World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Pally discord guides for prot/holy pretty accurate good you would say? Feel dirty flirting with idea of maining the object of my wars vanilla disdain. But the utility in basically every spec is hard to pass up.

Pally discord is really good for all 3 specs. Keep in mind most of that info is for raiding but it will give you the idea how you should be building. Even the icyveins guide for holy isn't bad (which I know saying that around here is blasphemy but it's true).

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
there is such a massive disparity in discords is nuts. same with the icy veins guides

BrM discord is actually really good, has several sections depending on what youre looking for, prot warrior is similar but not quite as fleshed out, druid ones seem pretty decent too.

i think the BrM icy veins guide still says "use ISB before you take a big hit" when you should just be keeping it up 100% of the time.

DH one is complete shit and just a bunch of memers (the FAQs are good) probably the worst discord i've been to. its just a bunch of "i know da wae" memes recently.

25036328_141282646662588_4359668409923796992_n.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What about gear between specs generally. Say ret vs holy. Since armor can swap primary stat does that mean you can wear a bunch of the same stuff and just swap stuff like trinkets and maybe a few set pieces or is it still completely different equipment sets?

Ttying to keep 2 or 3 legend weapons reasonably at a reasonable level seems like itd be a pita too?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What about gear between specs generally. Say ret vs holy. Since armor can swap primary stat does that mean you can wear a bunch of the same stuff and just swap stuff like trinkets and maybe a few set pieces or is it still completely different equipment sets?

Ttying to keep 2 or 3 legend weapons reasonably at a reasonable level seems like itd be a pita too?
A bunch of guildies have 75 in all 3 specs so it's not hard.

Most of the time all 3 specs will focus on different secondary stat priorities, so besides tier you'll be swapping gear around

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah with the way AK is now getting up to around 69 in a weapon takes a very very short amount of time overall which gets you down to the 3rd crucible trait on the first relic and two on the others which isn't terrible for offspecs and alts. Even up to 72 I would say comes at a quick pace if you are doing any content like Argus, M+, raids.

The last couple of points to 75 feel long just because of the scaling requirements.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Got carried through H Antorus last night and got the epic path of the titans trinket, a 965 socketed neck and the seething disdain of several of my guildmates who have yet to get the trinket to drop. 952ilvl and climbing boys!

Where do you get the army of light order hall troops?

In the Vindicaar from the guy next to Illidan? Thought that was the first one you'd get. Then the guy in the middle of teleport area closest to the Vindicaar in Krokuun. And the other guy in Mac'aree next to the black void thingies.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Why do you guys bother MLing if you just have people roll on the drops regardless of performance? You get more gear per player with personal loot.
This ^^^ Was weird to see everyone that can use this roll on it now. Why even bother lol

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Personal means random people get loot they can't use, like bonus rolls. Open, ML, allows drops for folks to compete over. And just because everyone can roll for something, doesn't mean they can all roll for everything. Say I'm the only one who wants a trinket, I'll get passed up on the next thing I roll for that others roll for. It's also handled differently between difficulty levels. Normal is kind of free for all. Heroic is handled with a little more poise. Teaz is pretty good at allocating things, and we're all pretty friendly on passing when it means someone else would get an immediate upgrade, or heavy ilvl upgrade. But that's just my personal perspective.

The weird aspect is, I tend to get my tier pieces fairly quickly, but relics are hard to win.

Overall I don't even give a fuck as long as my ilvl stays on par, and I'm not a deficit beyond just sucking in general.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean you can't really complain about our loot system if you haven't been a part of it. It's not some wild west free for all

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't mind personal but they need to get rid of the ilvl restriction nonsense attached to it. I got a pretty huge upgrade during the alt raid pug yesterday that Rockem could've used but instead I sold it to a vendor for 22g because my boots were only 915.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm grateful loot allocation isn't some serious algorithmic, dkp bullshit it was years ago. Just show up and be there when a boss dies, you'll get stuff. It's really not that complicated and there's no reason it should be.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know when the patch that introduces those subraces is expected to hit?