why do you guys bother MLing if you just have people roll on the drops regardless of performance? You get more gear per player with personal loot.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Well, shit. I guess I should be happy that I lose loot rolls on all the things, then.

What do you wear with the tank trinket? Apoc Drive?

nah apoc drive is terrible on monks, i have a 940 chrono shard with a socket i wear on the warrior, on the monk i swap between diima's and a 940 agi/vers stat stick. i have a 935 crit stat stick i can swap in as well.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Monk is pretty fun for healing, very active and mobile. I hear it's really fun for tanking but I still haven't tried, Noodle says it plays a lot like DPS compared to other tanks and based on the numbers some monks put out I believe it.

As McQueen said, prot paladin is god tier for casual content. I'm geared but I do an insane amount of damage and basically take zero damage from groups of 8+ mobs. In heroics I don't even look I just pull literally everything and keep going while the rest of my group finishes the mobs I don't 2shot. I also outheal every single healer but I do use a mouseover macro for the insta cast prot heal.

Holy paladin is almost overkill for casual content. You can do a lot of single target DPS and your burst/single target healing is significantly higher than the rest of the healers.

Honestly you can't go wrong with any choice you proposed. They're all really good at what they do. Holy is my main but I have a lot more fun playing monk for casual content while pushing m+ keys upwards to 20s paladin is a lot more fun.

Pally discord guides for prot/holy pretty accurate good you would say? Feel dirty flirting with idea of maining the object of my wars vanilla disdain. But the utility in basically every spec is hard to pass up.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
nah apoc drive is terrible on monks, i have a 940 chrono shard with a socket i wear on the warrior, on the monk i swap between diima's and a 940 agi/vers stat stick. i have a 935 crit stat stick i can swap in as well.
I've been wearing a 950 Riftworld Codex. The thing is surprisingly decent for overall use during most boss fights. Between healing and shielding, it can almost (but not quite) replace the healing bracers on a warrior, so I've switched to the tclap belt, gonna try it out on our next Heroic clear.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pally discord guides for prot/holy pretty accurate good you would say? Feel dirty flirting with idea of maining the object of my wars vanilla disdain. But the utility in basically every spec is hard to pass up.

The discord channels in general are pretty good. Though there are some other, lesser known versions of some of them that are even better. For instance the DK channels became completely overrun by memes and dumbassery so there was another one created for UH DKs called The Unholiest which has better information and discussion.

The information found in all of them will at least give you a good base of understanding the class.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why do you guys bother MLing if you just have people roll on the drops regardless of performance? You get more gear per player with personal loot.
At the time we were sticking with heroic only. Now that we're switching to mythic I'm talking to the loot officer about how we're gonna handle it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been using darkmoon deck as the constant (unless not necessary for a fight) and rotating between AHR, dilmas, and rift codex. I got stat sticks too but not often I use them.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
if you have diima's i would swap out the DMD, its better in just about every situation.

rift codex isn't great on a monk either, it provides minimal healing. on a blood DK its amazing and on a warrior its not bad. its decent sustain when soloing and in M+ but i wouldn't wear it on the BrM for raid bosses.

BrM probably gains the highest benefit from stat sticks compared to other tanks and how our dps/survivability scales. in my full tank gear i sit around 20% vers and when concordance and trinket proc i go up to 70%ish.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
if you have diima's i would swap out the DMD, its better in just about every situation.

rift codex isn't great on a monk either, it provides minimal healing. on a blood DK its amazing and on a warrior its not bad. its decent sustain when soloing and in M+ but i wouldn't wear it on the BrM for raid bosses.

BrM probably gains the highest benefit from stat sticks compared to other tanks and how our dps/survivability scales. in my full tank gear i sit around 20% vers and when concordance and trinket proc i go up to 70%ish.
It adds about 250-300k hps for me. I'm just testing it now to see how it is but I was surprised at the results.

DMD as far as I know is our highest damage reduction on physical fights because of the constant armor buff opposed to a single proc.

I'm still messing with trinkets

Looked it up and dilmas is slightly higher DR. Still need to work some of that out.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Diima's will average out to just below the efficiency of a DMD:I if used on cooldown, but if you use it appropriately, it's way better.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it's on personal loot and you get a piece of gear that is an ilvl upgrade and a War/titanforge but not an upgrade for you (like a fire mage getting a versatility piece) you can not trade it.