World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Having the default UI include a built-in group finder for World Quests was such a QoL improvement I can't fathom why they think this is necessary. Is it to build community? Because any notion of that went away the second they introduced cross-server dynamic phasing.

in EQ there was a definite community that grew up purely because of frequency of contact. You kept running into the same people over-and-over and eventually you would end up speaking to each other via /ooc and other channels and built up some rapport.

In WoW you can go weeks or months and never see the same person twice even though you are on the same home server and are doing the same daily quests at the same time of day.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Mounts owned: 143. I am scrub status. 174 on Mount tab. I'm sure there's a ton I just haven't purchased from previous expacs.

In WoW you can go weeks or months and never see the same person twice even though you are on the same home server and are doing the same daily quests at the same time of day.
Literally the only time I ever see the same people is when we're standing in front of a raid portal or when a random guildy is doing WQ's and I'm sitting idle at the turn in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Having the default UI include a built-in group finder for World Quests was such a QoL improvement I can't fathom why they think this is necessary. Is it to build community? Because any notion of that went away the second they introduced cross-server dynamic phasing.

in EQ there was a definite community that grew up purely because of frequency of contact. You kept running into the same people over-and-over and eventually you would end up speaking to each other via /ooc and other channels and built up some rapport.

This, x 1000. In EQ you had a very small playerbase at max level and once you got into the xp/aaxp farming habits you had a reputation, or you built one. Or your guild had one.

In WoW, you may have a reputation if your name occupies 90% of the auction house, or your guild has one if you are the local #1 or at best #2 guild and nothing past that.

xzi

Mouthbreather

I think it's poor game design choices that everyone else had to fill in the hole you left open and instead of addressing and fixing what the community perceives as a problem, they just remove it completely. It's an odd move.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Speaking of the UI I know the game is very old now but goddamn should someone be fired for allowing it to exist in it's base fashion this late into the game. I know that there are plenty of addons and people do the work for free to make up for Blizzards incompetence but the fact that they haven't even done basic shit like move the base UI health bars to the middle of the screen. I don't even wanna know what % of the WoW player-base doesn't even install an addon.

But still what is the first thing that anyone who comes back to the game told to do? Go get ElvUI and install that shit, the sheer amount of difference in displayable information from that alone is massive. Now you go into more details, DPS meters, Threat meters, Rotation helpers apparently, so on and so on.

Then you get toe weak auras and jesus fuck the amount of additional information you get from this shit is retarded. The visual queues the count down timers on abilities. The amount of damage left on a shield, your procs, how long they have left, the countdown seconds on you timewarp.

It's like people playing the base game are blind to so much shit and this is the fault of Blizzard for letting it get so far out of hand. They complain all the time about the gap between casual retard shit little Timmy and the toxic hated nazi Mythic raider, If they really wanted to close the gap instead of dumbing down gear to iLvl over all they could start here.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The base UI is pretty bearable in BFA. I still wish integrated damage meters were a thing though.

Blizzard in 2018 are full of cucks that will say damage meters don't do anything for the game but harm it. Just like how in overwatch they think a basic scoreboard would increase toxicity among the community which is the reason they never added them. Great how that worked out, they made a game more toxic than MOBA games somehow.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
So Blizzard makes efforts to break addons that facilitate group creation but doesn't do anything to stop run sellers from flooding the group finder, cool.
I guess that gold has got to flow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The group finder definitely could use more filter options. I don't get why automatic group creation is a problem, though I also don't care because I've never used those addons to create groups, only to find them, which they aren't changing.

