World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Are they not all 900 yet? If you have any guys sitting at 890 or whatever, that aren't actually active, don't expect to see upgrade tokens. You can always buy the XP tokens from the shard vendor on the Broken Shore. You have to have active 900 followers, not all 950, or you won't get any tokens. I got a token at least once a day, just ensuring my guys were active. I get two pieces of purple/blue gear quests per day, and all of my followers are 950. It took maybe 2 weeks to max them out all around.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of my non-active followers are like 850. I was getting the highest upgrade items regularly.

To be far enough in the campaign to get the highest upgrade items, you have to have all 3 Krokun types of helpers available.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's RNG. I went 6 days without seeing a 2nd one. But then got one almost once a day after that.

Burns

I can't believe how ridiculous it is trying to raise my order hall champions' ilvls past 900. I'm getting like one mission for upgrade gear every 2 days and that's it.

Do you still have a 900 ilevel armor token mission up? There seems to be 2-3 mission slots for armor tokens, one short, and the others are a long cooldown. So if you have 2 up, you may not see another until those time out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All followers are 900 (even inactive)
No 900ilvl tokens up
There are 3 Krokun Minion Types? I thought there were only 2. Maybe I'm missing some of the questline then.

Burns

No 900ilvl tokens up
There are 3 Krokun Minion Types? I thought there were only 2. Maybe I'm missing some of the questline then.

Just to make sure, you have the quest to get 6 followers to 925? I dont recall ever having to wait more than a few days for the new tokens to show up.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No 900ilvl tokens up
Do you have a quest mission up that you haven't done?

Khane

I have void innoculation done and have the quest to get 6 followers to 925. No quest missions up.

Burns

Maybe that is the correct rate, one mission could have a ~2 day cooldown, and the second one could have a ~1 week cooldown. Shit all blends together when cycling through the alts, and makes it seem faster than it is, I guess.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
One of my friends started playing again, he’s just getting to Legion. I’m getting the itch so going to join him.

Played a rogue at release of Legion. Believe I’ve got paladin, priest, monk and mage at 100. Leaning toward playing the monk or paladin so I can tank or heal for my friend. I figure they’re both viable for casual content, but if anyone has an opinion on which I should play, all advice is welcome. I seem to remember a few guys going the monk path at the start of Legion, because they weren’t so keen on warrior at the time.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Don't forget that's a small sample size (as a lot of the "race" guilds don't post logs) and, until it's on farm, people with the top classes will be taking those for specific fights because that's how the mythic guilds work.

Yea most guilds doing Argus/aggramar aren't posting logs so the sample size is fairly small, we are on coven and don't post our logs until after the raid is cleared. reasoning is Illidan is a highly competitive server and if higher guilds see you with good logs they will 100% try and poach players from below them on the chain.

Boomkin's are more than fine, our boomie is regularly in the top 5 depending on how big execute windows are (others players shoot up at longer windows). you also have to look at heroic logs, at this point most fights are being cheesed in some way so that leads to inflation of some specs. Like for example we keep mythic dogs together for like 30 seconds now.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leaning toward playing the monk or paladin so I can tank or heal for my friend. I figure they’re both viable for casual content, but if anyone has an opinion on which I should play, all advice is welcome.

Protection Paladin can carry a terrible group through casual content unlike any other tank, if that's what you're looking for. The rest of the group just makes dungeons faster.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Monk is pretty fun for healing, very active and mobile. I hear it's really fun for tanking but I still haven't tried, Noodle says it plays a lot like DPS compared to other tanks and based on the numbers some monks put out I believe it.

As McQueen said, prot paladin is god tier for casual content. I'm geared but I do an insane amount of damage and basically take zero damage from groups of 8+ mobs. In heroics I don't even look I just pull literally everything and keep going while the rest of my group finishes the mobs I don't 2shot. I also outheal every single healer but I do use a mouseover macro for the insta cast prot heal.

Holy paladin is almost overkill for casual content. You can do a lot of single target DPS and your burst/single target healing is significantly higher than the rest of the healers.

Honestly you can't go wrong with any choice you proposed. They're all really good at what they do. Holy is my main but I have a lot more fun playing monk for casual content while pushing m+ keys upwards to 20s paladin is a lot more fun.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No 900ilvl tokens up
There's only 2 Krokun, plus one army of light, for a total of 3 new troops (which is where the confusion might come from).

Khane

Got carried through H Antorus last night and got the epic path of the titans trinket, a 965 socketed neck and the seething disdain of several of my guildmates who have yet to get the trinket to drop. 952ilvl and climbing boys!

Where do you get the army of light order hall troops?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I want to say the trinket shit is the stupidest thing they've done this expansion, but it isn't even that.

The Lego token system is FUCKING RETARDED

Khane

Are you trying to say that strictly personal loot for a BiS trinket for most classes that also benefits the entire raid the more people that are wearing it is bad game design?