World of Warcraft: Current Year

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Argus is a long ass hill but there are clear markers along the way. Made no % progress this week into p3, but we stopped using the tree resses to get to the same spot so now we're at the whole raid res step and the tree is actually there. We're at 283 pulls, so another 100 or so to go maybe.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First Azerite traits revealed. Total snooze fest and like everyone worried it's just +more for boring stats. Starting to lose more and more interest in this expansion. In fact I wouldn't mind skipping it on release at this point from what I've seen.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
They're basically exactly the same as artifact traits, dunno what people were really expecting?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those are less inspiring and worse then artifact traits in every way. I know I'm jumping the gun here. I think I might just be looking for excuses. I've been pretty sad by the direction WOW has been taking lately, especially after such a strong start in Legion. I feel the game focuses less on content and more on gimmicks at this point. All we want are more dungeons for M+ and a new raid every once and a while. I feel like so much dev time is wasted in this game. But what do I know as an outsider.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
The issue is sort of clear to me. They wanted to add something like AA from EverQuest, but are so fucking terrified of alienating their returning/new players, that they chicken out and make it reset, instead of building on it for future expansions.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Resetting it is a much better option than building on it. Just look at how fucked Artifact Power/Artifact Knowledge was within months of release. Expand that through years of multiple expansions. Even with server-wide AK it still makes switching characters a chore in the one expansion it exists in. No thanks.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those are less inspiring and worse then artifact traits in every way. I know I'm jumping the gun here. I think I might just be looking for excuses. I've been pretty sad by the direction WOW has been taking lately, especially after such a strong start in Legion. I feel the game focuses less on content and more on gimmicks at this point. All we want are more dungeons for M+ and a new raid every once and a while. I feel like so much dev time is wasted in this game. But what do I know as an outsider.
All signs point to the dungeons being really fun so I don't get why you are upset? The only thing you want seems to have been done well.

Khane Khane it took me a week to take my demon hunter from fresh 110 to 75 traits. It wasn't really a chore. Like 2 class hall missions and you are working on concordance already.

• 1Like

Khane

Khane Khane it took me a week to take my demon hunter from fresh 110 to 75 traits. It wasn't really a chore. Like 2 class hall missions and you are working on concordance already.

You must have been playing a lot. I have 43 level 110s and only my main and one of my 5 man teams has 75 traits. I was doing emissaries and Argus stuff daily on many of those 110s for quite a while.

Now imagine 3 expansions from now if they didn't reset all that and just kept building on it. Requiring not 75 traits to unlock your full potential but 350.

Rime

<Donor>
Resetting it is a much better option than building on it. Just look at how fucked Artifact Power/Artifact Knowledge was within months of release. Expand that through years of multiple expansions. Even with server-wide AK it still makes switching characters a chore in the one expansion it exists in. No thanks.

If they are going to do a 'crunch' (Items, Stats, Difficulty, etc) every few expansions, they could just do it then.

I am just weary of EVERYTHING being reset EVERY expansion. You used to get new skills/talents every expansion. Now they just remove old ones and put the new ones in the previous spot, making it that we never really gain anything, it is just shuffled about.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So i'm starting to get a little iffy on the dungeons on alpha right now. Motherload (goblin one), freehold (pirate one) feel really similar since they are both outside sprawling areas with lots of trash. Tol dagor (prison one) is decent but its super repetitive as you are climbing up a prison tower a few neat mechanics here since mobs flee at low hp and can cause giant chain pulls. Atal'dazzar has been my favorite due to the troll temple aesthetic.

i hope agi melee classes enjoy freehold because if the loaded dice stay the way they are you'll be farming the shit out of that for trinkets again. Harlan's Loaded Dice currently they work out of melee so you always have a buff up and it randomly rerolls sometimes while in melee.

quite a few dungeons i haven't done yet that unlock at higher levels. - still fairly certain im going to be a DH this expansion.

Noodleface Noodleface idk if you saw the Stagger changes but now stagger% is based on agi similar to how other tanks gain armor for main stat now. this means that its going to have to be constantly rebalanced throughout the expansion OR monks are going to completely suck in the first few raids.

example (these are made up numbers just for the sake of demonstration)
1000 agi = 20% stagger (base without isb) @ ilevel 360 (first raids mythic level)
so by the time you hit the third raid in the expansion you'll be sitting at 3000 agi and even with DR thats going to be 30-35% base stagger which is going to cap you near 98% stagger with HT and ISB - IE impossible to balance without nerfing stagger every time a new tier is released.

they did change it so you can get mystic vitality and dampen harm but now you'll lose chi torpedo if you take MV....hm

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Been playing the alpha for the past month trying out various classes mainly the tanking ones. Think I will also be playing a Demon Hunter as my main. DH feels so fluid this expansion and hopefully it will stay like that after release. It's just really weird having all of your abilities on one action bar.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
so by the time you hit the third raid in the expansion you'll be sitting at 3000 agi and even with DR thats going to be 30-35% base stagger which is going to cap you near 98% stagger with HT and ISB - IE impossible to balance without nerfing stagger every time a new tier is released.

I believe they are changing it so that the amount of your stagger % is calculated versus the power of the enemy you are facing.
So say on your example 1000 agi gives you 20% stagger on the first raid tier but on the third raid tier you will need a lot more agility to get the same stagger % against bosses there.

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I've read a couple of blue comments about armor working this way and the latest blue post about stagger claims its going to work similar to armor which makes sense.

Edit: found a blue post talking about armor working this way:
Prot Paladins vs Magic Damage = /cancelaura - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sounds like a pretty lazy design

Everything I'm reading leads me to believe that again they don't know what to do with brm. Gonna probably have to main another tank, at least at expac launch. Probably my BDK or VDH

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You must have been playing a lot. I have 43 level 110s and only my main and one of my 5 man teams has 75 traits. I was doing emissaries and Argus stuff daily on many of those 110s for quite a while.

Now imagine 3 expansions from now if they didn't reset all that and just kept building on it. Requiring not 75 traits to unlock your full potential but 350.
Instead of doing it on 45 guys, try playing one. It takes a week.

• 1Like

Khane

I'm not disagreeing it can be done in a week. But it takes a lot of effort to do it that fast. Emissaries everyday, Lots of M+, all the raid difficulties. It slows down considerably at around weapon level 68 and at 72 it becomes a chore. You'd have to play that character quite a lot in that week to get from fresh 110 to 75 traits. If you're playing at a more casual pace it will take closer to a month.

Then take that and extrapolate it over the course of years of new expansions.