World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Isn't class homogenization the exact opposite of the "bring the class not the player" stance they stated they were switching to in BfA?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coming from artifacts+legendaries is going to be a shock for a LOT of specs. Most people have used the stuff so long they don't fully grasp how much of what they do is enhanced/changed by the artifact. I imagine a fair number of big numbers/ability patches at the start of BfA to sort stuff out and rebake some stuff in that people demand.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I did notice at PAX that the mage felt... clunky? It certainly felt slowed down compared to Live Legion. I think the time to kill was about the same but it felt like I was spending a lot more time casting things / waiting to cast things.

*edit* I know its a conceit with each expansion that you start over from square one with the 'intro zone quests' but in Legion there was at least a sense that you were a hero there to help deal with a serious issue and working to cement alliances etc.

In Boralus there is a sequence, right after you get a replay of the cutscene where you saved all of reality from Sargeras, qhwew you get sent on a quest to collect bear asses...actual motherfucking bear asses. Here you are, the leader of all members of your class on Azeroth and ostensibly one of the unnamed leaders of your faction and you have to go do piddly crap? Sheesh

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
things are dying around the same as they are on Legion (if you aren't relatively geared out) but it is taking far less abilities to do it. like as a warlock immolate, chaosbolt, conflag kills most mobs but everything casts sooooo slow.

Burns

I still dont see anything drawing me to play BFA, and we are only ~4 months away. I logged into alpha for 30 min, looked around at a few classes, checked some of the xmog rules (they arnt set up yet), and haven't played it since.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Xs96UAk.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's crazy to think that the first time the game's overall sub numbers ever dropped was during Cataclysm, 6 years after the game launched. Where did you find that chart? Seems suspect that not only did the sub numbers drop more than WoD, but significantly more. Maybe the huge increase in token prices on the AH had that big an effect though. They were way, way cheaper in WoD even with the huge influx of gold from garrisons.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, the last two sections of that chart look like they were sprayed in on MSPaint, so I assume it's a meme about "dead gaem"

Burns

I am pretty sure the last red dots, durring WoD, is when they stopped reporting sub numbers to investors. Everything past that is suspect, even though some rough estimates are floating around based on numbers from the armory, or some such.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've always used default ui with a couple add ons (weak auras, DBM, world quest stuff and some random other shit).

Anyone have a good launching point for a good UI that is plug and play and looks good?

Burns

I use ElvUI as well, once you set it up, you can import those options to all your toons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea use Elvui, its infinitely customizable and comes with most of the extras you need. you can also go to wago.io and download elvui profiles if you dont want to configure everything yourself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I feel like the overall plot of WoW has reached a point where it no longer makes sense for the player character to be a player character. It works still as a game if you are playing as the apprentice of your former character or some other conceit but otherwise it demands too great a suspension of disbelief to have your super mega awesome god-slaying powerful dude challenged by a raccoon.

I could maybe see it if these were actually powerful beings on a different plane of reality who simply LOOKED like raccoons as part of the overall mental construct of the situation... but nope... its just a raccoon / bear / deer and it has a reasonably high chance of killing you.

Fuck, where were these Raccoons when Deathwing was attacking... and how the hell did the people on these islands manage to not notice the planet nearly getting ripped apart or the presence of Argus in the sky?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
They kinda used the artifact weapons to cover for some of that, during Legion our characters were at a power level that won't be achieved any time soon, because of the artifact weapons.
Now that we are losing them we are back to a power level much closer to what we had before Legion.

But really the player character has stoped making sense a long time ago, ever since they started making our character a major piece in the story.
In return though we get some cool stories, its all a compromise in the end.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They kinda used the artifact weapons to cover for some of that, during Legion our characters were at a power level that won't be achieved any time soon, because of the artifact weapons.
Now that we are losing them we are back to a power level much closer to what we had before Legion.

But really the player character has stoped making sense a long time ago, ever since they started making our character a major piece in the story.
In return though we get some cool stories, its all a compromise in the end.

Compromise implies we have a voice in the matter.