Any time I created a group for something I always did it manually anyway. This change really doesn't matter much, though it is a head scratcher unless it just had to do with server load and group finder list flooding.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know previously the automatic group creation was causing some weird sharding behavior where people would start getting dumped faster and faster into one specific shard until it became problematic. I am curious if the addons even after the last round of fix was still causing this issue or they are anticipating it doing so in BFA when the launch level of people are back in action again. This may be something they are breaking for now but allowing back once the initial crush dies back to normal.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yep, that's why auto creation was such an issue, for two reasons -- because depending on who created the group, people would end up on shards they had no business being on full-time after the group disbanded (e.g. the Oceanic servers, when they're US players), and because it became increasingly difficult to load balance properly when there were so many groups being formed and removed almost instantly. It taxed the system to the point where it was doing more harm than good to have so many people switching shards so often.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing to note is especially for sliver elites there is a lil LFG icon next to the WQ so it is still pretty easy to get groups kill the thing then leave. It just keeps it from being so fast/automated and instantaneous.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well between that change and nerfing bear tartare by 60% movespeed they're doing a pretty good job at not making me do world content past 2 weeks
They nerfed bear tartare? Wow.... Blizzard will do almost anything to slow down from reaching end content too quickly. Oh well I'll be leveling up with Warpaint as fury and I still get a nice little speed buff.
War Machine - Spells - WoWDB (Beta)

Last edited:

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Mounts owned: 143. I am scrub status. 174 on Mount tab. I'm sure there's a ton I just haven't purchased from previous expacs.
ALL THE THINGS is pushing all my buttons. I even realized that I never did get all 4 falcosaur pets, let alone the quest lines (which are further complicated by the fact that one character can only accept one falcosaur quest per day).

Plus the missing 2017 toys for the current world event, the missing xmogs from Ahune, the missing... AAAAARGGGGGH!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
ALL THE THINGS is pushing all my buttons. I even realized that I never did get all 4 falcosaur pets, let alone the quest lines (which are further complicated by the fact that one character can only accept one falcosaur quest per day).

Plus the missing 2017 toys for the current world event, the missing xmogs from Ahune, the missing... AAAAARGGGGGH!

I tried ALL THE THINGS for a bit but realized that I would become OCD trying to collect all sorts of bullshit for no reason other than collecting it. It's one of the bad things when I am playing WoW is that I try and do too much shit and hit all the achievements, collect all the mounts, farm shit on 20 different alts. Run 5-6 a characters a week through raids. In the end I just burn myself out of the game, all for shit that doesn't really matter.

There is certainly a line when it stops being just fun and you hit that addiction/bad habit line. That being said when I end up dipping my toes back in the game when BfA drops I can almost bet I will be doing that shit again.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Back in the day, I was shooting the "It's over NINE THOUSAND" achieve. But I always drew the line at the Insane achieve (which one guy in the guild had. Still has. I know no one else)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I toy with the idea of doing The Insane every now and then. It's Ravenholdt that's stopping me. I just can't be bothered.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I only stopping going for it because I xferred my paladin off of my rogues server. Not paying some retard a bunch of money to just unlock lockboxes for me. I think I was halfway through honored though with lockboxes in my bank to turn in. Maybe I'll do that once bfa settles down a bit.

I'm still running All The Things, I have a LOT of transmogs but there's a few rarer pets and obviously mounts I've been running multiple alts through to try to get. Recently got the mount from utgarde pinnacle and one of the mounts from deathwing in the same week which pumped some more morphine directly into my veins and got me hooked to doing mount runs again lol

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm glad I've really only bothered collecting or going for things I actually want or will use. I don't give a fuck about a mount achieve unless it gives a mount I'll actually use. Fuck buying the 4 chicken belf mounts just because. Especially as a druid where 99% of the time the convenience of travel form is going to win out. About the only mount I'd like right now that I don't have is the alexstrasza looking one, and doing Dragon Soul is soul sucking.

I'm like 90% the way through Revered with the Anglers for the water strider, I've just found at no point that I've actually needed it. Again, travel form is sufficient, and previous expansion the glyph made it just as fast... (or the turtle that is just as fast, I just have to shift when I hit land, or ultimately)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent was dope. The Frostshard Core is pretty sweet and the change they made for the 400 mount achieve mount is pretty good now too (felfire version of Rukhmar mount). Those are definitely the only reason I do it.