World of Warcraft: Current Year

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I got invincible twice. So I have the reigns sitting in the bank on my demon hunter that I cant use. Have all the raid mounts I want for now... looking forward to BFA and farming HFC for the robot mount.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The BfA changes *should* make mount/mog farming much nicer with that "loot run" option or whatever they are calling it for older raids.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Loot Rules for Transmog Runs - World of Warcraft Forums

Since the Patch 7.3.5 change to use personal loot rules in leveling dungeons, we’ve heard a lot of feedback from Transmog hunters concerned about how this has affected the ability to collect appearances from older content. We hear you, and agree it’s a problem, so we’ve been working on a more robust solution for Battle for Azeroth.

Once these updates are implemented, entering a dungeon or raid that is trivial for you (i.e.: your character is 10 or more levels higher than the dungeon or raid’s intended level) will activate a “legacy loot mode.” That loot mode will work like this:

• The number of items dropped by bosses will be the same as it would have been if you were in a full party. So if you’re in a 5-player dungeon, you’ll get 5 players’ worth of loot.
  • For raids with a flexible raid size (such as Raid Finder), this will act as though there were 20 players in the raid.
  • All items on the loot table will have a chance to drop, not just the ones that are designated for your spec.
  • If you have multiple players in the group, the loot will be split among those players, but be tradeable. For example, if you’re clearing with one other player and kill a boss that should drop 4 items, you’ll each be able to pick up two items and trade them between each other if you like.

While the personal loot change was a key part of what allowed us to expand leveling dungeons to encompass a wider range of levels, and we’re happy with it in that environment, we recognize that it’s not a great experience for those who enjoy clearing older content for transmog, and hope that these changes will make that more enjoyable once they’re complete.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
oh, neat. I expected them to be silent on the matter forever, I don't know how I missed that

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure the 7.3.5 changes made the ZG mounts be part of the personal loot 20% check on top of their shitty loot rate, further making them 5x less likely to drop. If this fixes it and I can finally never go back there I will be happy.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't you currently bypass the personal loot thing by putting a groupfinder request up?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
283 pulls, 28%, 8 minutes into a pull before you get some prog work in is soul draining.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Shit i still don't have Invincible while running 6 toons a week.
Up your game mate. When I farmed Invincible I had 11 100's at the ready, holding the lockout on one of them, so 10 runs per week. Brute force that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Up your game mate. When I farmed Invincible I had 11 100's at the ready, holding the lockout on one of them, so 10 runs per week. Brute force that shit.
That's what I been doing with my 6. Have 1 hold the lock out while I farm with the rest.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Banged out the unholy DK challenge quest in 2 attempts at 918 ilvl. Fuck, this was so much easier than doing Agatha on my damn elemental shaman which took me like 40 some tries. Now I just need to win 10 RBGs for the pretty blue skin... Fuck.